- Shoreside Operations
I am a safety and operations executive, with extensive senior management experience spanning over 40 years in all aspects of the industry. Experienced in both domestic and international operations, he holds a track record of hands-on involvement effecting significant change in multiple Port Operations, including Construction and General Industry. Salvatore is an effective, enthusiastic, energetic and motivated team builder. He has won many awards for safety and environmental excellence including the honor of serving as Key note Speaker on the subject of Behavior-Based Safety and Culture Change. Just recently his achievements were published in a leading Gulf Coast journal.
As Corporate HSSE Director for many different companies; I was responsible for all HSSE matters and constantly traveled the country. I evoked culture change while training the work force on safety awareness and near miss reporting. I also trained the work force on proper cargo handling and the true cost of how injuries effect the organization.
In three short years I took one of the companies from 10.46 LTIFR to 0 LTIFR through safety awareness and employee training. I have been nominated to the MACOSH advisory board; I am currently a Board Member at the National Safety Council and Co-Chair of the Environmental Committee at the Port of New Orleans.
Through my career I have led and changed the culture of many organizations in many different areas of Industry.
- Master License Unlimited
- Certified Safety and Health Manager (CSHM)
- Certified Safety Management Professional (CSMP)
- Certified in Port Security (trainer)
- ISO/ISM Internal Auditor
- HazMat Trainer
- Certified Principals of Occupational Safety and Health
- Certified in OSHA Compliance
- Certified Professional Rescuer
- Certified CPR/First Aid/AED Trainer
- Member of National Maritime Safety Association
- Authorized OSHA Maritime Trainer (AOT)
- National Safety Council Board Member
- Co-Chair of the Environmental Committee at the Port of New Orleans
River Ridge, LA,