- Shipboard Officer / Personnel / Crew
Resume of: Brandon Valentine
Address: 400 Acorn Grove Ln, Chesapeake VA Email: Bemail@example.com Phone Number: (757-576-3051)
- Valid Passport
- Valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
- Valid Merchant Mariner Credential Endorsements (MMC)
- Valid OSHA 10-hour training certificate
- Valid CPR Certificate from the (American Heart Association)
- Forklift Operator training certificate
- Overhead Crane Operator training certificate
- Fire Watch training certificate (NFPA Standard and NAVSEA Standard)
- DOT HAZMAT training certificate
- Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel experienced
City of Suffolk Suffolk, VA
Public Water Service Technician April 2017 to Current
- Knowledge of the physical layout of the City and the department's water distribution and collection lines.
- Locates and inspects meters and water lines and taps for source of reported leaks and/or water loss; investigates reports of illegal water taps; investigates high consumption.
- Perform plumbing and mechanical maintenance as applied to water distribution and collection systems.
- Responds to customer complaints or inquiries, explaining departmental rules, regulations and procedures, and seeking to resolve disputes; notifies customers of problems with account payments, and/or of impending action to terminate services for non-payment of utility bills.
- Installs and changes out meters as necessary.
- Prepares work reports; delivers materials to job sites.
Arbon Equipment Chesapeake, VA
Service Technician January 2013 to February 2017
- Serviced systems for air handling, hydraulic, electrical, mechanical dock levelers.
- Diagnose and repair most loading dock levelers, and other equipment including: electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and welding.
- Followed a routine maintenance checklist.
- Referred to blueprints, repair manuals and parts catalogs to diagnose and repair equipment.
- Installed machinery, equipment and new and replacement parts.
- Participate in customer meetings when required
(via phone, E-MAIL or customer site)
- Perform machine inspections and prepare detailed report along with recommended spares
- 2010 Oscar Smith High Chesapeake, VA
- Valley Technical Vocational School Fishersville VA
- High School Diploma
- Volunteers at Oak Grove United Methodist Church
- Ability to adapt to a variety of schedules and hours
- Willing to travel or relocate if necessary
- Overhead Crane 2 years by 2018
- • Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel 6 years by 2018
- FORKLIFT 4 years by 2017
- DISASSEMBLY 3 years by 2015
- Customer Service 6 years by 2018
- Troubleshooting 6 years by 2018
- Data Entry 3 years by 2018
- Materials Management 1 years by 2017
- MACHINIST 4 years by 2017
Service Technician II at Arbon Equipment
2013 January - Feb 2017Responsibility of repairing components of overhead doors and openers. Monthly visits to previous customers for (PM) maintenance and questions or upgrades.
Public Water Service Technician at City of Suffolk
Apr 2017Skilled operation of various types of construction equipment, specialized hand and power tools, to include plumbing tools, utilized in the installation, maintenance and repair of water meters of various sizes, fire hydrants, water mains and other appurtenances related to the potable water distribution
High School Diploma
N/A at Oscar Smith High2009 - 2012
- High School Diploma
- Merchant Mariner Credential Dec 2017
- DOT Hazard Certificate Training Card Sep 2017
- Passport Dec 2016
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) Sep 2016
- Overhead Crane Operator Qualification Card
- OSHA 10-hour Maritime Shipyard Certificate Card
- Vessel Personal With Designated Security Duties (VPDSD)
- Fire Watch Training Card (NFPA and NAVSEA Standard)