Highly experience manager with over 10 years of Environment/Health/Safety (EHS) in manufacturing and construction sector. Result- oriented and effective leader with proven ability to revive troubled construction project throughout Asia Region. Ability to proactively identify and resolve problems related to EHS construction/manufacturing and deliver multi million dollar project with incident and accident free man hours which is the success indicator for project delivery. Strengths in:
· Strategic Project Planning
· Project Management Process (PMP)
· Team Leadership and Collaboration
· Strong technical skills and knowledge on construction safety and process/system.
· Strong work ethics, discipline and dedication to the job.
· Ability to juggle multiple projects at a time while meeting or exceeding commitments.
Otis Engineering Center Penang
Electrical Engineer January 1996 – December 1998
Installation of the NEM (New elevator model) prototypes in OECP test tower. Other including Concept design & cost analysis, Code compliance check (EN81), Meeting local regulation laws/codes, Performed process hazard analysis & FMEA, Specification of safety parts, Prototype building and testing, Supervised field deployment throughout Asia region.
Created total drawing package of panel (Pro-Engineer/Auto Cad), Produced installation manual & feedback form, Vendor audit and selection for final production.
Design and development of a safety panel for controllers. This panel allows the field technicians to jump various parts of the elevator safety circuit safely, while taking control of the elevator. This design currently had been deploying to all Asia region countries and an award winner design since more technicians’ life was saved. Thus, reduce the need of using jumper wires (illegal method). Hence, reduce possible accidents/fatal injuries.
Instructor for the OECP safety trainings/workshops and qualified accident/incident investigator for Asia region.
Review the Safety and Environmental Assessment System, and to identify where Otis Engineering Centre Penang stands in terms of EH&S.
Intel Technology Sdn Bhd
Equipment Engineer December 1998 – December1999
Owning and building assembly/test/manufacturing (ATM) equipment team and managing the group deliverables
Responsible for assembly/test/manufacturing (ATM) technology and techniques development as well as implementation
Insuring technology transfer to establish a new assembly/test/manufacturing (ATM) site.
Responsible for constant improvements of assembly/test/manufacturing (ATM) production and associated test technologies: Leading integrative processes and/or projects
Partnering with TD (Technology Development) site to ensure future technologies are designed to optimize High Volume Manufacturing (HVM) needs.
Lead actively in Virtual Factory (VF), VF JET (Joint Engineering Team) and Equipment User Group meetings. Interfacing with engineering organizations from other Intel sites to ensure consistence lesson learn and best known method sharing.
Work with local/international vendors or VF engineering on improvement programs such as excursion prevention, process improvement and process step elimination, machine cycle time and tool performance reliability improvement.
Site safety engineer December 1999 – January 2001
Anticipate and identify global performance trends based on both leading and lagging performance indicators then develop and sell solutions to facilitate improvement
Expand our Progressive Safety Indicator system effectiveness through program ownership and oversight. Key deliverables include program automation and ongoing continuous improvement.
Coach key Sr. Intel management and teach techniques to develop new leaders -- participate in various partnership efforts including Safety Self Assessment administration
Drive continuous improvement / efficiency via ownership / administration of multiple global health and safety guidelines and global safety training systems
Oversee the function of our Corporate recordkeeping practices; co-chair the Global Recordkeeping Council; member of the recordkeeping compliance / audit team
Sustain compliance via leadership and/or participation in the global EHS Assurance (audit) Program
Harness and grow employee safety commitment via timely and effective responses to customer/business partner inquiries and requests
Integrate the emerging Health and Productivity efforts into our global safety strategies and efforts.
Administer the current EHSBI system, and assist in program updates as currently defined.
Develop and lead Asia safety professional competency matrix to ensure continuous growth in their career and increase their knowledge in their core competences.
Senior Project EHS Engineer January 2001 – January 2004
Responsible in developing EHS resources, process, procedure, and system to Intel's emerging markets in Asia Region –e.g. China, Philippines, India and Vietnam.
Responsible for providing complete Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) services for manufacturing site /construction projects in Asia Region. Ensuring all manufacturing site/ construction projects in Asia Region are adequately resourced to provide all EHS services necessary for the safe planning, start up, construction, commissioning and turnover of Base build and Tool Install projects in an effort to maintain World Class EHS Performance.
Responsible to have and maintain knowledge of master design specifications to ensure EHS requirements are included in project designs and processes. This is including ability to read and understand design packages to verify that EHS requirements are met, and negotiate discrepancies to resolution.
Provides assistance to Intel project management teams in development of contracting strategy, GC/CM, trade contractor selection, and provide guidance in identifying EHS performance improvement areas.
Responsible for ensuring that all projects meet minimum EHS requirements mandated in the Construction Management Practices (CMP) manual.
Provide coaching/mentoring to Intel, GC and trade contractor project management on principles of creating an injury-free culture.
Responsible for conducting general EHS training to project personnel and provide appropriate techniques for mitigating hazards to Intel and contractor employees during all aspects of demolition and construction.
Content expert in the area of equipment signoff and tool demolition, commissioning/startup of equipment and systems, establishment of EHS guidelines for co-occupied construction/sustaining areas are all requirements for this position.
Lead cross-functional EHS teams, taskforce focus teams and special projects as needed.
Malaysia Project EHS Manager January 2004 – Present
Provide EHS support to all Malaysia/Asia projects supported by Corporate Service Construction (CSC) and manufacturing factories. Responsible to ensure all projects are adequately staffed and supported to enable world-class results. Manages local Project EHS staffs and is responsible to ensure effective training, guidance and leadership is readily available to the subordinates. Supports CSC management to ensure the safe planning, construction, commissioning and turnover of all projects is completed.
Primary responsibility to oversee construction safety for several large-scale construction projects, ranging in scope from USD$2M high-tech factory retrofits to construction of new USD$1B R&D and manufacturing building in Asia Region.
· Completed 4.2 Million man-hours with injury free in Chengdu – Western of China and successful handover the project from construction to sustaining team. Developed local EHS resources, process, procedures, and systems to sustain the manufacturing factories.
· Developed EHS programming tool-kit to new engineers to ensure right and effective EHS programs implemented for any valve size ($M) of projects. This tool-kit currently been used on other construction project in Asia and Worldwide.
· Transformed some of the complicated constructions project in Asia region to recognition and ranking as one of the best and leading example projects of its type throughout worldwide.
· Developed EHS training packages for National Institutes of Safety and Health (NIOSH) contractor passport program which been deploy to all Multinational Companies (MNC) factories in Penang.
· Was one of the leader to assist Intel Corporation to win Malaysia safety awards for Y2006 where construction safety been one of the outstanding programs commented by the DOSH auditors.
· Developed and sustained EHS construction programs for Asia site e.g. – Malaysia, India, China (Shanghai and Chengdu) and other sites.
· Developed EHS selection criteria for contractor selection in Asia and total of more than 50 contractors from multiple trades been successfully working with Intel and delivering the projects safely.
· Selected as Intel Corporation World Wide for Heroes and legends safety leadership award for Y2004/05. Note – This award is an acknowledgement of my outstanding safety leadership and dedication to creating an injury free environment on my construction sites.
· Developed subordinates and mentor other engineers on the project EHS management related skills.
Linton Institute of Technology (Ipoh, Perak)
BTEC Foundation Certificate
Distinction: Engineering and Science – 1993/1994
Penang Skills Development Center (Penang)
BTEC HND (Associate Degree) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering – 1994/1996
Department of safety and health Malaysia (DOSH) Register safety officer - JKKP IS 127/438/2/1959
HSE and project management
Willing to locate any where and available from 1st Nov 2006 onwards.