- Corporate / Senior Management
Accomplished Human Resources Management executive with broad experience in recruitment, scheduling, employee relations, leadership and organizational development initiatives for marine shipboard officers and crew. Trusted, hands-on business partner with an extensive portfolio of accomplishments in operations processes optimization, increased accountability, pre/post-merger cultural changes, tightening cost controls, flawless launching of new vessels marine crew requirements, and diverse union negotiations. Fluent in English, Italian & Spanish. Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Access, Excel, Word, Visio & PowerPoint.
- Organized and managed Marine Human Resources operations for Carnival Cruise fleet comprised of up to 25 ships, with multi-national officers and crew, including:
- USA and country-specific crew regulations and training compliance.
- Established and maintained positive relations with Italian Maritime Union.
- Italian Officers’ pension calculations.
- Wage tables, benefits and service terms planning and implementation.
- Recruiting and scheduling process optimization.
- Managed, documented and monitored Marine Officers & Crew applicable certification processes (COCs / STCW & Others). Ensured compliance with USA, Italy, Panama, Bahamas and Malta certification requirements.
- Worked closely with Monfalcone Border Police (Polizia di Frontiera) on Marine crew documentation requirements to enter / exit Italy during new-ships building projects.
- Managed Officers’ Psychometric Testing process for new hires (Talent+) 2014-2016 and (Schuhfried – Utilia) 2017. Member of Carnival Corporate Governing Body.
- Reached smooth crew rotation through effective recruitment, training and development programs, resulting in numerous promotions, consistent low turnover and ship / shore assignments including:
- 13 Captains, 9 Chief Engineers, and total of 40 Staff Captains & Staff Ch Engineers
- Total Turnover (Retirement / Terminations & Resignations):
- 2012 = 4.8% / 2013 = 7.5% / 2014 = 6.1%
- Ship / shore assignments:
- 60 officers within budget specifications
- Overall personal interviews: 5,400 Officers (2000-2017)
- Created and directed task force to address Italian officers Certificate of Competence (COC) compliance
- Resolved outstanding issues and ensured subsequent documentation fulfillment.
- Opened Carnival Corporation Manning & Recruiting Office in Monaco servicing 23 ships:
- Managed and developed first class operations in Monaco for 11 years.
- Relocated HR operations from Monaco to Miami HQ in 2012.
- Designed, implemented and managed 2 programs (MS Access base) in 2000 for recruiting and managing Officers’ schedules. Programs still in operation as of 2017.
CAPT. RINALDO MAROSSA 2
- Instrumental in acquisition and implementation of NAPA stability program for 6 ships, first ever cruise ship to adopt same.
- Established Carnival Corporation Manning & Recruiting Office in Genoa, Italy 2000.
- Managed overall day to day Marine crew operations from recruitment to Union relations.
- Successfully maintained officers / crew medical assistance (ESA Genoa) budget for last 17 years.
- Achieved $1.5M savings in payroll by re-negotiating pension calculations for Italian Marine Officers.
- Established and managed an officers ship / shore rotation system that maximized cross functional training and prepared officers for promotion.
- Directed multiple high-volume crew assignment projects and consistently delivered positive results.
- Knowledgeable in USA and International Marine crew training standards compliance; maintained records accuracy and documentation for up to 1,500 officers and 3,500 ratings.
- Implemented and managed financial processes that reduced overall marine crewing expenses.
- Aptly leveraged shipboard and shore experience to recruit, hire, lead and develop new officers and crew.
- Created Microsoft Access databases for Officer Manning and Recruiting, still in use.
CARNIVAL CRUISE LINE – Miami, FL / Genoa, Italy & Monaco
Marine Consultant – Miami, FL (Present)
Director, Marine Recruiting – Miami, FL (2016-2017)
Director, Shipboard HR Deck & Engine – Miami, FL (2012 – 2015)
Director, Deck & Engine Recruiting / Monaco (2005 – 2012)
Manager, Marine Recruiting / Monaco (2001 – 2005)
CSCTS MGT (SAM) – Cruise Ships Consulting and Technical Service Management
Société’ Anonyme Monegasque (owned and operated by Carnival Corporation)
District Manager, Carnival Corporation – Genoa, Italy (1999 - 2001)
- Directed and supported Marine HR operations life-cycle for 18 consecutive years.
- Reported to Vice President Operations
EXPERIENCE PRIOR 1999
Deck Officer up to Staff Captain onboard Carnival ships
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
DECK OFFICER - Nautical Academy, San Giorgio, Genoa, Italy
MASTER LICENSE - Italian Coast Guard in Genoa, Italy
Supervisor Interview Analyst Certificate –Talent Plus – Taylor McMaster
Human Capital Strategist Certificate – Human Capital Institute – Ron Thomas
LRQA ISO 9001:2000 Appreciation & Interpretation Course – LRQA training service