Marine Chief Engineer
- Engineer / Naval Architect
SUMMARY OF SKILLS
- Hands on experience on performing a wide range of mechanical and electrical engineering skills.
- Expertise in “Preventive Maintenance Plan” software including NS5, Bassnet.
- Decision making , excellent analysis, and problem-solving skills to diagnose shipboard engine and machinery faults.
- Leadership, team building and supervisory skills necessary to facilitate the success of the team, including shipboard management teams, company staff and customers.
- Well conversant with Class, Flag State, SOLAS, ISM and USCG regulatory requirements.
- Dry Docking and new building ship taking over experience from the shipyard as Chief Engineer
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office.
- Chief Engineer, Certificate of Competency Engineer Class- 1 (motor, unlimited HP). 2002.
Australian Maritime Safety Authority, Australia.
- Marine Engineering 19 years by 2014
Chief Engineer at NYK Ship Management Pte. Ltd - Singapore
2012 November - Jan 2014 In charge of engine room department and its staffs and responsible to the Master and Company for the safe and efficient operation of all shipboard machinery.
Inspections, Tests and Surveys for various machinery on board and determine the effectiveness of machinery & equipment in view of performance and safety standards.
Implement and monitor Preventive Maintenance Program.
Supervise and conduct emergency repair, organize engine room crew and train junior as require.
Maintain machinery maintenance records, prepare defect lists and follow up with the company.
Control and record spares, stores, fuel and lube oil inventory and raise requisition as require
Chief Engineer at Manship Pte Ltd. , Singapore.
2012 February - Jul 2012Same As Chief Engineer
Chief Engineer at Seaspan Ship Management Pte. Ltd. Vancouver, Canada
2010 May - Sep 2010
Chief Engineer at NYK Ship Management Pte. Ltd, Singapore
2008 April - Jan 2008Same as Chief Engineer
Chief Engineer at OSM Maritime Services Ltd., Hong Kong.
2001 June - Nov 2007
Marine Engineering at Sydney Institute of Technology1997 - 2002
Marine Engineering at Marine Fisheries Academy1988 - 1990
- Advance Diploma
- Chief Engineer Unlimited HP Nov 2011
Jamaica, New York,