Work with a branded marine company overseeing sales and marketing to increase profit lines nationally and internationally. Build and develop a sales team that can carry needed sales and service initiatives. Implement strong marketing and advertising campaigns to create successful public relations. Establish and support short and long-range departmental goals, objectives and policies.
Owner/President, Marine Supplies International, Fort Lauderdale, FL June 1995 to Present
•Oversee every aspect of business; marketing, sales and distribution.
•Sourced untapped marine markets in East Africa, South Africa and United Arab Emirates by providing unlimited access to over 200 US marine manufacturers through a one stop shopping program.
•Increased client sales by expanding different areas of their marine businesses from 125K to over 1.5 million each over the years.
•Within 3 years offered and implemented the sales and shipping of 35ft + sports fishing vessels to areas.
•Created and secured client territories with marine manufacturers from the USA.
•Within 3 months reduced air shipping costs by 25%, by 7 years increased airline freight routes from once a week to three times a week.
•Negotiated favorable contracts with shipping couriers to absorb all consolidating and storage costs of products waiting to be shipped to clients.
International Sales Manager, Adolphus Yacht Exporters, Inc. Dania Beach, FL. May 1994-June 1995
•Oversaw P&L, strategic account planning, sales forecasting, pricing and purchasing.
•Generated superior brand awareness and sales growth in foreign markets by maximizing modest budget of $75k on marketing.
•Business owner died causing close of business.
B. Byers, Page Two
Sales Representative, Cypress Harbor Marine, Inc., Pompano Beach, FL. December 1992- May 1994
•Successfully executed 30 tradeshows yearly in South Florida from start to finish.
•Increased sales 50% of Hydra Sport boats and Angler boats over two years through marketing and tradeshows.
Owner/ President, Marine Export, Inc., Fort Lauderdale, FL. November 1990- December 1992
•Started business with $300 dollars and my fathers’ fax machine.
•Took immediate and decisive action by recruiting international boat brokers after identifying market opportunity for US boats in Europe.
•Averaged 5 boats a month during first quarter of business and increased sales to 20 boats per month over next few months for duration of business.
•Boats averaged 15K to 75K with a net profit margin of 20 percent consistently.
•Sourced boats from through out the United States setting up resources at multiple marinas to keep up with clients demands.
•Accomplished all aspects of business from product purchase to finished delivery in Europe.
•Bulk purchased quarterly freight shipping space for boats to Europe which increased profits by 30 percent.
•Sold monthly access of shipping space to other businesses at a 300% increase.
Tallahassee Community College, Tallahassee, Fl
Florida State University, Tallahassee, Fl
• Own and operate a successful wholesale international marine supply and yacht sales company providing US-manufacturer’s products to foreign markets for the last 15 years.
• Instrumental catalyst in the development and expansion of foreign marine markets both in retail and wholesale through hands on research, marketing and product knowledge.
• Increased all clients’ annual sales over 150% within two years and continually expanded profits through the years.
• Strategic thinker with know-how to position and build brands and knack for developing effective marketing communications that connect with customers.
• Fundamentally sound experience in multiple faucets of the marine industry.
Areas of Expertise
• Account Management • Proactive Marketing Concepts • New Business Development • Internet Marketing • Contract Negotiations • Outsourcing • Operations Management • Customer Needs Assistance • Revenue Growth • Distribution Management • Profit Maximization • Growth Strategies • Exceeding Sales` Quotas • Trade Shows • Joint Ventures/B2B Alliances • Product Knowledge • Foreign Travel