Project management in Singapoare and China
(A) ENGNINNERING ADMIN TRADING PTE LTD – (2008 – Present) - DIRECTOR
(a) International trading and logistic in China
- Organized and set up procurement and logistic base in China for Australian construction industry.
- Organized and exported of construction heavy equipment to Australian.
- Set up and organized marketing process for manufacturing factories in China.
(b) Civil and construction in Australia
- Provided consultancy to business part development in Australia
- Provide consultancy to equipment renewal and new set up in Australia quarry.
- Provide consultancy to new equipment renewal for construction companies in Australia
(c) Marine construction project
- Organized EPC management group for marine construction projects in China.
- Organized and manage design team for specialized vessel for Malaysia shipyard
- Provide consultancy to specialized vessel building in Malaysia shipyard.
(d) New business development
- Carried out market analysis and survey, set up new business in centralized purchasing agent process.
(B) ENGINEERING SPECIALIST – (2003 – 2008)
(a ) PEOPLES’ REPUBLIC OF CHINA
(i) Trading project
- Carried out brokering process for sourcing and procured of spare parts for heavy vehicles
- Carried out brokering process for acquired of new and used towing tugs
- Carried out brokering process for acquired of new and used offshore working vessels.
- Carried out the process of planning for cargo exportation out of China.
(ii) Engineering and Cargo Survey
- Carried out cargo delivery and insurance surveys
- Carried out shipyard assessment for new building projects
- Carried out unloading operation process for offshore equipments
- Carried out inspection on testing of lifting chains for offshore platforms.
- Carried out repair assessment for insurance claim.
- Carried out barge delivery inspection for insurance process
- Carried out inspection on load in and out process of power plant equipments.
- Carried out planning for the load in out process of power plant equipments.
- Carried out inspection on cargo securing process.
(iii) Shipbuilding / Repair turnkey Project
- Carried out new shipyard development
- Carried out technical support and consultancy to shipbuilding yard.
- Carried out design and construction of offshore barge construction.
- Carried out construction planning for offshore accommodation barge construction.
- Carried out management for the construction of offshore accommodation project.
- Carried out design for 3800dwt multipurpose vessel
- Carried out construction planning for multipurpose vessel under 10,000dwt.
- Carried out management for the construction of offshore supply vessel under 90m
- Carried our management for the construction of anchor handling vessels under 90m
- Carried out production supervision for new construction of ocean going / harbor tugs.
- Carried out new design supervision for the construction of ocean going / harbor tugs.
- Carried out design and planning for the new construction of ocean going / harbor tugs
- Carried out design process supervision for diving support vessel.
- Carried out management for the construction of diving support vessel.
- Carried out design plan approval for 6500dwt oil tankers
- Carried out sea trial and delivery for new 6500dwt oil tankers
- Carried out commissioning for new construction of 6500dwt and 9000dwt oil tankers
- Carried out production supervision for new construction of 6500dwt and 9000dwt oil tankers.
- Carried out design planning for new construction of 6500dwt and 9000dwt oil tankers.
- Carried out yard development for new construction of 6500dwt and 9000dwt oil tankers.
- Carried out design and construction of product tanker under 5000dwt
- Carried out design and construction of chemical tanker of 3600dwt
- Carried out technical support for the construction of liquefied tanker
- Carried out front end project evaluation project for international project in China.
- Carried out supervision on design engineers for ship design projects.
- Carried out evaluation and provided consultancy to Enterprise Resources Program (E.R.P).
- Carried out kick start and first phase management of power barge and Heavy Lifting Vessel.
- Carried out Front end evaluation on international marine construction project.
- Carried out technical sourcing of design products.
- Carried out interpretation and translation on technical specifications.
- Carried out the work of writting projects' technical specification.
- Carried out Procurement of equipment in both international and Chinese local market.
- Carried out training to Chinese fresh graduate.
- Carried out sourcing of engineering products for Singaporean in China.
- Carried out planning of Letter of Credit for international Marine Construction Projects.
(b) UNITED ARAB OF EMIRATES
- Carried out model tank testing in China for diving support vessel.
- Carried out project management in technical design of diving support vessels.
- Carried out planning and coordinate with shipyard in U.A.E for vessels’ construction.
- Carried out production supervision for new construction of offshore diving support vessel.
- Carried out the management and controlling of the engineering department.
- Carried out engineering design and review on both the turnkey and new construction project.
- Carried out cost analysis and effectiveness on new projects.
- Carried out budget planning for new projects.
- Carried out procurement planning and sourcing for new projects.
- Carried out documentation processes for project management.
- Carried out mooring analysis and feasible study of offshore engineering project.
(C) AMERCICAN BUREAU OF SHIPPING (1997 – 2002) – ENGINEER / SURVEYOR
(a) CLASSIFICATION AFFAIRS - (SHIP ENGINEERING)
- Carried out review and approval of class requirement on structure design and strength
- Carried out review and approval for vessels’ conversion and
- Carried out review and approval for vessels’ change of class.
- Carried out advisory on engineering matter to consultants, owners and shipyards.
- Carried out the work preparing quotation to vessel new construction and modification.
- Carried out review on contract agreements submitted for new and existing vessel.
(b) CLASSIFICATION AFFAIRS - OFFSHORE ENGINEERING
- Carried out review and approval on Offshore Structures.
- Carried out review and approval on Offshore Structures.
- Carried out Codes Check on General Engineering Design for offshore oil processing.
- Carried out review and approval on Loading In and Out processes.
(c) STATUTORY AFFAIRS
- Carried out the work of freeboard assignment on behalf of Flag Administration and Authorities.
- Carried out Tonnage Admeasurement on behalf of Flag Administration and Authorities.
- Carried out review and approval on Stability for Barges and Vessels.
- Carried out review and approval on Damage Stability.
- Carried out review and approval on SOLAS requirement on behalf of Flag Administration.
- Carried out review and approval on specialized statutory requirement.
- Carried out MODU codes check for offshore structures.
- Carried out review and approval of cargo securing manual
(D) SEMBAWANG MARITIME LTD. (1991-1993) – PROJECT SUPERVISOR
- Prepared and written project specification for contract bidding by external contractor
- Managed project for heavy industry’s turnkey project and marine repairing project.
- Supervised vessel conversion inorder to cater for high sea transportation need.
- Planned and carried out emergency vessel recovery and floating repair for vessel in distress.
- Estimated and evaluated heavy-duty turkey project and marine conversion and repairing.
- Carried out market and development function and commercial negotiator for shipyard.
- Prepared Engineering and ship repair tendering specifications for tendering by contractors.
- Coordinated Safety processes for ship repairing project
(E) KEPPEL SHIPYARD (1980 – 1990) – APPRENTICE / FORMAN
- Performed job pre-repairing inspection and confirmation.
- Carried out project planning in mechanical turnkey and ship-repairing project.
- Supervised in-house worker, troubleshooted and carried out repair on ship system.
- Participated in vessel conversion projects. e.g FPS0, Vessel Mooring System etc.
- Carried out vessels' life long extension repair on machinery system and steel structures.
- Carried out anchorage repair and commissioning on machinery system.
- Carried out out-fitting installation and repair.
- Carried out billing process and commercial activities for ship-repairing projects
- Carried out billing process and commercial activities for construction project.
- Conducted Safety meeting and coordinated Safety processes in ship repairing project.
i. Technical Diploma [Tech.Dip]
- Shipbuilding and Offshore Engineering, Ngee Ann Ploytechnic (Singapore) 1985
ii. City and Guilds Technician Certificate [CGLI.II]
- Electrical Engineering Part II, City and Guilds of London Institute 1987
iii. Bachelor of Engineering with First Class Honor [B.Eng. (1st Class Hon) ],
- Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, University of Glasgow 1996
iv. Master of Science [M.Sc.]
- Offshore Engineering, Herriot Watt University 1997
Project managment / Procurement import and export.