Actively seeking a position involving, but not limited to hydrographic surveying, quality control or superintendence in the Marine Construction or Environmental Remediation industry.
Primary surveying for a variety of dredging projects with skills and responsibilities that include:
- Setup calibration and takedown of survey boats, positioning, office and dredge equipment.
- BD, AD, Daily & Monthly project surveying. Calibration of equipment, collection and processing of data using Hypack, Dredgeview, AutoCAD and MS Office programs.
- Project setup, including physical installation of equipment, channel setup, data transformation, overlay, volume calculation, cross sections and client correspondences.
- Production of project bathymetric and cross profiles for plant placement, productivity maximization, staff decision-making and crew/equipment project planning.
- Working proficiency with most AutoCAD iterations, GPS/positioning and correction systems (DGPS, RTK and tide), Windows and Linux computer systems (hardware and software), peripheral setup and operations, FTP & ship networking.
- Working proficiency with electrical and mechanical systems including: Wiring & soldering, mA sensors (digital and analog), AC/DC I/O modulation, RF/MP enhancement, Data string setup and capture, materials for the marine environment and fabrication of equipment.
- Daily use, setup and maintenance of Single and Multi Beam survey systems. Tuning of systems for project substrate, editing, processing and plotting for managerial determinations.
- Direct responsibility for, or close involvement with, project QC elements for reporting, assessing and cataloging including: Water analysis, process volumes, cycle times and material placement.
- Proficient in vessel operations, nautical rules, marine safety, currents, tides and navigation.
- Self motivated and directed to carry out individual tasks as part of a team. Delegation of tasks and instructions to co-workers in concerted effort. Parlance of information up to management.
- Development of good working relationships with Managers, Captains, Engineers and Operators to maximize plant production and minimize rework.
2003 – Present Project Engineer / Surveyor / Quality Control
Bean Stuyvesant/Bean Environmental, LLC New Orleans, LA
1998 – 2001 U.S. Army
Airborne Calvary / Paratrooper
1992 – 1998 Production Foreman & Q.C. Supervisor
Seneca Foods Prosser, WA
OSHA 40 Hour Safety