Financial Manager & Chief Accountant
- Project Engineering / Project Management
I am a versatile corporate finance and accounting professional with over 12 years of experience in the shipping industry. I am a Certified Public Accountant with an expertise in the application of US GAAP and IFRS in capital intensive companies.
I am a result driven individual determined to succeed and focused on improving results, processes and procedures with attention to detail. As a problem solver by nature, I seek to take charge in challenging situations. My passion for shipping derives from the opportunities it provides to work in an international environment and operate both independently and in multifaceted teams. Overall, I am a dedicated professional with a determined, persistent and positive attitude.
• Headed the financial reporting team and accounting department in two US IPO’s.
• Extensive experience of the accounting treatment of M&A transactions in the shipping industry.
• Preparation of business models, PPA reports and participation in various shipping projects.
• Prepared the financial statements for US listed companies and responsible for the audit of those financial statements for 38 consecutive quarters without any issues.
• Establishment and implementation of internal controls over financial reporting in accordance with the criteria set by the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO).
• Preparation of extensive management reports for US owners as third party technical managers.
• Effective dealings with financial institutions to negotiate loan arrangements.
• Spearhead and coordinated the implementation of ERP software which is instrumental in modern enterprises.