Deck Hand / Bridge Watch position within the shipping industry
1984 - Present Fishermen Miminegash, PE
• Captain of the ‘Miminegash Maiden’ for the past four years.
• Hold licences for lobster, herring, mackerel, scallops, oysters, groundfish and moss.
• Developed a strong work ethic and routinely worked in adverse weather conditions.
• Build, maintain and repair gear associated with the fishery.
2000 - 2005 Fibreglass Specialist Island Concepts, Elmsdale, PE
• Cut fiberglass mat for molds, built and layed up molds with fiberglass and resin.
• Used various resins and types of fibreglass.
• Fixed gel coat, used air tools for sanding and grinding.
• Bridge Watch Rating Certificate, Transport Canada
• Marine Emergency Duties (MED)
- STCW Basic Safety
- Survival Craft & Rescue Boats
• Marine Basic First Aid
• SVOP - Small Vessel Operator Proficiency
• ROC - MC - Radio Operators Course
• Over 20 years experience in the commercial fishing industry.
• Extensive marine training and certification
• Accustomed to working long hours in a variety of weather conditions.
• Mechanically inclined with an ability to diagnose and fix minor problems.
• Experienced in using hand tools related to the carpentry sector and chainsaws.
* Hard Worker * Dependable * Physically Fit