To work in a shore based organization, which can benefit from my qualification and experience as well as give me the opportunity to learn and grow.
1. 2006- till now Second Officer (Officer of the Watch) with A.P.Moller Maersk, Copenhagen. Specialized in fourth generation huge Container ships, with lot of knowledge on ship handling, stability, cargo stowage and segregation. It also gave me an insight of the safety aspects of dangerous cargo handling. As a Second Officer I also acted as the vessel’s safety officer which helped me have a better perspective of the safety management system. This role has also helped me develop strong leadership and management skills while working with sub ordinates from multi cultural back ground.
2. 2003-2006 Third Officer (Officer of the Watch) with A.P.Moller Maersk, Copenhagen. During this period I was in-charge of all life saving and fire fighting equipment onboard. I gained lot of insight knowledge about safety aspects of a ship.
3. 1999-2003 Deck Cadet with A.P.Moller Maersk, Copenhagen
All the above roles required working in a multi cultural environment and excellent communication and computer skills along with strict regulations for Health, safety and Environmental policies.
1. Diploma in Nautical Studies from Singapore Polytechnic, Year 2002 -2003
2. Valid Certificates for Medical Care on board ship, Navigation Control, Electronic Navigation System, Shipboard Training and Assessment, Advanced Fire Fighting, Personal Safety and Social Responsibility, Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats and Dangerous cargo Endorsement.
3. Class 3 Certificate of Competency for Deck Officer from Maritime and Port Authority, Singapore, Year 2003
4. Class 2 Certificate of Competency for Deck Officer from Maritime & Port Authority, Singapore, Year 2007
5. Currently Pursuing Class 1 Certificate of Competency for Deck Officer at Maritime & Port Authority, Singapore.
I possess excellent communication skills, PR skills and good sense of humor.
Good proficeincy in English with basic computer knowledge.