- Project Engineering / Project Management
An astute professional with over 29 years of comprehensive & wide spread experience in Shipbuilding, Ship repairing, Contract Management, Technical Management & Manpower Planning. Successfully contributed to 21 Shipbuilding projects and 37 Ship repairing Projects enabling completion on time & within budgets. Acumen in scrutinizing preliminary design of the vessel and its detailed design. Expertise in handling steel fabrication, Hull fabrication etc. Adhere to Class rules and familiar with IACS.
Jan 2015–Till to Date Company: Vedam Consultancy, UAE / CTS Offshore & Marine Pvt Ltd, Iran / UAE
Position: Owner’s Rep-New Build / Senior Technical Superintendent
Project: 187 M. Container Vessel New Building, Class GL / ICS, For Islamic
Republic of Iran Shipping Lines (IRISL), Tehran, Iran.
257 M. Container Ship repair project, ABS Class, Capacity 2325 TEU,
in COSCO (Nantong) Shipyard, China for Horizon Lines, USA.
Offshore supply vessel Hadi 10, Class-ABS, for M/s Hadi H. al-
Hammam Co, Saudi Arabia in Dubai Maritime City Dry dock.
- Inspected Hull Block Fabrication & Assembly in ISOICO Shipbuilding, Bandar Abbas, Iran & handled various Shipbuilding / Ship repair projects in Dubai, UAE.
- Worked as Ship Owner Rep for 257 M Container Ship repair project in COSCO (Nantong) Shipyard, China.
- Was responsible for liaison with the shipyard on all aspects of the repair program and to ensure that the vessel is repaired to the agreed Repair specifications, standards and quality & within Schedule.
2012 - 2014 Company : Bapu’s Shipping Jamnagar Pvt Ltd, Gandhidham; ISO 9001-2008, Certified.
Position : Head Technical ( Ship repair / Shipbuilding)
Project : M V Shree Krishna XV, IRS Class: Operations, Maintenance, Repairing.
M V Success Dignity, M V Success Pride: Maintenance, Repairing.
- Worked as an In-charge for operations, maintenance & repairing of 9 nos. various types of Vessel Oil Tanker, Bulk carrier, Water Barge & Tug including dry docking.
- Undertook NDT reviews like RT, UT, DP, VT, and Pressure/Leak Test of all Piping Systems.
- Coordinated with third Parties like IRS, Client Representatives / Ship management party, Consultants, sub-contractors, vendors, site engineers.
- Worked with sound knowledge of marine regulation SOLAS & MARPOL.
- Ensured compliance with ISM, ISPS and other requirements of the industry.
2011-2012 Company: Timblo Shipyards Pvt Limited, Goa / Ratnagiri, India.
Position: General Manager-Shipbuilding
Project : 106.86 M. 5400 DWT Multi Purpose General Cargo Vessel, Class-GL,
for M/s Bodewes Shipyards B.V, The Netherlands.
- Successfully Handled construction supervision of 106.86 M. 5400 DWT General Cargo Vessel, Class-GL, for M/s Bodewes Shipyards B.V, The Netherlands.
- Efficiently handled floating dry dock Barelang Satu-Operations & Maintenance.
- Efficiently Handled 3 nos. Ships Malder Tug docking, repairing & Un-Docking in Floating Drydock Barelang Satu.
2009-2011 Company: Larsen & Toubro Ltd, Hazira, Surat, India.
Position: Asst. General Manager (Production).
Project: : 3 nos. 143M. 8,000 DWT Multipurpose Heavy lift Semi-submersible
Vessels (Ro-Ro Lo-Lo) for M/s ROLLDOCK B.V, The Netherlands.
1 no. 154M. Heavy Lift Vessel 18,000 DWT for BIGLIFT, Netherlands.
- Successfully Handled construction supervision of Rolldock & Biglift projects.
- Spearheaded efforts with a team of 12 staff (2 Managers & 10 Engineers) & 20 qualified Supervisors & 500 Workmen.
- Liaised with Surveyors, Owners; coordinated Lunching of the vessel.
2008-2009 Company: Bernhard Schulte Shipping (India) Pvt Ltd (Eurasia Shipping), Mumbai.
Position: Project Manager –Shipbuilding (Owner’s Representative).
Project: 2 nos. 73.60 M. Platform Supply Vessel, DP2, Class-DNV, for M/s
Opielok Offshore Carriers, Germany.
- Successfully handled Shipbuilding Contract negotiation & project completion.
- Leading a team of shipbuilding professionals for new construction supervision and project management of two nos. 73.60 M. Platform Supply Vessel, DP2, Class-DNV, at Bharati Shipyard Ltd, for M/s Opielok Offshore Carriers, Germany.
- As Project Manager, was held responsible for liaison with the yard on all aspects of the construction program and to ensure that the vessel is delivered to the agreed specifications, standards and quality.
2002-2008 Company: ABG Shipyard Ltd., Surat, India.
Position: Manager (Hull)
Project:: 7 nos. 53 M. AHT, Class-ABS, for Lamnalco Group, Sharjah.
3 nos. 61 M. AHT, Class DNV, for Maridive Project, Egypt.
- Inspected Steel Hull Block Fabrication & erection.
- Successfully handled Shipbuilding Hull Formation.
1985-2001 Company: Indian Navy (Mumbai) / SBC (Visakhapatnam), India.
Position: CHSWA / Consultant
Project: Submarine: INS Arihant, Various Indian Naval Ships, Coast Guard Ships.
Successfully handled various Naval Shipbuilding / Ship Repair projects.
Education and Qualifications
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, Govt. Engineering, Calcutta, 1981-1984.
- Diploma in Ship Construction & Naval Architecture, Navy Shipwright School, 1985-1987.
- Diploma in Maintenance Management, Annamalai University, 1998-1999.
- BE in Ship construction & Naval Architecture from Indian Navy (Equivalent), 1994-1997.
- B. Tech in Mechanical Engineering, Shridhar University, 2010-2013.
- MRINA : Member of the Royal Institution of Naval Architects, UK, 2013. Membership Number: 00347243.
- MIMarEST : Member of the Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology, Membership Number: 8045388.
- Languages Known : English (Fluent), Hindi and Bengali.
- Computer Proficiency : AutoCAD, MS-Word, MS- Excel, MS Project, SAP.
- Skype id : ranjan-maity
- Notice Period : Short notice / Available