- Corporate / Senior Management
Over two decades of succeeding in management and project development roles within the transportation industry. A proven record of development
success on business units and new projects. Enjoys an international reputation as a stakeholder oriented problem solver of the maritime community.
Qualifications & Skills Sets
* Business Development
* Asset Oversight
* Project Manager
* Lease agreement Management
* Brand Strategy
* Rate Negotiations
* RFP development
* Budget and Forecasting & Record Keeping
* Team Builder
* Managing union labor
* Green field terminal development
* Union contract negotiations
* Stevedore Operations
* Internal/External CSR
* Key Client Management
* Contract/Lease Negotiations
* Facility Security Plans
* Supply Chain Solutions
BUSINESS CONSULTANCY (PRIVATE) 5/2015-Present
United Nations Headquarters, New York, NY Completed Feb 2016
* Authored first white paper analyzing African supply chain opportunities for public/private partnerships.
* Consultation lead strategy to deter wildlife crime with the help of logistics stakeholders.
Venice Bites Food Tours, Venice, Italy, Completed Jan 2015
* Constructed a business plan providing growth strategy advice for an Italian food tour business.
* Created a detailed analysis of the European tourist market and solutions for capital improvements.
Iron Heart Welding & Crane Service, Patterson, NY, Completed Oct 2015
* Authored a business plan for a New York area welding and crane company.
* Offered a structured plan for new business development in fabricating parts for existing cranes.
Ceres Terminals, Brunswick, New Jersey 7/2014 – 5/2015
Manager of Business Development & Operations
* Successfully negotiated contract with auto OEM adding $5M in revenue annually.
* Extended terminal operator contract worth $1.5M annually.
* Lead on all company auto business bids nationwide; key client manager for auto OEMS; coordinated Toyota as a new customer for Ceres.
* Created an all new business unit in Long Beach, CA. adding $2.5M in revenue annually.
* Arranged new high and heavy export business unit worth $300K annually
* On consultation team for NYK’s land bid in Lazaro Cardenas Mexico.
* Developed Ceres brand amongst wood pellet export industry.
* Authored operational/Sales manuals for all types of cargo handled by Ceres.
CERES ATLANTIC, Bayonne, NJ & Red Hook, NY 7/2011 – 7/2014
* Successfully oversaw operational transition during construction of new Bayonne cruise terminal.
* Led the profitable sale of cruise equipment during transition out of Red Hook, Brooklyn terminal.
* Operational lead on Red Hook container terminal bid with NY NJ Port Authority.
* Achieved all operational safety and cost goals set by Ceres senior management.
* Key operational client manager for Royal Caribbean terminal and vessel staff.
* Day-to day negotiator & coordinator with ILA local 1588 (Bayonne) and clerks local.
Ceres Marine Terminals, Port Hueneme, CA 10/2005 – 7/2011
General Manager/Facility Security Officer
* Opened first USWC terminal for Ceres.
* Created the only exclusive terminal management agreement with an OEM for Ceres.
* Improved budget goals in years accountable for all P&L for Port Hueneme operations.
* Reduced damage claim costs year over year; recognized by customer as having the lowest overall rate of damage incidents on the west coast.
* Successfully controlled liability costs in negotiating with Local 46 ILWU union grievance council.
* Lead on new bids in Port Hueneme and all other California ports
* Authored and maintained the facility security plan and C-TPAT.
* ISO auditor for the Port Hueneme facility.
* Established key performance indicators (KPI) for auto operations.
Yusen Terminals, Inc., Los Angeles, CA 6/1997 – 10/2005
* Coordinated union workforce and container logistics.
* Container vessel planner responsible for efficient discharge and loading of container vessels.
* Lead for “peak season” cost reduction team.
* Responsible for on dock rail operations and logistics with BNSF and UP railroads.
* Key client representative for NYK.
NYK LINE (NORTH AMERICA) Inc., Los Angeles, CA 2/1994-6/1997
* Container vessel planner and terminal representative handling planning for all NYK ports on the USWC.
* Executed all customs brokerage duties for NYK vessel in Southern California.
* Key client representative for Toyota.
* Provided oversight on auto operations in Southern California.
* Member of the auto damage prevention council.
* Back up terminal manager for Toyota operations in Long Beach, CA
Manhattan College, Riverdale, NY
Master of Business Administration, Bachelor of Science Dual Degree, summa cum laude, February 2016
California State University, Long Beach, CA
Political Science, 1991
Board Member, Global Action to Prevent War and Armed Conflict, New York, NY, Jan 2013- Dec 2015
Consultant for Permitting and Financing, Bronx Academy for Excellence, Bronx, NY, Jun 2014-Sep 2014
Campaign Manager, David Ramirez for Congress District 30, Los Angeles, CA, Jan 1993-Nov 1994
* Managing for Effectiveness, NYK Line (North America) Inc., December 2013
* PIT Truck Operator Class I and II, Toyota Operator Safety Training Program, December 2012
* General Management Course, General Stevedoring Council, September 2010
* Coastal Trident Marine Training, Center for Asymmetrical Warfare Pt., Magu, CA, January 2009
* Incident Command (ICS-300), United States Coast Guard, April 2007
* “Q” Quality Training, NYK Line (North America) Inc., March 1995
* Stevedoring Services of America Stevedore College May 1998
* Competences in Excel, Power Point, Sales Force and Raisers Edge CRM data bases
License: Waterfront Commission of NY/NJ Pier Superintendent
Memberships: General Stevedoring Council - Europe
Bronxville, New York,