Head of HSE (Oil and Gas)
- Corporate / Senior Management
Experienced HSE Professional
(oil and gas and related industries)
Summary of qualifications
Experienced and all-round Health, Safety, Environment, and Quality (HSEQ) professional, with focus on HSE management systems and practices, business processes, quality assurance and regulatory compliance in international oil and gas and related industries. 18 years of industry experience: upstream, downstream, corporate, consultancy.
- MSc & BSc International Land, Water and Environmental Management
- NEBOSH International General Certificate (Occupational Health and Safety)
- Certified Lead Auditor ISO 9001 (LRQA) and Corporate Operational Excellence Auditor (Chevron)
- Incident Investigation/Root Cause Analysis Kelvin TOP-Set, 5-why/why-tree (Chevron)
- Qualified Facilitator Environment, Social and Health Impact Assessment (Chevron)
- Operations and Major Capital Project experience (US$ 50MM-10B expenditure)
- European HSE technical, managerial and regulatory/permitting experience (UK and Netherlands), International HSE and regulatory experience (US, East Asia, Middle East, South Africa)
- Experience with EPIC (Engineering, Procurement, Installation and Commissioning) projects, electrical installations, shipping/FPSOs, drilling rigs and drill ships, ship yards, fabrication yards, foundries, forgeries, process and storage terminals. In possession of valid BOSIET/HUET training.
- HSE performance monitoring (incl. KPI setting) and reporting
- Risk studies, incl (I)HAZID, ENVID, HAZOP
- Property transfer (HSE/risk aspects), due diligence assessments
- Supervision and coaching/training of HSE, QA, Operations, Projects, Engineering, Drilling & Completion professionals on HSE, Contractor HSE and regulatory matters
- Interaction with key internal (staff and top management) and external stakeholders (authorities, industry, NGOs)
- Diversity aware, team player, ‘Doing Thinker’-green red personality (EquilibriaE-Colors)
2016 – present
Senior HSE Engineer (Head of HSE)
Qatar Petroleum, Dukhan, Qatar
2014 – 2016
Operational Excellence Advisor (Corporate OE/HSE Auditor)
Chevron USA Inc; Corporate Health, Environment, and Safety (HES), OE Assurance Group (OEAG), Bellaire/Houston, TX, USA.
2011 – 2014
Lead Environmental Specialist and Contractor HSE Management Advisor
Chevron Exploration & Production Netherlands B.V. (CEPN), HSE Department, Voorburg, the Netherlands
2007 – 2011
Bluewater Energy Services B.V., HSEQ Department, Hoofddorp, the Netherlands.
2000 – 2006
Royal HaskoningDHV, Division Environment, Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
Long-term consultancy assignment
HSE Management System Consultant (2002 - 2004)
Shell International Exploration & Production B.V./ Sakhalin Energy Investment Company Ltd., Sakhalin II Project, Rijswijk, the Netherlands.
1998 - 2000
Specialist Hydrology and Environmental Management
Arcadis Netherlands, Consulting Engineers, Den Bosch, the Netherlands.
Long-term consultancy assignment
Environmental Advisor (1999)
DSM Chemicals, Department of OHS&E, Geleen, the Netherlands.
1993 – 1997
Master of Science. Land, Water and Environmental Management
Wageningen University, the Netherlands
1989 – 1993
Bachelor of Science. , Water and Environmental Management
VanHall Larenstein University, Velp, the Netherlands
Dutch: mother tongue
French: reasonably fair