- Vessel Operations
Summary of Qualifications
Recent credentialed merchant mariner with almost 19 years of shipyard experience. Highly-motivated, safety-minded and quick-learner eager for the opportunity as an ordinary seaman.
4/17 –Present BAE Systems
Jacksonville, FL Mayport
Environmental Technician II Monitor and maintain environmental programs for compliance with applicable local, state, and federal regulations at BAE Systems Naval Station Mayport facility and piers. Act as the Environmental Point of Contact with Southeast Regional Maintenance Center (SERMC) and subcontractors for company and subcontractor compliance with Standard Items required at Naval Station Mayport, applicable to environmental requirements supporting ship repair activities.
08/2014 – 06/2016 North Florida Shipyards, Inc. Jacksonville, FL
Environment Safety & Health Technician/Shipyard Competent Person
Conduct gas free inspections of confined and enclosed spaces. Inspect and certifying
Spaces for hot work operations.
10/98 – 06/14 BAE Systems
(Formerly Atlantic Marine, Inc.) Jacksonville, FL
Safety Technician III/Pumper/Shipyard Competent Person
Conducted gas free inspections. Inspected and certified spaces for hot work operations.
Opened and closed tanks. Set up ships, pumped down banks, and read ship stability. Set
Up and accomplished checkpoints.
Certifications, Credentials, & Professional Courses
- Basic Safety Training - STWC
- DOT Transportation & Handling of Hazardous Materials – HM126
- Fire Watch Training
- Forklift Operator Permit (Gas Lift, Propane Lift)
- High Reach Operator Permit (Gas Lift, Propane Lift, High Reach)
- Merchant Mariner Credential
- Merchant Mariner Medical Certificate
- OSHA 10-Hour Maritime: Shipyard Employment (Course #7615)
- OSHAS 18001
- OSHA Hazardous Waste Safety for the General Site Worker
- Permit Authorizing Individual
- Shipyard Competent Person Course
- TWIC Card
- Vessel Personnel with Designated Security Duties
- WAF/Tag Out
- Computer Literate
- Spill Response Team