To take responsibility of all operational issues
Summary of Experience:
• 15 months as Head of Operations and Delivery in a Ship & Offshore Design department of a leading Engineering Service provider in Hyderabad, India.
• 7 years as Head of Operations and Delivery of an Off-shore Software Development Center for American Bureau of Shipping
• Highly experienced marine domain consultant in marine software design, development , deployment , Training & customer support
• Chief Engineer for various international shipping companies with a total of 19 years of experience as a Marine Engineer
Present position: General Manager (from 20th August 2007 till date, Infotech Enterprises Ltd. Hyderabad)
Roles and responsibility
Responsible for all operational and delivery functions for the Marine Department.
Type of projects undertaken from August 2007 till date for US and European clients :
Detail Engineering from Class Drawings
System designs as per clients’ requirements.
Design and FE analysis of various structural members of Jack Ups, Semisubmersibles etc.
Basic design for a vessel (suction dredger)
Maritime Software Development Experience from 1999 to 2007: (with ABS Infolink projects)
About ABS InfoLink:
ABS InfoLink Inc. was the software division of the American Bureau of Shipping at Houston, USA. and was responsible for software development and support for the software products of ABS Nautical Systems LLC., the ABS Group and the Bureau. The Offshore Software Development was started with DPS India in 1999 and then moved to Mindteck India and later to Vision Comptech Ltd.
Service summary with ABS Infolink’s offshore software projects:
30th June 1999 to 31st May 2000: DPS India Private Limited, Kolkata.
1st June 2000 to 31st October 2002: Mindteck India Limited, Kolkata
1st November 2002 till date: Vision Comptech Ltd. Kolkata (Earlier known as Vision Comptech Integrators Ltd).
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Joined ABS Infolink’s Offshore Development Center as the Subject Matter Expert (Marine Domain Consultant) to serve the ABS software Projects.
• Was given the responsibility to head the development center as Principal Manager (in Mindteck India) and Center Head (in Vision Comptech). Primary functions as head of operations were product delivery, resource management, general administration, customer billing, HR and quality.
• While in Mindteck, in 2002 was in charge of building a CAD based ship modeling &design team to serve ABS’ requirements. This team in course of time grew in size and moved to Vision Comptech (renamed to Axsys Technologies).
• Was directly involved in building up a 75-seat fully functional software development center from bare structure in Kolkata , India which is being used as the Offshore Development Center for ABS InfoLink’s software team.
• Trained the development teams in understanding the marine domain in detail and the relevant data involved. Went through the entire development processes to the final testing phases and subsequent releases..
• Was the Head of Quality Department during ISO 9001-2000 certification, responsible for ensuring successful implementation and then completion of the first surveillance Audit. Being a certified ISO Internal Auditor took the responsibility to train selected persons from the development teams to conduct internal audits.
• From early 2006 took charge as the sole Software Consultant, Customer Training and Support representative in India for ABS Nautical Systems’ NS 5 software. The job includes training, installation of software in Customers’ offices and on board ships, handling customer queries, and preparing databases
• In the last mentioned role besides looking after the clients in India , was given the responsibility to provide training and support by visiting customers’ offices and/or ships in the US , Singapore , Nigeria and Indonesia as and when required
Marine Engineer Officer Class 1
MEO Class 1 Certificate of Competency
Learned French for 2 ½ years from Alliance Française de Calcutta from 1975 to 1978.