I would like to continue my experience in marine coating field. Implement my knowledge and skills I have earned during my long career in this field.
5. ABG Shipyard Limited, Surat/Dahej- India, As Head of the Department (Surface Treatment and Corrosion Protection). 1996 – May 2013. (17 years)
The company ABG Shipyard limited (an ISO 9001:2008, 14001:2004 & 18001:2007 certified Company) is biggest private sector shipyard in India in terms of production, Turnover and order book and is
serving to vast clientele globally. About 90% of clients are of foreign origin. The work force strength
together at 2 Shipyards Surat & Dahej is more than 10 thousand with an expertise in building various types of ships from Anchor Handlers (AHTS) to FPSO and Bulk Carriers, Cement Carriers, Passenger vessels, Diving support vessels and offshore Platforms etc.
• I was responsible for management and coordination of corrosion prevention, preservation and coating activities.
• As a leader implemented technology innovation, upgraded equipment, procedures and tools to improve productivity and quality of work performed.
Major responsibilities included:
• Lab testing of Coating performance and failure as per NACE Standards.
• Coordinating with hull and electrical departments to design and implement the installation of cathodic protection system on ships by sacrificial anodes and impressed current.
• Coordinating application of protective coatings in ballast water tanks and void spaces as per IMO PSPC regulations.
• Coordinating and implementing corrosion prevention measures for offshore rigs.
• Applying knowledge of different procedures and standards for marine coatings such as ISO 8501, SFS 8145, NACE, and ASTM standards for preservation and coating work done on marine vessels.
• Leading a team of qualified corrosion engineers to research and apply new technologies to the preservation and coating work.
• Coordinating with clients, subcontractors and vendors to complete the tasks on time within budget and to the client’s satisfaction.
• Preparing monthly client invoices, progress reports and process vendor payments.
Major Projects Completed include:
• Shipbuilding: including Piping, Electrical, Outfit, and Machinery. The vessels were successfully delivered to LAMNALCO, Abu Dhabi, and MARIDIVE, Egypt on time and within budget.
• Wind Mill Towers: Coordination and quality control of Blasting, metallizing and painting of wind mill towers built for Enercon (India) Ltd.
• Surface corrosion prevention treatment and coating as per IMO PSPC of several vessels including - 32K bulk carriers (BC) of PSL Shipping, Thailand
35K BC of Vogeman, 54K BC of ESLL
M.Sc. ( Chemistry)
M.Tech. (Corrosion Science & Engineering)
FROSIO Level 3
Certified Coating Inspector
IMO PSPC Experienced