Marine Chief Engineer, Technical consultant, New BUilding Project Manager
- Project Engineering / Project Management
- To seek a suitable career path in the Marine engineering/Technical consultant/vessel superintendent/Gas Engineering(LPG & LNG)/ship building/ship designing/Oil & gas/Project management & Survey field.
- To establish myself with my Marine engineering, Ship building and Ship design knowledge and elevate to higher positions.
- To gain more knowledge in the field absorbed and share the knowledge to subordinates.
- Presently employed with The Great Eastern shipping Co. Ltd, (GESO), Mumbai
Designation: Chief Engineer
Presently working as New Building/projects as owner’s observer and taking over Chief engineer completed last project in Sept 2015 and sailed till Mar 2016, Tsuneshi ship yard (V/L type Kamsarmax)
Experience: Nov 2014 to till now
Chief Engineer : 19 Oct 2015 to 9 Mar 2016
12 July 2015 to 2 Sept 2015 (vessel sold to another owner at shipyard)
22 Dec 2014 to 22 Apr 2015
- Shore Experience
Abt. 4+ yrs Experience in Ship design and New Building, Project management and ship construction
Designation : Dy. General Manager, Machinery, Electrical & Piping Design
Company name : Smart Engineering and Design solutions (www.marinedesigners.com)
ISO 9001:2008 certified
Experience : August 2010 till Oct 2014
- Project management – Successfully completed two projects
- 20 FPV(fast Patrol Vessel ) design for ICG (coast guard) at Cochin Ship yard,
- 2- Handy size 37.5K bulk carrier eco-friendly design built at Tsuji shipyard, China
- Concept design development of LNG fuelled ships, barges and HAZID (hazard Identification) study and analysis
- 100 PAX boat for Kerala Shipping and inland navigation corporation
- Concept design development of ASW SWC (Anti-submarine warfare shallow water craft) for Indian Navy. Presently in bid documentation stage
Job Expertise as follows
- Project management includes Technical/Engineering support, co-ordination with Owner, Yard and Equipment maker, design supervision during vessel construction, attend sea trials and FAT(Factory acceptance test)
- In charge of complete machinery and piping design Both Basic design and Production design
- Authority for approving and releasing machinery/piping design drawings /documents to the clients and classification society
- Co-ordination with class for the basic design change for Machinery and piping drawings as per class approval requirements
- New design concept implementation, equipment sizing including main propulsion plant, Auxiliary generator, Auxiliary boilers and Auxiliary equipment’s sets as per the specification and class requirements complying with all maritime rules and regulations
- Studied and proposed in our latest design development the incorporation of gas propelled engines LNG vessels and tri fuel engines
LNG equipment’s, Engines, tank volume calculation, cost effectiveness, feasibility study for the particular ship type, meeting with equipment makers and technical discussions with owners and class
Participated in HAZID study as design representative for getting AIP (approval in principle) for LNG design
- Project planning, man hour estimation and Project status maintaining
- Preparing Machinery specification required as per the buyer proposal
- Evaluation and verification of design calculations like Air conditioning load calculation (HVAC), steam balance calculation, ventilation fan sizing, Auxiliary equipment sizing, duct pressure loss calculation, Electrical load analysis
- Lay out of Machinery Arrangement and placing of equipment’s in engine room and other spaces
- Facilitation in piping routing –briefing team members/yard about the equipment’s on board the vessel and their purpose and producing optimum routing pattern with the vast experience as sailing Marine engineer
- Verification and checking of Machinery/piping drawings Basic and production design
- Preparation of Technical enquiry specification or purchase order specification
- Preparation of various Bid-Tender documents (technical) based on bid specifications and client requirements and submitting for various tender.
- Attending Technical negotiation meeting with equipment manufacturers and shipyards for technical feasibility of equipment’s in the vessel design
- Co-ordination and correspondence with maker, shipyards and buyer regarding latest updates in machinery developments, equipment technicality and selection
- Co-ordination with buyer and shipyard regarding design changes and assisting in arriving at suitable solutions for the problems arising during constructional stages
- Implementation of Green passport concept, ECO friendly design concepts to suite modern ships requirements
- EEDI calculations as per class requirements
- Preparation of various manuals, plans and procedures for the vessels class notations like
- Ballast water management systems(Technical operation manuals)
- Garbage management manual
- Fuel oil transfer procedure and Bunkering plan
- Bilge water management plan
- Sewage management plan
- Refrigerant systems management manual and List for Hazardous and potentially hazardous material manual for Green passport (GP)
- Fuel oil management plan for reduction of Sox/ Nox
- Preparation of Mooring test procedures and onboard test procedures (for equipment installation and functioning)
- Preparation of Sea trial procedures (Machinery, Electrical and General)
- Design concepts for retrofitting of Ballast water treatment plants(BWTP) and suggesting owners/shipyards for the type of BWT plant to be incorporated in the vessel design
- Training sub-ordinates for various class rule requirements in machinery and piping design, on-board equipment details their purpose and functions and continual improvements for Error-Free design
- Assisting Electrical, Piping, Outfitting and Accommodation departments for proper layout of equipment’s, design feasibility with respect to ship building practices and constructional possibilities and rectifying errors and also provide suggestions for improvements
- ISO documentation – Instrumental in preparation of process documents for the company’s ISO certification
- Attending yard test, equipment commissioning ,Sea trials and representing design supervision team for the proper installation and working of equipment’s on board
- Attending FAT (factory acceptance test) for various machineries and equipment’s
- Deputed on site during the vessel construction (china- Tsuji Shipyard) in various stages as designer’s representative for design supervision and also bridging the communication between yard request and Design house. Analyzing constructional difficulties and proposing suitable corrections and revising design concept.
- Kamsermax – being built at Tsuneshi ship yard owner’s observer and take over Chief engineer
- Running project 100 PAX passenger ferry for KSINC (1+1) – Kerala Shipping and inland navigation corporation
- 37,500 DWT Handy Size Bulk Carrier (2+2- Tsuji ship yard, China)
One of the best eco-friendly designs available in the market
Successfully handed over the vessels to owners in October 2013 and February 2014
- 37,500 DWT Handy Size Bulk Carrier – LNG version
Design proposal and concept design development for LNG fuelled and Dual fuel engines
- 20 No’s- Fast Patrol Vessel (For Indian coast guards, Cochin ship yard, India)
The series is the fastest in the ICG FPV fleet with 33 knots with water jet propulsion.
- Technical consultancy for retrofitting of equipment’s and major conversion of ships like Cadet training ships, passenger ferries, various Indian NAVY and CG vessels.
- Also prepared bid-tender documents for 17.5K, 20K, 25K, 61.5K size bulk carriers, MR tankers, tugs, OPV (off shore patrol vessel), self-propelled coal barge.
- Concept development of ASW SWC (Anti-submarine warfare shallow water craft) for Indian Navy. Presently in bid documentation stage
- Under went Shaft alignment calculation training with ABS (American Bureau of shipping)-Bussan, South Korea. Proficient in doing shaft alignment calculation with ABS software.
Bearing analysis and suggestion for slope boring requirement done for the Handy size bulk carrier mentioned above.
- Main engine factory setting and tuning (MAN ME-B series) verification during sea trials along with MAN B & W engineers
- Under went MAN B & W ME-C automation training
- Previous Sailing Experience
Approx. 12+ Yrs Sea going experience as Marine Engineer
Designation : First Assistant Engineer
Company name : MITSUI O.S.K.LINES India Private ltd., (Affiliated to MOL JAPAN)
Holding Chief Engineer certificate MOT CLASS I (MOTOR) Indian certificate.
Worked in various Dry fleet like Bulk carrier, PCC, self unloaders and containers of various sizes
Apart from the latest Modern main engines and DG sets have experience in shaft powered generators, turbine generator and various boiler type and other auxiliary machineries used in marine field throughout the career line.
Dry Docking experience six times.
Done delivery of a new Kamsarmax (Philippines), cape size bulk carrier, pure car carrier (PCC) from yard (Japanese ship building yard)
Underwent certificate courses sponsored by the company as stated below
- Electrical and Fluid Technology
- Proficiency for ship security officer
- Risk Management and Incident Investigation
- Hazardous materials training programme
- Shipboard Safety officer
- Management skill development course
- Appraisal Guidance
- Diesel Engine simulator course
- MAN B & W ME-C – Automation Course
Ø B.E.(Mechanical Engineering) Bharath engineering college( ),
Ø PGD (Marine Engineering) MERI- Mumbai, Oct ’98(First class)
D.O.B : 12 March 1976
Nationality : Indian.
Passport number : G-1980340
C.D.C. Number : MS 12241(Chennai)
Interests : Marine engineering updates.
Naval Arch, ship building and ship design, Automobiles (cars),
Sports (Cricket, carom, Tennis & football) and Music
Marital Status : Married.
Languages known : English, Tamil, Hindi (Read, Write, Speak)
Computer knowledge : Appreciable proficiency in MS- office tools,
Auto CAD 2007, 2009
Cadmatic (Ship Design software) for Model viewing and checking
Expected Pay Package : To be competitive as per the industry standards(approx. 12000 USD/month)
Notice of Readiness : June end 2016, Can discuss in person
Relocate : yes (Singapore)
Present Address : Flat 1072, MIR Emerald Park
Permanent Address : Plot no: 122/2 D, Sri Lakshmy nagar
Tamil Nadu, India
I, hereby declare that the above mentioned particulars are true to the best of my knowledge and no false information is provided to mislead the organization. Thanking you and expecting a favorable reply at the earliest.