Looking to improve and expand my knowledge and skills and to establish employment in an environment that will ensure continuous growth and that will enhance my ability to make productive contributions to the company.
Operation Monitoring Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
Operation and Control Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
KIRBY INLAND MARINE - Channelview, TX - July 2012 to September 2014
· Works on a barge out on a river. Responsibilities include transferring liquid cargo from a barge to refinery, storage facility, another barge or to a ship. Transferring product include both loading or discharging the barge.
· One of only about1800 tankermen worldwide. Tankermen work rain or shine and at all hours of the day or night. Tankermen are very mechanically inclined responsible individuals as they work by themselves and are responsible for hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of equipment and sometimes millions of dollars worth of products. Tankerman are mostly responsible for opening and closing valves directing cargo to or from different tanks within the barge. Tankermen are responsible for many Coast Guard, OSHA, MSHA, State, Federal, and Environmental rules laws and regulations.
· Worked with dangerous chemicals such as Benzene, gasoline, Crude oil, naphtha, caustics, acids, poisons, glycol, styrene, Diesel, etc.
· Required very safety consciousness
· Loads or unloads material from barges, scows, and dredges. Examines cables that holds vessels in tow and tightens cables to ensure vessels are snug. Splices and repairs cables and ropes, using hand tools.
References Available Upon Request
High School Diploma 2004-2008
Twic Card, Merchant Marine License, Basic Plus, Firefighter certified, cpr certified
Tankerman, Deckhand, Certified operator, certified forklift driver,