- Vessel Operations
I have been associated with the Australasian transport and shipping industry for the past 40 years. He has been exposed to most facets of the logistics industry, including general management, operations, merge and acquisition, ship building, agency, IT Logistics and company directorships. These positions have included assignments involving significant capital raising and other financial arrangements pursuant to growing a business.
Latterly as an Executive Director and company CEO, his work has focussed on management and strategy in a variety of demanding and transformational situations.
Some of the most recent achievements include:
- CONOPS development for a US$10.5 Billion port in Qatar.
- Conceptual design work for 2 load ports - Oceania Nickel project.
- Marine consultant for construction of new handy size South Australian Timber Port.
- Marine Consultant for new Timor Leste cement plant, including MOF wharf design and main wharf (50,000TDWT Vessels)
- Tug Barge commercial operations proposal for Timor Leste Marine Supply Base.
- Mine Management plan input for development for new Australian Iron Ore Mine. Port terminal costs, barge storage, fleet charter, operational SOPs.
- Sourcing, prequalification, arranging finance and legal support to two container vessels for an expanding international fleet.
- Leading a private equity and management team to acquire controlling shares in a private shipping company.
- Participating in negotiations for a major shipping and logistics contract with a resource industry MNC.
- Identification of a new client base consistent with an agreed strategy.
- Managing a Merge &Acquisition team for the acquisition of a competitor.
- Designed strategically focussed planning and performance measurement systems for a workforce of 400 employees.
- Redesigned organisational structures, accountabilities and performance measures for an acquired target (A$8.00million)
- Renewed company policies consistent with new strategy and community changing expectations.
My past international assignments have facilitated strong business relationships with the Asian and Australian resource industry logistics network. This network involved regular interaction with freight forwarders, ship owners/ charterers, ship brokers, financial institutions, insurance companies, legal entities, port operators, government and resource industry principals.
My professional development within BHP (Transport and Minerals) spanned 25 years and subsequent other employers has been considered successful.
I look forward to further challenges in the port land based logistics sectors. He is of good health and maintains a high degree of enthusiasm for a senior management role within the industry.
2016 February - Mar 2016Marine Consultant to Hamad Port –Qatar (new port). CONOPS (Conceptual Operations). Development Doc included.
Establishing Operational Context and Systems Attributes
Port Master Systems and integration Identifies Business Process Models (BPM)
Providing a Conceptual Staffing Model (CSM) for Hamad Port Operation
Addresses ISPS compliance issues.
Sourcing external subject matter expertise to identify high-level port operational policy and process frameworks
Consider current state of existing Port practices with future Port Authority and Operational requirements in relation to International Best Practice.
Identifying gaps between the current state and future requirements in relation to International Best Practice.
Recommends next steps required to transition new port from the current operational environment (“as is”) to one which aligns with international best practice benchmarks (“to be”)
Master Class 1 FG
Shipping at Newastle Institute of Technology1975 - 1985
- Master Class 1 FG