• To pursue my career as a successful employee in your esteemed concern which has been my fervent wish, where my skills can be made use to broaden my cognizance and also to work for the growth of the organization
Current designation - Machinery Engineer Sep2012 – Present
• Employer – Keppel Shipyard , Tuas (Singapore). Emp ID – 5042350
• Machinery section safety committee president / Risk assessment member
• Functions & Levels of Responsibility –
In charge for the repair/installation/modification of machinery items of the assigned repair (all types) and conversion (FPSO) ships
Knowledge of ISO, OSHA, NEBOSH and implementation of safety, assessment of risk, rectification of hazards, incident/accident investigation, enforcing and ensuring to comply with the safety regulations, procedures and the safety of personnel and workers.
Machine / Equipment assembly.
Supervision of workers in Safety and Production.
Installation of new equipment and commissioning.
Procurement / Purchasing (ordering/ material take off / purchase requisition/ monitoring of sub contractors / Compilation of work completion and documentation).
Plan, lead and supervise production team to ensure on-time delivery.
Manage and deploy of manpower.
Managing the repair, installation and commissioning within project schedule.
Liaise and coordinate with internal and external parties including vendors, owners and surveyors pertaining to project requirement
Enforce safety with respect to legal requirement and company’s requirement.
Maintenance and Hands on experience on machineries, strong knowledge of pumps and systems, hydraulics, pneumatics.
Major Projects done under – Bumi Armada Berhad, Athenian Tankers, MOL,
Previously working as - Marine Engineer Mar 2008 – Feb 2012
• Certificate of Competency (Designation) - Marine engineering officer class IV;
Issuing Authority - Government of India.
• Employer – Fleet Management Limited, Hongkong. Reference ID – HKG15561.
• Functions & Levels of Responsibility –
Mechanical & Marine Engineering - Routine Maintenance Of Machineries which includes Generators, engines(2stroke and 4stroke),Purifiers, pumps, boilers, Air conditioning, Refrigeration and other miscellaneous marine machineries according to the running hours.
- Management of spares and usage accordingly, raise the requisition of spares in a proper time.
- Supervise in machining, welding, Fitting when required.
- Attend to all emergency situations and rectify as soon as possible.
- Assist Chief engineer as required.
- All the duties will be strictly complied with MARPOL (Prevention Of marine pollution) and SOLAS (Safety Of life at sea).
- (Design and modifications, Preparation of Technical Specification according to the design for placing order of m/c parts, Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports, Confer with other engineers to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information, Maintenance & Repair).
Creating 3D & 2D modeling for various modification purposes using PRO/E wildfire, AutoCAD.
- Electrical, Electronic & Control Engineering (HVAC, Hydraulics, pneumatics).
- Controlling the Operation of Ship and care for persons on board.
•Graduate in Marine engineering, Chidambaram Maritime Chennai. Approved by DG Shipping, India. 62% 1yr (Sep 2007)
•Bachelor of Mechanical engineering,
Of engineering, Madurai.Affliated to Anna University.
70% 4yrs (May 2006)
•Higher Secondary Education, M.C.hr sec. Madurai 83.4% (Apr 2002)
•Secondary School, TVS matriculation. Madurai
72.3% (Apr 2000)
• NEBOSH Safety(UK) – Distinction, Risk management, Pumping systems.
• Medical first aid, Advance firefighting, Proficiency in survival craft & rescue boats, Elementary first aid, Fire prevention and firefighting, Personal survival techniques, Personal& social responsibilities, Tanker familiarization (OIL, CHEMICAL,GAS)
Exposure in Pumps, bearings, engines, auxiliaries and other machineries / equipment.
Types of pump worked -
• Heavy duty centrifugal pumps (for handling crude oil, ballast water) – turbine/steam/electric driven.
• Deep well pumps (for cargo, ballast, sea water lift pump)
• Submerged cargo pumps (for chemicals)
• Auxiliary pumps (various positive displacement pumps and other types used in oil and gas industry).
• Makes – Hyundai, Wartsila Hamworthy, Frank mohn
Capacities – apprx from 2 cu.m per hour to 8000 cu.m per hour at 150mTH.
Knowledge of ISO 9001,14001,ASME standards.
Soft skills - Auto CAD,MS office, Adobe photoshop
• Covanta Madurai operating (p) ltd. Madurai (PowerStation) – 2 Months 2007
• Dredgers, Chennai port. – 2 months
• Chidambaram ship care, Chennai port – 2 months
? Southern railways, ICF Chennai. – 1 Week 2004
? United motor services, Madurai. – 1 Week
• Awarded gold / championship in Tug of war (Telematch – Strength events) – Keppel games 2014
• Awarded gold / bronze medal in dragon boat in 2 diff categories – Keppel games 2014
• Awarded bronze medal in dragon boat – Keppel games2013
• Awarded 2nd position in Telematch event – Keppel games 2012.
• Awarded for the participation in Track event – Keppel games 2012.
• Awarded for the participation in blood donating camp – Keppel shipyard (Tuas).
• Awarded 200 USD for working with safety consciousness in 2010.
• Distinction in NEBOSH Safety certification course (2011).
• Best outgoing sportsman from KLNCE, 2006
• Best physique champion – Tamilnadu inter Engg Sports – 1st place
Mr. Madurai – runner up
Mr. Tamilnadu – 4th place
• Zonal Boxing player.
• Awards received in school for actively participating in dumb charades, rotaract club, Leo club and Sanskrit exam.
• Keppel Games 2013 – Second place in Strong man event , Third place in 4 x 100 track event.
• Nominated for the Global Keppelite Forum 2015.
• Photography, bodybuilding, bike riding, net surfing, playing cards.
• Sports – Boxing, Cricket, Carom, Badminton, Softball, Volleyball and Football.
• Taking tution/coaching classes for school students.