- Sales / Marketing
An energetic, motivated young professional with a broad range of hands-on experience in sales, tax preparation, and interpretation (Spanish-English). Expert in completing demanding assignments within limited timelines. Highly articulate, demonstrating excellent interpersonal communication skills. Strong management skills and methodical with an innate ability to synthesize data from multiple sources.
Sales Associate Aug 2007 - Present
Grade A Shoprite, Stamford, CT
- Managed the organic produce section, increasing sales by 30 % in the first month.
- Reduced shrinkage sale by 20% in the first month on the job.
- Co-researched new products to increase inventory such as juices, salads and supplies.
- Executed administrative work such as filing, printing, coping, and data entry.
- Providing a friendly and helpful service to customers.
- Demonstrating good product knowledge to customers on key promotions and offers
- Good numerical skills with the ability to manually calculate costs without error.
- Able to promote a store and its products through effective marketing activities like leafleting etc.
- Able to accurately describe a products features and benefits to a customer.
VITA Tax Preparer Jan 2015 – Present
Family & Children's Agency, Norwalk, CT
- IRS-certified to prepare individual income taxes
- Provided high-quality assistance to low-income clients, ensuring maximum deductions and researching complex regulations.
- Improved clients’ understanding of finance and discovered deduction leading to refunds up to $6000
Interpreter – Spanish Aug 2014 - Present
AmeriCares Free Clinics, Stamford, CT
- Translated sentences spoken or written in English into Spanish and vice versa.
- Liaised between healthcare professionals and patients.
- Interpreted questions, answers and concerns of patients.
- Served as a cultural mediator where necessary.
Bachelors in Arts and Science in International Political Economy & Business Administration Fordham University, New York, NY, May 2012
Course Highlights Include:
International Trade, Comparative Cultures, International Economic Policy, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Composition and Rhetoric, Business Communications.