- Purchasing / Specification Manager
Summary of qualifications
- Veteran with strong supervision experience and problem-solving abilities.
- Professional experience as a Business Solutions Representative with strong customer service skills.
- Expertise in building and maintaining rapport with clients and staff while resolving issues in a timely manner to ensure organizational success.
- Expertise in high quality employment services, including recruiting, selection and training of employees.
- Demonstrated expertise in reporting and statistical analysis that led to enhanced agency performance.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
Bachelor of Science in Maritime Administration
Texas A&M University at Galveston
Work Force Solutions Austin, Texas June 2015 to October 2015
Workforce Business Solutions Liaison
- Collaborated with colleagues to assist more than 4,000 job seekers from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds in the greater Austin area in connecting with 29,000 employers.
- Worked closely with career advisor to provide guidance regarding job placement and assures that we are compliance with state, local and private organizations.
- Served as official liaison between employers Human Resources department and the workforce agency, which ensured proper communication and cooperation between departments.
- Coordinated hiring events and workshops with employers, job seekers, and interested agencies seeking employment or employees. Advocated for office space when requested by employer, as needed.
- Provided placement services to job seekers and employers such as skills testing and applicant screening.
- Reviewed resume and state applications to select the best candidates for each of the job postings.
- Maintained and managed resume databases.
- Organized and distributed weekly hiring events schedule to staff.
- Assessed and evaluated the effectiveness of each hiring event through individual interviews with employers.
- Supported staff in drafting and processing correspondence to employers and job seekers.
- Assisted with analyzing the internal staffing needs and training of the agency to enhance team performance.
- Coordinated and managed advertising for recruitment utilizing a variety of strategies including social media, web, and other media outlets for hiring events.
- Delivered high quality employment services to candidates and employers. Increased number of hires from 35 to 139 over a 2 month period.
Nitro Swimming Bee Cave, Texas August 2013 to July 2015
Lead Age Group Coach
- Provided support, feedback and encouragement for swimmers ages 5-18 which resulted in proper techniques and lifesaving skills.
- Monitored 600 students in competitive and non-competitive swimming courses.
- Taught the swimmers different strokes and swimming techniques.
- Advised the swimmers on healthy diet and exercise regimen to increase their performance.
- Provided guidance to swimmers on prospective academic and university swimming program choices.
- Responded to inquiries and concerns from parents/guardians regarding the performance of their child.
United States Army Fort Bragg, North Carolina October 2008 to February 2012
Operation Non-Commission Officer in Charge
Detachment Logistic Operation Manager
- Responsible for the daily administrative operations of the unit and oversaw the accountability of unit personnel.
- Provided guidance to soldiers regarding post-secondary educational benefits, career track, military training school, and any personal matters.
- Assessed and evaluated soldiers’ concerns and personal needs to ensure high unit moral.
- Planned, coordinated, and administered annual training event using a budget of $250,000 for 120 soldiers in preparation for mobilization to Iraq.
- Accountable for highly sensitive equipment worth over $2 million dollars.
- Assisted the Operations Officer with administrative transactions throughout the Battalion, thus enabling the Officer to maintain focus on sustaining mission readiness.
- Processed incoming requests requiring the Colonel’s approval and ensured all mission-essential tasks were performed in accordance with Army standards and regulations.
- Assisted the Intelligent Support Team with the daily intelligence briefing and provided detailed intelligence briefings to the Colonel for communication up the chain of command.
- Managed intelligence collection throughout Iraq province, resulting in over 700 intelligence reports; named the most productive collection team in the region.
- Recorded disciplinary action proceedings and promotional board discussions for Battalion leadership.
- Supervised and counseled soldiers on their daily tasks and equipment maintenance for logistical readiness.
- Deployed to Haiti in support of Operation Unified Response and to Iraq in support of Operation New Dawn.
KeyStaff Austin, Texas January 2008 to June 2008
- Created new business and account partnerships to provide temporary staffing services.
- Recruited candidates from the Internet and conducted interviews for job placement at client locations.
- Organized and attended career fairs to recruit and select new candidates.
- Provided 24/7 assistance to respond to and resolve urgent client requests and business needs.
- Administered pre-employment screening exams to ensure clients received employees with necessary skills for job placement (e.g. computer skills, typing, and drug screening).
- Assessed employees’ performance and clients’ satisfaction with staffing placements.
Staff Management Austin, Texas May 2007 to November 2007
New Business Development Manager
- Created and managed national accounts for Human Resource services and recruited staff for small businesses.
- Managed scheduling and training of new staff members.
- Provided training to managers at client sites on supervision best practices, inventory control, and logistical processes.
- Recruited and processed all new employees and administered all pre-employment screening exams.
- Army Commendation Medal February 29, 2012
- Army Achievement Medal April 04, 2010, April 02, 2011
- Army Good Conduct Medal January 10, 2012
- Army Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal March 10, 2010
- Governor of Texas Certificate of Appreciation May 20, 2000 for service as an Intern in the Office of the Governor
Bachelor of Science
Maritime Administration at Texas A&M University at Galveston2001 - 2014
- Bachelor of Science