- Vessel Operations
- Persistence guarantees results in shipping profession. With 18 years of experience in ship operation, maintenance, Dry Dock repairs and Quality Assurance & Safety Management I believe I have achieved the quality of persistence.
- Manage a wide spectrum of ship machineries, equipment & utilities on their operation, maintenance and repair.
- Have always ensured adherence to the highest standards of Health, Safety, Security, Quality and Environment and compliance with relevant rules and regulations.
- For more than 6 years since I have been in management role I am actively involved in training and mentoring of onboard staff, providing an example of leadership in all types of situations.
- Adept in effective interaction with people of diverse nationalities and comfortable working in multi-national setup.
- Describe myself as a well-balanced and hard working employee with an appetite to succeed and strive towards perfection in my job.
- Possess exceptional troubleshooting, analytical & organizational capability with exemplary skills in maintaining composure under pressure.
- I can be a part of a team and develop a team as well with different cultures.
- Fluency in verbal/written English; conversant in Hindi, Malayalam and Tamil.
- Good working knowledge of standard computer programmes.
AREAS OF EXPOSURE & EXPERTISE
- Conceptualizing and implementing plans/strategies to facilitate smooth execution of projects along with maintenance and repairs carried on board various vessels.
- Can monitor projects with respect to Cost, Resource Deployment, Quality Compliance and Manpower planning to ensure timely execution of laid maintenance guidelines.
- Supervising and over-seeing the various stages of vessel’s construction in the yard.
- Take-over of LNG vessel from yard involved in commissioning sea and gas trails.
- Instrumental in successful clearing of vessel PSC, ISM, SIRE, NAV,MLC audits and Annual survey with all oil majors including CDI inspection on chemical ships.
- Extensive experience in Oil, Chemical & Liquefied Natural Gas shipping.
Ship / Vessel operations
- Effective collabration with Port & Terminal for quick turn around and earned appreciation from charterers for creating win win situation for all.
- Monitoring vessel’s operations to assess efficiency & optimize where ever possible.
- Effective budget control and judicious expenditure to ensure cost performance.
- Planning, budgeting and supervision of dry-docking& maintenance of vessel.
- Overseeing maintenance operations & scheduling corrective /preventative maintenance.
- Manage and supervise shipboard technicians, surveyors and third party contractors.
- Implement safety systems & procedure for minimizing occupational hazards, pollution prevention & protection of Marine environment.
- Create awareness about safety among crew & officers through their active involvement with various case studies, training programs and Technical circulars floated within the company.
- Internal Audit and vetting inspection for the vessel whereby all operational aspects are tested and verified for compliance with the company/maker’s requirement.
- Being an integral part of the Shipboard Management Team, play an active role in the implementation and compliance of the integrated management system.
- Review of processes and procedures being followed to further and continuously improve by identifying the critical tasks involved.
- Formulating systems and procedures, ensuring and enhancing smooth Vessel/business operations.
- Implementing various systems and processes in the organization to ensure smooth, effective and safe business operations including effective use of master’s accounts.
- Devising and planning training programs and discussion forums for the ship board personnel.
- Aligning team members around organizational strategy and values.
- Managing personnel issues of floating staff including crew training, appraisals, health and welfare etc.
Shell International Trading & Shipping Company
- Instrumental in promoting accountability, ownership & sense of belonging among shipboard staff.
- Recognised for exceptional role in delivering from shipyard & consummating maiden voyage of one of the world’s largest LNG tanker.
- Selected into the Nakilat LNG fleet on the basis of consistently high performance in the oil fleet.
- Expertise in handling the ship and con the vessel from Pilot – Berth – Pilot area.
- Handling Operations and Maintenance of Liquefied Natural Gas
- Knowledge of the Cryostar Reliq Plant.
- Full in charge of LNG cargo loading/Discharging operations(More than 70 ops) in different terminals across the world.
- Overall in charge for the deck maintenance of the ship and its equipment.
Dec 2009 – present q-max lng Chief Officer (Q-Max)
Feb 2008 – Dec 2009 lng vessel 2 Officer (Conventional LNG/Q-Max)
Oct 2005 – Nov 2007 oil fleet 2 Officer (VLCC/Afarmax/Product)
Fleet Management Pvt.Ltd
Apr 2004 – Nov 2004 CHEMICAL TANKER 2 Officer
Aug 1999 - Oct 2002 CHEMICAL/OIL TANKERS 2/3OFFICER
- Class II Certificate of Competency,2004 Maritime and Coast Guard Agency, United Kingdom.
- Higher National Diploma in Nautical Studies, GCNS, Glasgow, United Kingdom (2003 – 2004)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computer studies, Apple information technology, Chennai, India.1991