- Project Engineering / Project Management
Key Essentials and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for communication with state agencies including scheduling meetings, call for pre-meetings and teleconferences to resolve issues and expedite approval process.
· Submitting Emergency Evacuation Plans and H2S Safety Plans Preparing and submitting Annual Registrations per the applicable state waste and water disposal regulations.
· Conducting regulatory compliance training for personnel in Drilling and Production Operations.
· Informing stakeholders of regulatory and policy changes with a potential to impact US Onshore operations.
· Documenting and communicating submittals and approvals appropriate stakeholders.
· Actively participate in meetings including: HSE, drilling, permit updates, rig moves/scheduling etc.
· Documenting all communications with the applicable State Agencies.
· Representing and participating in industry groups/committees that monitor and/or influence state regulatory efforts.
· Interface between engineering, field, regulatory agencies and contractors to identify and steward operations and results.
· Develop and maintain written processes and procedures for regulatory documentation.
· Preparing and submitting weekly activity reports for drilling and production operations.
· Continuously improve health and safety awareness, management, compliance and statistical safety results
· Involved in the design and development of facilities, work areas, and work procedures and makes HSE recommendations accordingly.
· Assist Training department in the development of training materials; may conduct training.
· Evaluate adequacy of actions taken to correct health and safety inspection violations.
· Review employee safety programs, recommend process and product safety features that will reduce employees' exposure to chemical, physical, and biological work hazards
· Inspect facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure HSE regulation compliance
· Investigate industrial accidents, injuries, or occupational diseases to determine causes and preventive measures and help ensure actions from RCAs and investigations are completed.
· Implement and administer company policies and procedures adhering to local state and federal environmental and HSE regulations.
· Work with construction and/or offshore subsea teams improving and developing HSE work plans, Risk/Hazard assessments, inspections, JSA processes, permit to work processes.
· Onsite coaching of the workforce to improve HSE performance
· Provide HSE training to the site workers as needed on topics such as Site Orientation, Energy Isolation, Lifting and Hoisting, Confined Space Entry, Hazard Communication, Environmental procedures, Spill prevention and control.
· Work Procedures, Working at Heights/Scaffolding.
· Provide HSE coaching to the site leadership and teams and assist the teams with the HSE records and statistics.
· Maintain accurate well operation accident/incident records and prepare reports to management on HSE Performance.
· Review safety training and emergency preparedness of wells team personnel.
· Develop and lead the implementation of HSE rig start up plans for new rigs being bought into the operations.
Participate in Wells related meetings, e.g. Drilling Supervisors meetings and Drilling Contractors and service company meetings.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
Proven experience in Health, Safety, Environmental (HSE) disciplines.
Experience working as Drilling HSE Advisor
Familiarity with applicable industry and government safety, health standards and regulations.
Strong facilitation skills for use in leading team meetings, incident investigations, risk assessments, etc. Good working knowledge of EH&S legislation.
DOT / CSA 2010
First Aid / CPR Certification
• Oversee the daily operations at assigned sites.
• Maintain daily paperwork required for the site and the crew.
• Responsible for planning, budgeting, and directing the construction project.
• Implement and follow through with job instructions provided by the Project Manager.
• Schedule and manage subcontractors and materials delivery.
• Ensure safety and quality control requirements at your sites and with your crew.
• Compile all site-specific closeout documentation for your work effort.
• Provide leadership, guidance and actively train/promote learning to all your crew members.
• Maintain equipment and vehicles in an operational condition at all times.
• Assists Project Manager with bidding jobs and projects.