I would like to introduce myself first, I am Nanda Kishore presently working as Terminal ship planner (operations planning & Trainning) with National container Terminal- King Abdullah Port-KSA. .I have around ten years of experience in Port Operations and Terminal Operations.
1. Organization : National Container Terminal
Designation : Operations Planning & Training
Shift duty planner
Tenure : Aug 2013 – Till Date.
2. Organization : (Port of Singapore Authority)
Chennai International Terminal Private Ltd
Designation : Operations – Executive Planner
Tenure : Nov 2011 – Aug 2013
5. Organization : (Dubai Ports World & ULA)
Visakha Container Terminal Pvt. Ltd.
Designation : Senior Executive
Operations – Executive (Wharf/Yard/ICD)
Operations – Vessel & Yard planning
Operations – Gate operations & Documentations.
Tenure : Dec 2005 - Nov 2011
Post Graduation in MCA (Master of Computer Applications) from Alagappa University Concluded With 60% Year December-2009 From, India.
Graduation in M. P. Cs (Mathematics, Physics& Computer Science) from Andhra University Perfect With First Class Year April-2004 From, India .
10+2/Intermediate from National Open School, New Delhi subject in (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry). With Second Class Year April-2001 , India
Diploma public Health & S. tech.
Medical lab techinician
• Knowledge of operational activities in Planning ,vessel, yard, & ICD and stevedoring requirements.
• Most effective and efficient knowledge of lifting requirement.
• Sound knowledge in roster requirements, labor and placing equipment in order to schedule labor to points of work.
• Responsible for all matters relating to the efficient and safe utilization of terminal facilities, equipment and operations manpower to achieve optimum container throughput as efficiently as possible with less turnaround time.
• Planning in advance with the ship agents for proper loading & unloading of containers and updating the plans so that proper sequence for loading, unloading and stacking are made available before berthing of the ship.
• Ensuring that the various efficiency parameters such as pre berthing detention, idle time are kept minimum and moves per hour is consistently high.
• Daily operational analysis of post-vessel cargo operations for the purpose of analysis and implementation of new procedures after addressing obstacles from previous vessels.
• Setting performance target within each area of container operations and maintenance of container handling equipment.
• Attending Daily, Monthly and other meetings held with shipping line/Agents/Freight forwarders/Port authority and to resolve their problems.
• Taking corrective actions on any nonconformance, quality problems and customers complaints.
• Assisting CM (O) & Dy. conservator while registering a new shipping line/agent and in finalizing priority berthing agreement with shipping line.
• Ensuring availability of safety gears, to all the employees deployed for CT operations.
• To continually review, benchmark, plan and implement operational strategies to ensure that the Terminal develops and grows profitably.
Preparation of vessel plan in ( Opus(cyber Logitech), Navis Sparcs ,CMC Mach,)Terminal Operating System according to pre- stowage EDI
given by the central planner, coordinating with vessel agent
? Checking and verifying Discharge and Load List.
? Verifying the Master/ Coordinator plans, Stability, IMDG segregation and Manifests
With the Vessel Cargo Officer.
? Vessel Operational follow up and correcting the plans where needed for speedy and
high operational productivity.
? Communicates operational requirements to all personnel and solve personnel issues.
? Follow operational procedures and processes and provide regular checks and provide
Checks and control of processes and generate performance improvement activities.
? Ensure proper stacking of containers according to POD and weight wise by making
Proper updation of gate-in containers i.e. ICD, TP, Factory stuffed according to the
Form 11 and TP submitted by the agent.
? Feeding of containers according to the bay plan and attending vessel side operation.
? Monitor yard inventories and housekeeping.
Vessel Operation: At vessel side, distribution of gantries as per the plan, submitting all sequence and bay plan and keeping the fast and regular feeding of containers from yard.
Operation of vessel to ensure high productivity and speedy turn round of the vessels.
It includes arrangements of RMQC, RTGC, and trailers (TT) required for speedy operation.
Preparation of Terminal Departure Report (TDR), Productivity report and Pre-ops & Post-ops report.
. Generating agent wise, POD wise summaries and total on-board list
Sending the Baplie EDI file to the next port.
KPA & Statics Reports
? Man power allocation for different activities across Jetty, Yard, CFS, Planning and Customs Gate to extract maximum output from each staff.
? Ensure the labor workforce is efficiently planned according to the operational requirements and legislative approvals. Register and report time and attendance, sick leave, absenteeism.
? Provide constant open dialogue with the berth planner, so that he/she is aware of any labor developments so as to minimize potential for disruption.
? Prepare the ‘daily manpower deployment’ report and resolve any queries that arise.
? Participate in disciplinary hearings.
? Ensure that with due notice all required labor and equipment are in supply.
? Provide 100% correct information in the resources system.
Make certain all work schedules are prepared and distributed in a timely manner