As a recognized leader in the support of private, state, and federal employers it is my hope that you can find a great fit for me within your organization. I feel strongly that your organization can benefit from my strong process-improvement, fiduciary acumen, expert problem solving skills, and ability to communicate persuasively and openly.
2010 to Present Commander – U.S. Coast Guard
• Military Outload Program Manager, Operations and Exercise Lead / Planner, and Deputy Incident Management Team Chief. Serve as Area Operations interim department head.
2009 to 2010 Engineering Tech V – ATG Technology
• 24 HR Watchstander in support of Deputy Commandant for Mission Support Launch Team. Global Logistics support watch.
1997 to 2009 Scheduling & Planning Supervisor – Chrysler Corporation
• Ensure in-process and finished goods are in line with assembly capabilities.
• Responsible for production build and plant production metrics
• Respond to and troubleshoot broadcasting systems disruptions
• Quality systems process, search engine, and yard management lead
• Training and education development systems coordinator
• Six Sigma – Transactional greenbelt training
• Supervised 25 union material support staff and up to 10 salary bargaining unit
• Receipt and fulfillment of material in support of 3 production lines
1982 to 1997 Logistics Manager and Supervisor
• Pep Boys – Distribution and Shipping supervision
• Sunroc Corporation – Light industry material management
• Wartsila Diesel North America – Global material support management
• Lowe's of Dover – Inventory, Fleet, and customer service management
1981 to Present U.S. Coast Guard Reserves.
• 14 years – Lead Petty Officer (Search and Rescue / Port Operations)
• 19 years Commissioned Officer – Secret clearance (Current)
• JFCOM-J7: Executive Officer, Planner, Facilitator, and Trainer. Top Secret clearance
• CG ATLANTIC AREA: Staff Officer, (3-Current & Future Operations, 5-Planning & Exercises, 1-Personnel Division)
2013 to Present Master of Arts in National Security and Strategic Studies, US Naval War College. (Planned graduation date, 2016).
1990 to 1993 Master of Business Administration (MBA), Wilmington University
1984 to 1985 Bachelor of Science, Wilmington University
1981 to 1983 Associate of Applied Science, DE Technical and Community College
Numerous Incident Command System courses: Response Management, Supervision, Command.
2009 to 2009 Project Management certificate, DE State University
USCG Agency representative
Proven coaching, management, and supervisory acumen within diverse and challenging environments. Consistent growth in budgetary responsibility, asset and personnel management, and team building for industry leaders. Coast Guard certified Prevention and Operations professional. Groomed and educated in team building and process improvement. Field experience as a liaison and emergency response coordinator among all levels of local, state, and federal agencies. Establishment of Safety and Training programs for industry leaders. Developed and briefed presentations for senior domestic & international audiences. Excellent interpersonal communication, organizational, and planning skills.
Marine Safety Qualification (Pollution response and Inspections)
Boat Forces Qualification (Small Boat Handling and Watch responsibilities)
• Managed $16M budget, 287 personnel, and supervision in
excess of 86 personnel
• Facilitated, planned, instructed, and created presentations for both civilian industry and military partners both domestically & overseas
• Developed orientation and safety training for several industry leaders
• Supervisory experience and management coordination at all levels
INCIDENT COMMAND SYSTEMS (ICS) Courses:
620: Area Command, 410: Incident Commander, 339: Division/Group Supervisor, 300: Intermediate ICS, 341: Incident Response Planning, 351: Logistics and Finance, 400: Advanced ICS, 775: Emergency Operations Center Management/OPS. 402: Provisional Liaison Officer 2, (03-05 SEP14 course), CERTIFIED: CG Agency representative and Incident Commander 4.
JOINT MILITARY Courses:
Theatre Security and Decision Making – Joint Staff College Norfolk, VA
Exercise Readiness course (Facilitator) – Suffolk, VA
Information Management; Organization and Command relationships (Facilitator) – Kyiv Ukraine and Warsaw Poland Military Academies
Remote Site Manager – Joint Forces Command – Suffolk, VA
Joint Operational and Execution Systems – FT Eustis, VA
Joint Operations Planning Exercise course – Joint Staff College Norfolk, VA
Homeland Security Planners course - Joint Staff College Norfolk, VA
Joint Multi-national Planners course - Joint Staff College Norfolk, VA
Joint Planning and Operations - Joint Staff College Norfolk, VA