obtain a full-time position in Maritime service.
D.B.P. MARITIME LEASING CORP — Makati City, Philippines 2007 - 2009
Ship Operation Manager, 2007 – 2009
Technical Consultant, 2006 - 2007
Promoted to manager position to supervise 18+ staff members and to foster an environment in which employees are motivated to deliver top performance. Selected Contributions:
• Develop, organize and/or set up the technical department of the company.
• Assist in the selection, hiring and training of qualified and key personnel in the technical department.
• Assist company in coordinating with maritime industry authority, bureau of custom and other government or private entities on matters affecting the importation, construction, acquisition, repair, conversion and maintenance of vessels acquired through company’s financing programs.
E.L.D. ENGINEERING WORKS AND MACHINE SHOP — Iligan City, Philippines 1999 - 2006
President and General Manager
Directed 25+ employees and managed sales, inventory, merchandising and cost controls. Maintained high standards in production and safety. Selected Contributions:
• Establish company structure on marketing, strategies, costing for short and long term goals.
• Manage entire shop operations in fabrication, machining, conversion, up-grading, and design.
• Represent company in other industrial customer’s queries for enhancement of productivity.
• Review all section head monthly reports and sign documents pertinent to company’s requirements and transactions.
NORTHERN MINDANAO TRANSPORT CO., INC. — Iligan City, Philippines 1985 - 1999
Maintenance and Engineering Manager, 1995-1999
Port Engineer, 1985-1995
Technical/Marine consultant who administers section heads and other supervisors in proper implementation and strict compliance to company policies/ standards. Manager of 600+ personnel and staff. Selected Contributions:
• Reviews respective functions and relative performance of each staff by evaluating monthly performance report to ensure department profitability and productivity.
• Designs appropriate table of organization and process required additional positions that would complement the work volume of the department. Interviews, recommends and endorse applicants for hiring and promotions.
• Reviews all section’s reports and signs documents pertinent to department’s requirements and company transactions.
NAMEI Polytechnic Institute — Philippines Graduated 1981
B.S. Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering