: Over 9 years of extensive experience in Downstream Logistics. Developed Transportation Services Agreements and Freight Forwarding services for transportation and transshipment of hydrocarbons across the Caspian - Black Sea transshipment corridor.
Was involved in the Azeri Light crude oil export project with total transshipped volume of 12 million tons. The project involved transportation of Azeri export crude oil for oil majors of SOCAR, BP and Exxon.
Developed and direct overall downstream logistics operations for transshipment and transportation of Kazakhi export crude oil under the strategic project with Tengizchevroil, the huge project that involves deliveries of first Kazakhi crude oil into the BTC pipeline system (the Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan pipeline) and the alternative transportation by Rail through Caspian – Black Sea corridor.
Cross Caspian Oil and Gas Logistics LLC
(Joint Venture with State Oil Company of Azerbaijan Republic)
April 2006 - Present
August 2009 – Present, Logistics and Planning Department Manager
April 2006 – July 2009, Logistics Coordinator
• Direct and manage logistics and planning operations in the Tengizchevroil project that involves multimodal transportation of Kazakhi crude oil (Tengiz) through Caspian – Black Sea transshipment corridor.
• Coordinating multimodal transportation (coordination of marine tanker carriage, Rail ways shipments, and transshipment operations via terminals) of hydrocarbons downstream within Caspian - Black Sea transshipment corridor.
• Coordination of loading, dispatch and discharge schedules with Customers and Subcontractors, controlling physical delivery of goods to final destinations within the contractual terms.
• Development of logistical plan for upcoming month shipments based on contractual terms and assessment of real capacities of the corridor.
• Working in close cooperation with customers, Railway authorities, Oil Transshipment Terminals in both Azerbaijan and Georgia to ensure the entire process of logistics chain are maintained and developed in accordance with goals of the business at an economical cost and timeframe.
• Fixing Laycans for marine tanker loadings, control of customs clearance of cargoes, close working with cargo and shipping agencies, preparing of documentary loading instructions.
• Business correspondence with contractual parties on daily operations. Reporting on stocks whereabouts on daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
• Controlling all reports and loading / dispatch schedules to be delivered to consignees in a timely manner. Arranging proper distribution of information and reports from sub-contractors such as agencies, freight forwarding companies to customers and vice versa.
• Developed and implemented Policies and Procedures, which provide guidelines to Logistics and Planning Department employees with regard to operational business processes at the company.
• Developed and trained highly motivated 4-member Logistics team that consistently achieves targeted goals.
• Demurrage claim settlements, reduced third party demurrage claims by $1.5 million during 2 years.
Azertrans Ltd MMC
November 2001 – March 2006
Operations Manager / Senior Expert
• Developed and managed Downstream Logistics operations related to transportation of crude oil and petroleum products on the corridor between Caspian Sea ports of Turkmenistan/Kazakhstan/Azerbaijan and Black Sea Ports of Georgia.
• Coordinated multimodal transportation of hydrocarbons within Caspian – Black Sea Transshipment corridor.
• Arranged proper marine tanker shipment scheduling for Caspian Sea ports, coordinated Rail way dispatches with subcontractors, controlled Black Sea terminals stock accumulations and subsequent marine tankers’ loadings.
• Kept daily correspondence with customers and subcontractors for coordination of volumes required for handling / transportation, nomination of marine tankers intended for loading at Caspian and Black sea ports. Preparation, filing and processing of all necessary transportation documents for customs clearance.
• Kept records and case studies, advised contractual parties on the settlement of any claims arising during transportation of customers’ cargoes at the Corridor.
• Consulted company of any other similar operational matters related to the operations at the Corridor. Participating in the drafting and discussions of transportation services agreements.
• Demurrage claim settlements, reduced third party demurrage claims by $2 million during 3 years.
1993-1998, Azerbaijan State Academy of Physical Culture and Sports Degree: Bachelor
August 2001 – September 2001, Western University: Have completed a 30 hours course on Financial Management, conducted by the training center of the Western University.
November 2004 – February 2005, E-Business School of Ireland: have successfully completed the certified online professional course on “International Trade, Logistics and Customs practice” .
January 2009, International Transport Academy, St. Petersburg (Russia): Have successfully completed the certified professional course on “Transport and Logistics”
April 2009, Enrolled at The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (UK), program of study – Professional Diploma (Level 5) in Logistics and Transport.