I am a skilled marine diesel engineer with a wide range of experience in marine industry.
I have led complex projects involving propulsion unit integration with gensets, navigation, steering systems and different vessel subsystem. I have worked with largest shipyards and different boat builders in Russia.
I have good experience with engineering tool and drafting software applications. I have dealt with CAN buses, electronic and digital control systems, conducted software setup and adaptation.
I would like to find a job, where my education, values and work experience would be beneficial. I am interested in working in an environment where innovative ideas are shared and developed.
I would like to apply for a maximum all my previous skills and look for continuing my professional development.
Application engineer, October 2008 - June 2011
“M-CRUISER Motors”, Dolgoprudny, Moscow region, Russia
Product certification: Mercury MerCruiser - Distributor, Cummins - Dealer
• In charge of Cummins MerCruiser Diesel product line: high speed, mid range engines.
• Handling CMD product warranty issues
• Accountable for offering customized propulsion system solutions with CMD engines and manage projects to deliver revenues and profits.
• Working with dealers, suppliers to define customer needs and translate these into workable offers.
• Staying in constant contact with customers during developing and approval of propulsion system design
• Engines, drives or gearboxes model matching, control and monitoring system optimization
• Calculation of exhaust system, drive shafting and propellers
• Vessel performance preliminary calculation
• Propulsion system integration with genset (Cummins Onan), navigation and autopilot systems (Garmin, Northstar, Raymarine),
• Providing installation instructions, sizing and electrical drawings for customers or shipyards
• Survey control during installation to ensure it complies with OEM technical requirements
• Carrying out setting-up procedures
• System start-up and water test performing. Troubleshooting and fixing issues
• Performing electronic control modules setup, reflash and calibration
• Conducting product performance testing and emissions testing
• Conducting engine testing on dynamometer stand
• Installation and water test reports, data analysis
• Managing a portfolio of projects, meeting customer needs and profitability targets
• Seeking for opportunities to improve work standards
• Working close with sales and marketing department to qualify and develop new solutions and standard
• Carrying out product technical overview seminars to promote the sale of company products and solutions
• Customer consulting for all questions concerning Cummins MerCruiser Diesel engines applications
Ship Service engineer, March 2007- October 2008
“Peter Dohle Schiffahrts-KG“ ship operating company, Hamburg, Germany
• Accountable for auxiliary diesel engines (Yanmar 500kW-2000kW) and other auxiliary machineries, electrical instrumentation, hydraulic steering systems.
• Performing Operating and Maintenance, Repair and Overhauling of aux. diesel engines and equipment.
• Engine performance, troubleshooting and diagnostics
• Participating in main diesel engines overhauling and repair party. (MAN B&W Samsung, Sulzer 15000-30000kW).
• Documentation of work performed
• Incident reports and analysis to improve quality of work process
Seagoing Practice, September 2005 – April 2006
Engine cadet, “Peter Dohle Schiffahrts-KG” ship operating company, Hamburg, Germany
• Assisting to 2-nd service engineer in main engine maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs.
• Troubleshooting ship’s electrical systems.
Seagoing Practice, October 2003 – May 2004
Engine cadet, “V.Ships Management” ship operating company, Monaco
• Assisting to 3-rd service engineer in auxiliary diesel engines diagnostic, troubleshooting, overhauling and repairs.
• Assisting to 3-rd service engineer in auxiliary machineries diagnostic, troubleshooting, overhauling and repairs.
Odessa National Maritime Academy
The engineering faculty, August 2001 – February 2007
February 2007 master of ship’s power plants
June 2005 bachelor of ship’s power engineering
Academy diploma design: Reliability improvement and cost efficiency enhancement of ships steering gear hydraulic drives, - February 2007
Academy coursework: Differential engine piston vibration analysis, combustion chamber design calculation, - October 2004
MerCruiser First Level Technician 18/11/08 – 19/11/08, “Trade & Management, Corp.”, Moscow, RUSSIA;
MerCruiser Certified Technician 3/02/09 – 6/02/09, “Trade & Management, Corp.”, Moscow, RUSSIA;
MerCruiser Axius First Level Technician 23/03/09 – 27/03/09, Brunswick Marine in EMEA, Petit-Rechain, BELGIUM
MerCruiser First Level Technician 05/11/09 – 6/11/09, “Trade & Management, Corp.”, Moscow, RUSSIA;
MerCruiser Certified Technician 1/02/10 – 4/02/10, “Trade & Management, Corp.”, Moscow, RUSSIA;
CDS G3 training, 21/09/09 – 24/09/09, Brunswick Marine in EMEA, Petit-Rechain, BELGIUM
MerCruiser Axius Certified Technician 25/10/10 – 27/10/10, Brunswick Marine in EMEA, Petit-Rechain, BELGIUM
Volkswagen marine 7/02/11 – 11/02/11, Brunswick Marine in EMEA, Petit-Rechain, BELGIUM
Marine diesel engines, propulsion systems and related equipment
Diesel generators, electrical systems
Vessel auxiliary equipment
Cummins MerCruiser Diesel high-speed engines, midrange
Axius and Total Command advanced propulsion systems
Digital and Electrical Control systems: SmartCraft DTS, non-DTS, Glendining EEC
Service and engineering tools: Cummins Insite, Mototune, CDS, CDS G3
CAN Buses: SmartCraft, J1939, NMEA 0183, NMEA 2000
Proficient with PC and MS Office Suite
Rhino, AutoCad, Pro/ENGINEER