This letter and resume are for your consideration for the position of Supply Utilityman, that I believe will fully utilize my professional skills and personal abilities. I prefer opportunities for growth and advancement based upon team work, individual merit and capability. My background reflects extensive experience in, but is not limited to the following areas of proficiency.
Food Handling, Food Preparation, Serving Meals, Busing Tables
Cleaning and Comprehensive Maintenance of Staterooms, Bathrooms,Passageways, and Common Boat Areas
Obtained Vast Knowledge/Practical Experience of General Housekeeping, Janitorial and Cleaning Services
Obtained Vast Knowledge/Practical Experience of Basic Receipt, Stow, Issue/Breakout, Inventory Control/Processing for Subsistence Items and Stock Materials
Computer Operations - Windows OS, Mac OS, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook
San Diego Union Tribune, San Diego, California 1988 - 2011
Platemaker Performed a diverse range of responsibilities to include, but not limited to: orchestrating and scheduling staff of four on all general daily maintenance functions; planning and coordinating all staff nightly accountabilities directed from department supervisor while ensuring spotless departmental operations; personally collected all dirt/grime on printing plates within printing process, of which would have resulted in thousands of tossed newspapers; all of which resulting in highly efficient and smooth flowing platemaker operations.
• Prepared ordering reports for necessary departmental supplies, and arranged for repairs on extremely sophisticated diagnostic equipment, subsequently communicating concerns to production maintenance.
• Worked closely with staff promoting team work and effective waste reduction policies through highly effective delegation methods and efficient prioritization of workloads.
• Acquired broad knowledge and practical experience as a platemaker entailing a career spanning over 20 years, and 5 years as a lead-man.
La Vache, San Diego, California 2007 - 2010
Busboy / Dishwasher
• Responsibilities encompassed: busing tables, moping floors, washing dishes, high-profile food preparation, and assisting with delivery of daily provisions, while ensuring particular foods were properly cared for, such as meat, seafood, poultry, cooked plant-food, baked potatoes or pasta in temperatures from 41 to 135 degrees. Maintained high-level cleanliness and sanitation procedures to include consistently washing hands prior to starting food preparation; if experienced any cuts would effectively wear disposable latex gloves.
PAUL RICHARD MORIN
• Utilized equipment such as slicers and blenders, additionally assembled and disassembled at day end; when slicer was used for raw meat purposes, subsequently consistently cleaned and sanitized before reuse on other products. Every fifteen minutes bathrooms were checked and cleaned, primarily door knobs, and bathroom logs were needed to be checked off.
• Initial daily food preparation consisted of mixing bread, pastry dough, filleting fish, scrubbing and peeling vegetables. Personally washed raw produce before preparation, defrosted frozen meats, fish and dairy products utilizing the following methods – refrigeration, microwave, or under cold running water. Provided ongoing clean plates for buffet line throughout every trip.
"Alicia" 46’ 22 Gross Tons, San Diego, California 1972 - 1974
Lou & Sandra Grivetto - Owners / Captains
• Greeted passengers and logged in names on manifest.
• Stocked bait from bait barge using scoop nets; secured and cast off lines, and stood 2 to 4 hour deck and/or wheel watches in United States and Mexican waters looking for potential obstructions in boat's path.
• Cleaned and filleted fish while underway avoiding contamination.
• Performed scheduled vessel maintenance, cared for tools, equipment, and performed general housekeeping functions.
• Washed down decks removing oil, dirt and debris using brooms, mops, brushes, buckets and hoses, and cleaned the head.
• Maintained daily routine throughout difficulties at-sea circumstances saving significant monies on behalf of owners, resulting from no downtime, increased charter days, deceased overhead and increased profitability.
San Diego City College, San Diego, California 92101
Photography Major / Units Earned - 37.5 1971 - 1972
Intro to Political Science 3 Units Earned - 3 1976
Merchant Mariner Credential ( MMC ), Standards of Training, Certification And Watchkeeping ( STCW-95 )
Transportation Worker Identification Credential ( TWIC )
I have also developed the ability to establish and maintain communications and rapport with fellow staff, clients, and management. These are all combined with a comprehensive culinary and deckhand education.
My demonstrated abilities and proven track record, along with my ability to work with people from all lifestyles, sometimes under difficult circumstances are skill sets I will bring to the Supply Utilityman capacity.
You will find me a very hard working, loyal, personable, and dedicated individual. My positive personality enables me to maintain effective and efficient performance in a conscientious manner.
In closing, I would like to add, as you can see from my resume, my combined experience as a Deckhand/Busboy (Food and Beverage Industry) provides me with the background to perfectly match the requirements of the Supply Utilityman position. I want to thank you for your time and consideration, and welcome the opportunity to meet with you and further discuss my qualifications in detail.