Snapshot: Exceptionally seasoned & dedicated engineering professional with over 46 years of diversified experience in engineering, commercial, business development, teaching & leadership roles across the organizational hierarchy. Proficient in designing, building, technical supervision, dry-docking, repairing, maintaining warships, submarines & commercial ships, port operations & terminal constructions, offshore support vessels chartering, repairs, upgradations, overhaul of marine diesel engines & turbochargers, teaching naval architecture & marine engineering, steel fabrication & erection, rock and aggregates marine transportation, logistics, procurement, sales & business development. Outstanding record of managing mission-critical projects within time & budget.
- Extensive breadth of experience in maritime engineering, naval architecture, shipbuilding & ship repairs, retrofits, refurbishments, shipping & logistics, business development, procurements
- Setting up a new business, business development, marketing and turn around ROI
- P& L management and strategic planning
- Excellent presentation & communication skills with a command of the English language
- Superior creative and critical thinking abilities
- Handling & marine transportation of rocks and aggregates
- Supply installation & maintenance of hot water & steam systems
- Marine consulting & project sourcing & management
Advanced Consulting & Marine Technology LLC – June 2019 –till date
Director of Business Development
- Work collaboratively with senior management to develop business strategies that are consistent with local needs to maximize margins and increase revenue growth
- Provide direction for responses to Requests for Proposals (RFP’s) on assigned business and ensure the delivery of professional proposals and presentations.
- Develop and implement sales strategies, tactics and campaigns to take advantage of market opportunities on assigned accounts and/or assigned geographic area.
- Build strategic relationships with key contacts within customer organizations
Jomer Marine L.L.C & Danem Energy Oil & Gas–Jan 2018 – June 2019
Group Business Development Manager
Company Brief A leading Engineering, Construction and Project Management Company, operating in Arabian Gulf and the Middle East region. Jomer Marine LLC is the marine arm of the group specializing on marine repairs & offshore engineering. Jomer Marine provides dry-docking services & afloat repairs to ship owners, ship managers, shipyards and ports.
- Explore new business opportunities & expand business with existing customers
- Develop marketing strategies & sales & marketing plan
- Secure jobs/contracts for the ship, rig and jack up repairs and manage their execution
- Secure offshore support vessel charter contracts
MAN Energy Solutions / PrimeServ ME ~Dec 2011 - Sep 2017
Operations Manager – Central Administration & Business Development Manager
Company Brief Multinational engineering group dealing with design, production, after sales service & OEM spares of marine & stationary diesel engines, turbo machinery, gensets, compressors and marine propulsion systems
- Actively involved in the design, planning, construction supervision and setting up of MDT Fujairah offices and diesel engines repair workshop encompassing designing to commissioning and managing the operations after setup. Secured significant sales orders and increased customer base.
- Coordinate activities related to building & outfitting marine workshop including maintenance of services and equipment
- Formulation & administration of service contracts for the workshop, bidding & procurements.
- Optimize resource utilization and implement effective cost control measures for maintaining organizational bottom lines
- Collaborate with the senior management in developing & implementing strategies to cater to sales, marketing and business development activities of the organization for enhancing penetration across the target market segment
Technical Parts FZCO – Bhatia Brothers Group ~ 2010 – 2011
Vice President – Operations (Building Materials Trading & Marine Division) & General Manager (technical services)
Company Brief An organization dealing in stocking, supply and manufacture of lifting & rigging gear, steam and hot water systems, boilers & calories and building materials trading
- Spearheaded team efforts in designing & installation of hot water and steam systems projects for hotels, hospitals and laundries
- Participated in vendor negotiations for ensuring supply of various grades of rock materials for major development projects based on project completion schedules
- Interacted with clients for collating & evaluating requirements and rendering customized solutions. Enhanced client satisfaction by effectively resolving issues and rendering superior quality service
Bin Bandooq Building Materials Trading L.L.C / Dana Marine L.L.C ~ 2009 – 2010
Director – Operations & Business Development
Company Brief A company dealing in trading & transportation of quarry, wadi and desert building materials, Earthworks Contracting & providing ship repair, shipping and logistic services
- Successfully secured high-value Rock & aggregate supply and logistic contracts.
- Involved in identifying opportunities to enhance organizational operations and shift organizational philosophy to integrate departments and programs to function as a strong, cohesive operation
- Developed rapport with key decision makers across existing client/ prospect organizations for effectively closing identified business deals
Ecosoil GCC L.L.C ~ 2008 – 2009
Chief Operating Officer (Shipping, Logistics, business development & Transport)
Company Brief Leading multinational German group specializing in ground improvement, waste management and logistics
- Played key role in setting up & managing entire operations of the shipping, transport and logistics division of the company for supplying rock, aggregate and other building materials based on contractual requirements
- Spearheaded day to day business operations and define business strategies aligned to organizational growth objectives in collaboration with various support teams
- Coordinated with the senior management in implementing business strategy, designing frameworks/structures for major business interactions encompassing monthly business performance reviews and management frameworks
Fujairah Bulk Shipping LLC ~ 2006 –2008
General Manager - Rock & Aggregate production, trucking & logistics, rock and bulk terminal operations, stevedoring, shipping, and rock material exports company
Company Brief A joint venture with Pacific Basin, Hong Kong and Government of Fujairah
- Significantly enhanced organizational gross margins by securing high-value rock & aggregate export orders from across the target market segment
- Coordinated activities related to construction & management of a rock export terminal, stevedoring, tug/barge & bulk carriers chartering & shipping operations
- Focused on marketing & business development and managed commercial activities related to bidding, contract/fixture negotiations & administration, purchasing, fleet operations, port disbursements, stemming bunkers, control of logistic operations for rocks, under layer & aggregates to UAE and Qatar
- Involved in planning & building loading jetties, procurement of stevedoring & material handling, hauling & transporting equipment for setting up a rock export terminal for tug & barge operations
- Maintained regular interaction with quarries and crushers for material supplies, loading, transportations and quality assurance parameters
Al Jazeera Port, Ras Al Khaimah, 2003 to 2006 & Al Hamra Shipping & Ship Maintenance LLC
Operations, Marketing & Business Development Manager
CompanyBrief- Seaport, Shipping and Ship Repair / Maintenance Company
Tug & barge & support vessel repairs, marketing, business development and all commercial functions for the Port and Ship Maintenance Company, sourcing rock materials, securing major rock marine logistic contracts, submitting tenders/quotes, negotiating and securing contracts, chartering, voyage calculations, invoicing, project feasibility studies, monitoring, coordination & management of projects and contracts, preparation of business plans, procurements, publicity and promotions.
- Participated in designing, building & setting up a new seaport and ship repair yard in Ras Al Khaimah including the construction of quays, ship lift and transfer system, refurbishment of floating dock and cargo handling facilities. Established Al Jazeera Port as one of the fastest-growing ports in UAE.
- Secured high-value cargo handling, loading & sea transportation and chartering contracts for over US Dollars 50 million in three years with high margins and profitability.
- Participated in the installation of ship lift & Secured major ship repair and maintenance contracts for over AED 10 million.
- Participated in designing and implementing the ERP system for the port & expanded ship chartering contracts
- Participated in bidding, negotiating and administering major contracts
A.A Turki Group, Dammam – KSA ~ 2000 - 2003
General Manager – ATCO Ports Mgmt & Marine Services 2002 - 2003
Manager Operations, Technical & Business Development – ATCO Marine 2000 - 2002
- Augmented the fleet utilization from 50% to 90% within two years of joining by increasing charter from 6 vessels to 17 vessels
- Secured seven long and eight short-term marine charter contracts worth 30 million US Dollars
- Finalized an order for 9 harbour tugs. Project management & building supervision of a security vessel in a Japanese shipyard and a crew boat in India.
- Built a productive business relationship with key decision-makers across existing client/ prospect organizations for effectively closing identified business deals
- Prepared/ maintained effective business account plans for enterprise large accounts for rendering customized solutions based on specific business requirements
- Managed product portfolio, directed marine operations, implemented & supervised new shipbuilding programs, port operations & addressed major negotiations & refit projects, tender bidding, marine equipment sourcing and purchasing, vessel chartering and contract administration
- Oversaw project management and construction of a security boat built in Japan and one crew utility boat in India, as well as negotiated build contract of nine tugboats
- Supervised major conversions of supply vessels & AHTS to comply with tender requirements of Oil Companies. Coordinated and supervised repairs of company Fleet in Basrec yard,
DEMPO Group of Companies, Goa – India ~ 1994 - 1998
General Manager– Dempo Shipbuilding & Engg Pvt. Ltd
- Organized a complete turnaround of a shutdown shipyard, reorganized operations, implemented marketing and business development strategies, formulated techno-commercial, quality assurance & manufacturing procedures towards improved performance and productivity.
- Built two the jack-up platforms, mini-bulk carriers, and iron ore barges.
- Developed a strategic business plan and carried out a feasibility study for setting up a ship-breaking yard
Indian Navy, India ~ 1973-1994 Commander (retd)
- Officer- in –Charge - Warship Inspections and Trials Authority, 1993 to 1994
- Senior Naval Constructor Overseer - Warship Overseeing Team, 1988 to 1993
- Deputy Director of Naval Design Bureau, 1985 to 1988
- Officer-in- charge and Faculty Member Naval Construction Wing, Dept of Applied Mechanics Indian Institute of Technology, 1982-1985
- Assistant Director Ship Production-Naval Headquarters New Delhi, 1978 to 1979
- Asst Manager Fabrication & Outfitting, Naval Dockyard, Bombay, 1975 to 1978
- As senior Naval Constructor overseer overseeing & building supervision of a new series of 6000 tons guided missile destroyers, corvettes, and fast missile boats at Mazagon Docks
- Project team leader for overseeing the first major refit/major repairs of an aircraft carrier in Cochin Shipyard by coordinating with multiple teams within expected timeline
- Achieved significant project cost reductions through price negotiations, optimized design and building solutions and close technical and cost scrutiny during new building overseeing.
- Designed and coordinated the construction of the first indigenous series of corvettes for the Indian Navy.
- Inspected construction of surface ships of the Indian Navy, conducted tests and trials to verify vessel performance levels, matched expected standards.
- Responsible for Quality Assurance; established maintenance and refit schedules of ships and submarines.
- Planned and executed multiple shipbuilding projects, supervise sea trials and commissioned warships
- Carried out inspections, trails and acquisitions of two minesweepers in Riga Latvia.
- Maintained focus on high quality, resolved technical and quality issues in design and construction promptly, and maintained completion schedules
- Established standard procedures defined quality parameters and instituted computerized project management techniques. Responsible for Warship designs, preparation and approval of drawings, specifications and contract documents, techno-commercial negotiations, project scheduling & management, technology transfer and superintendence.
- Designed and coordinated the construction of the first indigenous series of corvettes for the Indian Navy.
- Carried out concept / preliminary design for future warship projects.
- Planned & Coordinated refits of warships & submarines in Naval Dockyard Mumbai
- Deputed to Latvia twice for delivery acceptance trails of two mine sweepers
Other Previous Assignments
Organization Designation Duration Al Turki Group, Al Khobar – KSA
Indian Institute of Shipbuilding Technology, Goa India
Dockyard Apprentice School, Naval Dockyard, Mumbai
General Manager – Operations & Sales
Part-time faculty member
- MBA, Symbiosis Centre for Distance learning Pune, India (Pursuing)
- Master of Naval Sciences, Admiral Kuznetsov Naval Academy St Petersburg, Russia (1979-1982)
- DIIT Naval Construction, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India (1973-1975)
- Naval Higher Command Course, Staff College Wellington, India (1993)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical), Maulana Azad College of Technology, Bhopal, India (1968-1973)
- Diploma military Interpreter, /Translator Admiral Kuznetsov Naval Academy St Petersburg, Russia (1979-1982)
- Advanced Diploma in the Russian language from School of Foreign Languages New Delhi (1984-85)
- Leadership courses
- Customer relationship management
- Retrofits and upgrades
- Technical seminars on new products, retrofits & upgrades of MAN
- Systems Analysis & Design
- Marine acoustics
- Qualified Interpreter and Translator of Russian/English languages
- Diploma Military Interpretership & Translation Russian/ English from Admiral Kuznetsov Naval Academy, St Petersburg, Russia
- Advanced Diploma in Russian from School of Foreign languages, NewDelhi
- Languages Known : English, Hindi, Russian, Urdu and Arabic
- Nationality : Indian
- Address : Flat No 1703, Tower No A 6, Falcon Towers, Al Rashidiya 2, Ajman UAE
- Passport Details : R8180116 valid till Oct 2027
- Visa Status : Residential work permit in UAE
~ References Available Upon Request ~