Manager Material Management
- Purchasing / Specification Manager
PROJECT PLANNING ANAYLST
Experience in Business Development and Brand Merchandise Operations
Combines a broad understanding of administrative management and operational requirements gained through diverse business segments and government employment, industries encompassing big-box retail, consumer goods, communications, aviation, and information management. Recognized for astute business acumen; leverage knowledge of channel management, organizational change, and program development to align business strategies with corporate goals and objectives. Excels in the development of key alliances, business relationships, and client account management; create value-centered cultures, a collaborative effort among employees and cross-functional support elements. Available to travel and relocate.
- Marketing Research / Competitive Analysis
- Strategic and Technical Management
- Project / Product Management
- Promotional Campaigns / Training Instructor
- Merchandise / Operations Management
- Exceptional Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Brand Awareness Implementation
- Business Development / Data Solutions
KELLY SERVICES: EDUCATIONAL STAFFING, Savannah, GA 2015 - present
Substitute Business Education Teacher: Marketing Principles, Business Law, Business and Technology
Introduce students to the basic principles of the business industry, via lectures and projects designed to inspire and engage students in real world marketing experiences; Focus on the core principles of understanding the role of marketing in a global society, identifying and targeting the right customer markets, preparing an effective marketing mix, creating high-impact messages, building a consistent image and maximizing the continued growth of social media.
- Research: Projects include conducting full cycle market research, preparing and presenting market research utilizing technology including various social media and PowerPoint.
- Business Writing: Provide guidance in the research and documentation of sound business plans, including a financial prospectus and staff modeling.
- Effective Communication: Required research and writing to be presented in full business attire before class and guests.
KELLOGG’S, Durham, NC 2005 - 2013
Territory / Merchandising Manager
Built business within an assigned geographical area, a territory consisting of 21 stores, diverse foodservice segments and multiple distribution channels for this global marketer and supplier of breakfast products; as brand champion, build brand recognition and promote the sale of more than 30 name brands.
- Vendor Relations - Developed strong partnerships with distributors and vendors (3rd party vendors and suppliers).
- Business Development - Developed profit driven promotional materials designed to grow brand equity and sales; introduce new product launches, setting up projects, managed risk, implemented project analyses and merchandising initiatives. Established a rapport with decision makers, formed solid, long lasting relationships with key staff and high target consumer accounts.
- Key Account Management - Accountable to clients for on-time product delivery, product quality and product unit cost; managed purchase orders, provided product information, answer questions, respond to special requests, and describe new product features.
WAL-MART, Charlotte, NC 2003 - 2004
Assistant Store Manager
Responsible for promotional activities, pricing integrity, product rollouts, and merchandising at store level. Implemented strategies to improve customer service, drive store sales, and increase profitability. Proven ability to work on and track multiple projects simultaneously and accommodate the rapid rate of change in the retail industry. Monitored, measured and reported performance based on gross sales, revenue, affirmed work scope, schedules, balanced budgets, customer retention and marketing program targets.
- Interviewed, hired, trained and mentored employees; communicated expectations aligned with internal and external policies, the scope of work (SOW), standard operating procedures (SOP), and regulatory guidance.
- Championed employee recruiting and retention; coached, trained and motivated staff to achieve goals through positive labor relations, incentive programs, and succession planning initiatives.
- Supervised and communicated project details to multiple department managers, store manager and operation support specialists.
CINGULAR WIRELESS, Charlotte, NC 2002 - 2002
Business Account Executive
Utilized marketing analysis skills for new business accounts to determine customer requirements, volume potential, price scheduling, and appropriate discounted rates. Served as a liaison between business sales and marketing in the development of successful tactics, using creative advertising, public relations, direct mail, innovative web, multimedia, experiential marketing and promotions to stimulate sales.
- Served as a liaison between business sales organization and marketing in creating marketing assets and sales collateral and the development of successful tactics; integrated creative advertising, public relations, direct mail, innovative web, multimedia, experiential marketing, and promotions to stimulate sales.
- Developed campaign-management tools (creative briefs, proposal templates, estimate forms, and project-tracking spreadsheets) that improved flow of communication and elevated client satisfaction.
- Delivered customer specific presentations and product demonstrations, strategies directly attributed to increasing sales of voice, data, and internet solutions, Customer Premise Equipment (CPE). Presented solution based portfolios, negotiated high value contracts with c-level executives and closed sales.
OTHER PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
FULTON COUNTY SCHOOLS, Atlanta, GA – Substitute Teacher 2001 - 2002
SPRINT PCS (AIRGATE), Savannah, GA – Small Business Marketing Specialist 1999 - 2001
CELLULAR ONE,(VERISON) Savannah, GA – Account Executive/Retail Trainer 1997 - 1999
FIRST LIBERTY BANK (BB&T), Savannah, GA - Bank Teller 1995 - 1997
AIR FORCE NATIONAL GUARD, Savannah, GA – Information Management Specialist 1995 - 1999
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
PROJECT MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATE, 2015
Georgia Southern University, Division of Continuing Education, Savannah, GA
In the process of completing my PMP / PMI Certification
BACHELOR OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION, Marketing, 2000
Savannah State University, Savannah, GA
CONTINUING EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
Effective Communications & Human Relations | Sales Advantage Training | Leadership Training for Managers
Better Communications | Achieving Extraordinary Customer Service | Leadership for the Future
Managing Professional Growth | Steven Covey’s Principle Centered Leadership
- Collecting and Analysing data 15 years by 2016
- Planning 20 years by 2016
- Contract Proposals and Negotiations 12 years by 2013
- Task Management 15 years by 2016