To find a lasting career that ensures stability and benefits so that I can forever be able to provide for my family.
2ND SHIFT SHIPPING SUPERVISOR | CRIDER, INC | APRIL (2009)-DECEMBER (2012)
• As a supervisor for Crider Inc. my duties consisted of overseeing four individuals that all had different job titles but worked as a team in order to get what responsibilities we had done. Those responsibilities were to ensure that we offloaded and loaded all fresh chicken products. Mostly what my job consisted of was making sure each department got what particular product that was ordered for them to run that day in production, whether it was turkey, chicken, or beef I had to be correct in making sure they received their product when needed and providing them with correct kill dates on product, it was always mandatory that older product be ran first. Furthermore the incoming loads had a scheduled time they had to arrive so therefore they had to be offloaded in a timely manner or we could receive detention charges. My line of work for this position required an open mind and straight train of thought, because we would come into situations were we had too much product and no space to put the product and all other resources that we used for an example refrigerated trailers would already be occupied, so I would have to think if ways to minimize and organize the coolers so space for all product was available.
MACHINE OPERATOR | PALLET CRAFT | AUGUST (2005) – FEBUARY (2008)
• My job consisted of pushing a sheet of cardboard through a folder machine in which the machine folds the cardboard and glues it together to form the top and bottom of the cardboard pallet; I had to ensure that the machine was in the correct alignments before placing the sheets of cardboard through it. In addition I had to break down the folding machine and re- adjust settings for different size pallets to be made from cardboard.
SIDE WALL BUILDER | BELL CREST CALVARY | APRIL (2003) – NOVEMBER (2003)
• As a side wall builder I had to build the entire back wall of a mobile home. I had to ensure that the wall was lined up according to the blue prints; furthermore I had to insulate and add sheet rock to wall. Before any mobile home could leave the facility I had to inspect for holes or dents and if found at inspection, I had to replace the damaged portion.
HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA | MAY 2001 | SCREVEN COUNTY HIGH
Skills & Abilities
• In management I was employed as a 2nd shift supervisor at Crider Inc. I supervised four to five people on my shift ensuring they did their job in a safe manner. I was held accountable for making sure all fresh chicken loads scheduled for a particular day was offloaded and placed in the proper department for production.
• I work well with and around all types of people. I strongly believe when you are a supervisor or a manger over any individual you should possess the quality of communication. Communication is the key and if a problem would arise I would expect my employer to come to me first. In my previous positions of employment whether I was the worker or supervisor I have always kept the level of open communication with my supervisor or employees.
• My leadership skills are those of an individual that gets the job done and completed, no matter what circumstances may arise. I am a critical thinker that can think and plan my way out of any problem. I’m a multi-task individual that has the ability and mind to take on more than one job or obstacle. This is what makes me a good leader and a person of interest for any supervisor position I have held.
I'm a very hard worker that don't mind doing what I have to do to provide for my family. Any position that I have held I have did more that what I was hired to do and any employer that I have worked for can vouch and back up what I'm saying. I may not have the experience needed for any position on the port but I sure can learn and is willing to go to any measure's in proving myself.