- Corporate / Senior Management
LOGISTICS & SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER
A top-performing results-oriented operations, business, and sales manager with a thorough understanding of logistics complexity and broad-based knowledge of company structure and corporate strategies. Self-driven professional with background in selling specialized products, services, and systems with ability to capture new business opportunities and improve company profitability. Able to translate company vision and mission into strategies that consistently surpass financial and organizational objectives. Proven success in achieving cost, quality, and service goals through application of innovative business approaches. Highly effective in developing, motivating, and leading employees with demonstrated success in oral and written communications at all organizational levels. Adept at collaboration, negotiations, and cultivation of respected and trusted relationships.
Areas of Expertise
- Logistics Operations & Oversight
- High-Level Sales Proficiency
- Strategic Planning & Analysis
- Industry Networking
- Key Account Supervision
- New Business Development
- Team Leadership & Training
- Performance Management
- Sales Volumes
- Cost Reduction
- Revenue Growth
SEA TRADE SHIPPING 2015 – Present
- Coordinate all logistic operations to include container bookings, import and export processes, vessel operations, storage, cargo insurance, inland transportation, and billing. Negotiate with suppliers to include airlines, overseas agents, trucking companies, and custom brokers in reducing transportation costs effectively enhancing company revenue.
- Monitor and report sales volume figures, financial and business transactions and reporting to management at board level about company activity and profitability. Consistently performing to ensure sales targets are hit and the logical aspects are satisfied on day to day basis and strategic level
- Supervise and mentor employees in achieving highest customer service standards and satisfaction.
- Instrumental in procuring new clientele and directly managing largest company accounts. Cultivate positive customer relations, coordinate client financing, and deliver final approval on all sales.
- Oversee supply chain logistics for clients to include warehousing and custom brokerage. Organize all special deliveries, international trucking, special requests, quotes, and customs authority approval.
- Sustain consistent communication with Line, agents, company management, terminal, service providers, and customers regarding product transportation and updates.
- Coordinate inland operations for diverse projects effectively increasing profitability and contributing to process improvements in procurement and operations.
- Point person in preparing documentation resulting in ISO 9001:2008 and AEO licensing. Managed a P+L budget of € 5m.
- Draft and implement contracts aimed at reducing commercial risks. Provide follow-up regarding commercial litigations effectively enhancing recovery process and improving communication with lawyers.
SILK ROUTE SHIPPING January to December 2014
General Manager- agent of wan hai lines, sarjak lines and stolt nielsen
- Essential representative tasked with negotiating with suppliers on cost reductions resulting in net profit growth in 2014. Provide market intelligence to relevant pricing desks and other parties as required.
- Secured and sustained relationships with top level accounts representing 23% of monthly company profit.
- Managed all warehouse performance and processes across group companies, implementing improvements and staff training when necessary. Managed a P+L budget of €20m.
- Focused on revenue and cost items, OPEX budgeting , consistently meeting yearly budget targets as well as for implementing, developing and maintaining company strategy.
- Delivered accurate, reliable financial reporting information to group for consolidation purposes.
- Trained and supervised import department staff in achieving accuracy and adherence to internal standard procedures and Line’s agency manual.
- Established internal import department SOPs, up-to-date information, and follow-up in alignment with documentation department’s guidelines.
- Developed required documentation in procuring ISO 9001:2008 and AEO licensing.
Cristian Lascu Page 2
Professional Experience Continued
- Directed sales resources and developed sales forecasting plan and budget in alignment with overall company objectives and long-term goals. Consistently performing to ensure sales targets are hit and the logical aspects are satisfied on day to day basis and strategic level. Guide direct and telesales activities to “sell” in the right trades/corridors as per the budget
- Reorganized and implemented employee incentive programs aimed at enhancing employee engagement.
- Applied and enforced corporate product and quality guidelines while monitoring performance against established KPIs and budgets, implementing corrective action when required.
- Engaged employees in performance reviews and progressive goal setting.
EISA, Romania- agent of apl and hamburg sud 2012 – 2014
- Instrumental in moving this Romanian carrier from 20 ranking to 11 ranking in 1 ½ years effectively increasing volumes by 200% compared to previous year.
- Formulated and applied sales strategies that efficiently penetrated new and current markets while improving and maintaining existing business plan. Client performance management including profitability & opportunities reviews for Key clients. Ensure effectiveness & efficiency in the sales team including accountability for total cost of sales under scope or responsibility
- Performed market research and explored potential actuality of major customers, trends, and opportunities to cultivate and sustain large-scale customer base.
- Provided timely correspondence in relation to special container rerouting and cargo returns to include documentation piece and money collection.
- Increase customer satisfaction & loyalty
- Actively participating in the marketing strategy.
- Following and meeting the Key Performance Indicators as per the set targets for the sales team (6 people based in Bucharest) in terms of volumes and profitability
- Monitored collection of all outstanding charges and ensured import staff followed up on invoices and other charges incurred according to internal company standard procedures and agreements.
NORECO AGENCIES LIMITED, Romania- agent of csav norasia 2007 – 2012
- Charged with developing CSAV image and brand in Romanian market. Succinctly assisted in moving organization from ABS service with six partners to a stand-alone service in three years and achieving 2 ranking in Romania. Volumes doubled in second year and sustained at same level in following two years.
- Recruited, trained, supervised, and motivated sales staff and team performance.
- Cultivated and retained positive relationships with direct and indirect customers, resulting in customer loyalty.
- Conveyed contract stipulations and proposals in alignment with company policy.
- Managed special deliveries, international trucking, special requests, quotes, and customs approval while maintaining continued correspondence with Line, agents, company management, terminal, service providers, customers, and colleagues.
- Defined trade lanes to be approached in regards to potential development and coordinated collaboration with route managers.
- Performing and reporting the sales plan
- Following the business relationships with existing customers, at the highest level, if needed
- Collaborated with branch managers in determining sea freight team leadership and team members.
ECONOMOU GROUP, Romania- agent of apl, csav and hamburg sud 2004 – 2007
- Tasked with developing all former principles previously represented and creating forwarding piece of agency while establishing excellent connections with other carriers. Achieved in carrying over 8,000 teus per year under forwarding activities that started from zero with turnover of Ron 2M per year.
- Coordinated with Marketing and Sales in executing sales strategy aimed at fulfilling growth objectives.
- Supported Marketing and Sales in creation of target lists and pricing issues.
- Provided bid support for Corporate Tender Management regarding buying rates and consolidation opportunities.
- Delivered oversights of subcontractor, productivity, quality of service, and data performance, initiating and implementing corrective actions as required.
- Led eight-member sales team to include five outside sales agents and three inside sales agents. Organized sales team activities within geographic areas and oversaw progress and performance quality.
INTERNATIONAL FREIGHT TRANSPORT, Romania 2003 – 2004
- As part of International Forwarding Company team with eight branches in USA, tasked with developing IFT offices and company in Romania.
- Provide market intelligence to relevant pricing desks and other parties as required
- Assist in the budget process in terms of volume and freight input is concerned
Established company starting as one-person operation with one-year growth improvements to include eight employees and two offices in Constanta and Bucharest.
- Created and applied business strategy that increased revenue and profitability resulting in ability to sustain accelerated growth at a higher rate than industry average.
- Coordinated and facilitated sales meetings, trade shows, and customer appreciation events both locally and regionally.
- Support the inside sales team and activities
- Coordinate inside sales support functions with outdoor sales
- Guide direct and telesales activities to “sell” in the right trades/corridors as per the budget
EDUCATION & TRAINING
PhD (in progress), Criminal Law, International University, Chisinau, Moldova, ULIM, 2013 – 2017
Cambridge BUSINESS PROGRAMM (IN PROGRESS) 2016-2018
Master in Maritime Law, The Maritime Institute, Constanta, Romania, 2004
Legal Advisor in Criminal & Civil Law, American -Romanian University, Bucharest, Romania, 2001