- HR / Recruitment
Human Resource Management
History of developing and driving high- impact HR programs and initiatives that support robust business performance, greater job satisfaction, and organizational growth. Trusted advisor to top executives, providing HR and business expertise needed to develop and instill positive, productive work environments that support employee morale and growth while advancing organizational goals. Combine strong cost analysis, planning, organization and reporting abilities in tandem with problem resolution, negotiation and relationship- management skills
Hands-on experience in all facets of HR operations— reputable for creating and implementing solutions to resolve issues, optimize key functions, and create incentives to boost performance and corresponding business results. Highly articulate communicator and consensus- builder; recognized as an engaging presenter with the aptitude to align training activities with corporate goals.
Human Resources Administration • Employee Relations • Staffing • Recruiting• On-boarding • Training & Development Strategies • Cost Control• HR Policy & Procedure Audits • Compliance • Compensation & Benefits • Performance Management • Job Descriptions • Contract Negotiations• Collective Bargaining • Team Leadership • On-boarding & Orientations • Immigration Law • Interest & Right Disputes • Terminations & Retirements • HR Audits• Per Diem Administration • HRIS • Payroll
DOVETAIL SYSTEMS, INC., Parsippany, NJ; July 2013 - present
MANAGER, Human Resources
• Spearhead strategy and program management for all aspects of HR organization for a start-up technology provider(software), overseeing 3 member team.
• Create and implement budget($600K); initiates HR“ best practices” with a focus on employee relations, recruiting, compensation/benefits, performance management and compliance with employment laws.
• Develops and ensures adherence to policies and procedures, drafts detailed reporting and analysis to assess various metrics, and introduce programs and tools designed to reward top performers, engage employees, and boost morale and communication.
• Saved $250K+ in potential Form I-9 fines; reduced annual immigration budget $50K by revamping immigration procedures for handling non- immigrate visa applications for software engineers & software developers. Successfully planned, introduced and implemented an integrated global HRIS/ Payroll database. Reduced the company's budget for employee medical benefits by $350K+/year for the 2014-2016 plan year.
Contract Recruiter (August 2012 - June 2013)- Wrote job descriptions, collaborating with the hiring managers and senior executives to ensure that the appropriate skills and qualifications were clearly articulated. Developed strong working relationships with external client managers and internal account managers. Fulfilled all projects within tight timeframes. Selected projects include:
Snelling Professional Services,
Recent assignment- Recruiter (2013). In 2007, engaged for numerous temporary administrative assignments with Atlantic Health System that consequently led to a full-time role.
Handled all talent acquisition initiatives for a National Sales Manager and three( 3) account executives.
Contract Recruiter charged with selecting licensed sales professionals in the Southeast
Region, handling 25+ open requisitions.
ARTECH, Cedar Knolls, NJ; May 2011 - August 2012
MANAGER, HR Operations-
Responsible for the effective management and implementation of company policies pertaining to the hiring of contract and full-time workers for a leading IT staffing organization. Handled the daily operations of the agency's HR department, dedicating efforts to significantly improve the on- boarding process of contract workers for selected assignments as well as for exempt and non-exempt staff members. Ensured that deliverables produced were compliant with government regulations and client requirements.
• Managed all logistics and protocols for employee and contractor orientation seminars. Processed all worker compensation claims.
• Handled employee background checks and drug testing to ensure that all contractors and employees were compliant with client requirements as well as state and federal regulations associated with each position category.
• Served as the key point of contact for Fair Labor Standards Act( FLSA) issues. Prepared all documentation for client and government audits; made certain that all job classification and titles are consistent with the terms of the FLSA.
• Acted as the team lead who trains administrative staff on specialized HR software products, including PeopleSoft as well as the BenAdmin, On- Boarding, Recruitment and Payroll modules. Audits system capabilities for accuracy, integrity, and functionality by performing system testing; analyzes test results and documenting system discrepancies.
• Identified optimal solutions that met the needs of the Human Resources function by recommending process improvements, system enhancements and alternatives based on specific needs.
• Administered all immigration- related matters( i.e., H-1B, TN- 1 and Green Cards), ensuring compliance with federal regulations.
• Managed a team of nine( 9) HR professionals, including eight( 8) employees and one( 1) manager based in India.
ATLANTIC HEALTH SYSTEM,
Overlook Hospital- Summit, NJ; 2007 - May 2011
REPRESENTATIVE( GENERALIST), Human Resources-
Initially recruited to provide vacation relief for HR Senior Generalist, then assigned as Internal Transfer Coordinator at corporate offices and subsequently progressed to full-time role. Scope of responsibility includes departmental reporting, listing job postings, handling EEO and AA plans as well as maintaining updated employee files and managing the employee database. Took on responsibility to audit personnel files, collaborating with managers to formulate departmental policies and procedures. As branding expert, delivered corporate HR presentations, conveying critical requirements for staff. Advised employees in areas spanning Labor Relations, Retirement, Compensation & Benefits, Recruitment and HRIS. Designed, developed and administered the corporate Employee Discount Program and booklet.
• Worked extensively with the Recruitment Department through the transition to an Affirmative Action Employer and the development of behavioral interviewing guides.
• Managed weekly job posting and time-to- fill reports; created job description templates for corporate wide uniformity; developed the questionnaires in applicant tracking system( ATS); key committee member for the selection of a new ATS, RFP.
• Point person for employee relations and interdepartmental training; conducted weekly New Hire Orientations for groups of 20- 50 new employees.
• Provided key tactical support to recruitment & employee relations managers as the lead HR generalist out of a group of six( 6).
• Reduced annual office supply expenses by $6K+ for two( 2) hospitals through cost effective stock control and shipping.
TEMPORARY STAFFING, Snelling Professional Services- Summit, NJ; 2007
Engaged for various temporary administrative assignments before gaining appointment to two( 2) temporary assignments with Atlantic Health that consequently led to a full-time role.
HORIZON LINES, LLC
Kenilworth, NJ; 2005 - 2006
MANAGER, Crewing/HR -
Managed a staff of three( 3) with full ownership of crew management and claims services for company managed/ operated vessels. Oversaw all recruitment activity, implemented a highly effective training and development program and created schedules for 200- member crews to effectively man and operate U.S. Flag MSC T- AGS and MARAD Ready Reserve Force (RRF)ships deployed on global, classified research missions.
• Played instrumental role as sole liaison for vessel crew, OTS associates, union officials and internal departments.
• Negotiated compensation and benefits contracts on behalf of crew members.
• Accurately maintained SafeNet crew management module database and crew files; ensured thorough validation of Federal SecurityClearances for all crew members.
• Reduced annual travel expenses by 25% through early travel bookings and contract renegotiations; reduced turnover rate by 30%.
CROWLEY MARITIME CORPORATION
Secaucus, NJ; 2002 - 2005
Staffed and generated schedules for U.S. Flag Merchant Vessels( containers, tankers and MARAD vessels) commissioned for international trade expeditions.
• Organized rotating shifts and relief schedules for 135- member crews on U.S. Government RRF ships.
• Validated new-hire and incumbent staff authorizations and Federal Security Clearances, ensuring compliance with federal and state labor codes and regulations.
• Promoted to from junior position as the Assistant to the VP of Operations, managing a staff of four( 4) administrative assistants tasked with maintaining the personnel database and files.
William Paterson University, State University of New Jersey
HUMAN RESOURCES/SHRM CERTIFICATION COURSE
Farleigh Dickinson University, Madison, NJ
Windows and Apple platforms
MS Office, Oracle, PeopleSoft 9.1, ADP, Paycom, Ceridian, ABS SafeNet, Success Factors, SalesForce, Vignette, Report Xpress, Hodes iQ, Taleo, Brass Ring, Internal Consolidation Program, Adobe CS 5.5