I would like to get back on a ship or boat any type of marine job.
May 12 – Aug 12 North Country Equipment, Prince George, BC: Service Technician
• Washed Dump Trucks Weekly
• Using an assortment of power tools
• Shop Building, tin roofing experience
• Physical Work and long hours.
Sept 09 – May 12
Royal Canadian Navy, Halifax, NS, Victoria, BC: Naval Weapons Technician & Naval Electronic Sensor operator.
• QL-3 Qualified
• Soldering, Hydraulic work, Digital logic knowledge.
• Experience with Naval Radars, Communications Procedures, and shipboard procedures.
Aug 00 – Sept 09 D & F Cattle Company, Prince George, BC: Farmhand.
• 2000+ hours running bobcat, and larger farm machinery (Loader, 5 ton truck, Swather, etc.)
• Strong knowledge of tools and fixing machinery.
• Repaired farm buildings. (Barns, Silo’s, Fences, etc.)
• Lots of physical Labor
• Graduated Kelly Road Secondary School, June 2007
Naval Environmental Training Program. (Basic Sea Survival etc. Equiv)
• WHMIS, Fall Arrest Course, Transportation of Hazardous and Dangerous goods.
• Confined Spaces Training, Shipboard firefighting.
• Pleasure Craft Operators, VHF Marine Cert.
• St. Johns Standard First aid & CPR – C
• Very energetic, not afraid to ask questions, always willing to learn
• Good team player, very reliable and can take direction well.
• Strong knowledge of shipboard life and life on sea.
• Enjoys physical work.
I have been an avid sailor since I was 12 years old, Ive been to nationals for sailing and have also spent three years in the navy where I did my QL3 as a Naval Electronic Sensor operator