Desire to share with the prospective employer the vast and varied experience and skills acquired over a long career in the maritime industry.
Fm Aug 08
Working as a part-time consultant to a few ship-management companies in Houston on matters relating to crewing andd marine personnel, also visiting tankers of a ship management company calling Texas ports for purpose of computer networking solutions and other software problems on board.
Jan-2008 to Aug 08
Crewing Manager with the Texas ship management Company, Alliance Mairne Services, managing FPSO vessels off West Africa and also selecting and recruiting American officers and crew for Gulf of Mexico vessels.
As GROUP CREW/ Manpower Supply Database Manager, worked as a group database coordinator for the global Wide Area Networked crew program guiding and supporting it in all the offices of the VShips Group , travelling extensively world-wide to train staff
Worked with and guided a team of software developers, providing business rules, and STCW regulations, in the creation of a highly sophisticated and large crew management program that is now installed and running in over 50 offices of VShips group. (Located mostly at Glasgow, Scotland)
Senior Crew Manager for VShips Miami handling multi-national crew. Worked to and achieved tight budgetary controls on 20+ ships
Crew Manager for VShips Cyprus handling multi-national crew (Indians, ex Soviet Block, Filipinos) on a fleet of gas carriers, tankers and container ships
Program Development Manager for crew dept of VShips, Monaco based in Monte Carlo
Recruiting Agency of VShips Group in Mumbai as IT Manager, computerizing several recruiting processes and efficient management of past and present data for better decision making, as also setting up reliable procedures
1. Graduate Degree in Economics from Bombay University
2. Post graduate degree in Law from Bombay University
3. Dip in Systems Management from Bombay University
Member (by examination) of Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers, London
• Ship operations, crew management and ship-agency. Having developed and maintained large computer programs for crewing, have been involved in and provided business rules for upgrading and maintaining crew systems including consultancy for improvements and upgrading. Extensively travelled to and inter-acted with recruiting agencies in ex Soviet countries, Manila and India for both crew recruitment and computer system installations and training / upgrading.
• Thorough knowledge of current STCW regulations, wage agreements including ITF, crew travel, P&I claims and insurance and budgets. Also familiar with USCG rules and regulations for certifications.
• Having worked functioned as a technical controller, can manage with confidence support functions of technical dept of any ship-owing / ship-management company. Fully familiar with ISM.
In marine recruiting / crewing / placement jobs which is my forte. However, can handle any Human Resources area, additionally, have extensive & thorough knowledge of computerized database systems. Can also do ship-agency wok