Chief Operating Officer
- Corporate / Senior Management
Accomplished, results-oriented industry professional in international marine, energy and after-sales business. Excellent interpersonal, leadership and decision-making skills. Recognized for expertise and experience in business at an executive leadership level. Customer-centric attitude aligning enterprise vision to market needs, evaluating risks and creating execution plans to achieve goals. Highly sought after keynote speaker in digital and marine industries with multiple published papers.
- Organizational Leadership
- Technical Leadership
- Strategy & Process Leadership
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Business Planning
- Achieving Financial Targets
- Conflict Resolution
- Operation Excellence & Leadership
- 6 Sigma Green Belt
- Leading teams of Black Belts
- Employee Satisfaction
- Customer Satisfaction
- P&L Management
- Budgeting and finance
Executive Vice President of Operations 07/2019 to Current
Energi Pros LLC– Houston, TX
Chief Operating Officer of a start-up energy supply company offering green energy solutions to commercial facilities. The goals include successful leadership of the sales, service and operations team focusing on thermal energy storage, electrical efficiency and facility power management solutions on a global level.
President Founder 01/2018 to Current
Tetrault Partnerships & Property Holdings LLC– Houston, TX
Founding member of a family-owned Investment LLC focused on increasing asset valuation and profitable returns. Primarily focused on short term lending, real estate investment & rental properties.
Director, Asset Intelligence & After Sales - Marine & Energy 03/2014 to 12/2017
Caterpillar Inc.– Houston, Texas
- Led a service and parts sales organization with over 450 team members dedicated to the marine and energy segments.
- Led the Asset Intelligence & After-Sales Marine & Power Generation team of Caterpillar globally. Created the enterprise digital strategy for Caterpillar in the areas of operations, parts and after-sales for Marine and Power Generation to enhance company and client profits and processes.
- Initiated and launched "Asset Intelligence" within the Marine division through the acquisition of ESRG Technologies LLC introducing marine analytics and integration of the digital platform (OstiaEdge) into Caterpillar.
- Developed the annual strategy and led the execution for Marine, Digital and Power Generation (Medium Speed) after-sales including P&L, budgeting and team goals and deliverables.
- Consistently exceed 10-year targets by establishing 5-year goals with stringent strategies and metrics for success.
- Supported the Managing Director and VP with daily operational functions.
- Implemented the global Caterpillar and Dealer after-sales marketing strategy resulting in a 12% growth in known customer assets over 3 years.
Director, Global Marine Customer Support & After Sales 06/2008 to 03/2014
Caterpillar GmbH & Co KG – Hamburg, Germany
- Led a team of over 70 after-sales professionals working with over 2,000 dealer sales professionals and managed multiple senior Six-Sigma Black Belts on process change projects.
- Utilized Six-Sigma methodology for mergers and acquisitions and all strategic projects (DMAIC methodology).
- Led team for Caterpillar's power generation medium speed and marine business.
- Managed land based parts and service sales for 5,500 installed medium speed power generation engines on a global level.
- Led the marine after-sales and parts team for over 8,000 installed propulsion units; CP propellers, thrusters, Z and azimuth drives (previously Berg, now Cat Propulsion).
- Managed annual budgets (engines and propulsion) for $1.2B parts, $95M product health & goodwill plan and a $560M warranty plan servicing 220,000 marine engines worldwide.
- Managed all top marine key accounts and key account managers including Edison Chouest Offshore, Damen, Armon, Maersk Lines, Crowley Marine, Harley Marine, Foss Maritime, Carnival Cruise Lines and others.
- Led the Global Caterpillar Marine Product Support team including developing annual strategies, goal definition and key performance metrics with a focus upon a customer loyalty process.
- Raised customer satisfaction from 7.4 to 9.4 (10 point scale) globally within 3 years.
Division Manager, Americas 01/2006 to 06/2008
Caterpillar Inc.– Miami, Florida
- Brought into Caterpillar America’s Marine Division to revive a poorly functioning organization. Implemented a new strategic focus, operational metrics and customer performance metrics within 6 months.
- Exceeded financial targets in less than 2 years.
- Energized and motivated team, which resulted in employee confidence and engagement growth from 64% to 99%.
- Grew prime sales from $84M to $244M.
- Grew parts sales from $54M to $116M.
Division Manager, Europe, Africa, Middle East & CIS 09/2003 to 01/2006
Caterpillar CSARL– Geneva, Switzerland
- Led the recovery of Caterpillar's pleasure-craft market by capturing a leading market share position at all major European boat builders within 2 years.
- Championed the strategic plan to secure Damen as Cat Marine's number one global customer with the aid of a long-term supply agreement. Enabled 100% market share position in all Damen vessels and repowers (over 950 engines per year) with a sales volume of $320M per year.
- Established and led the focus team that moved MaK Motoren engines to the number 1 market position in the cruise ship segment for main propulsion and auxiliary power.
- Led Caterpillar's EAME and CIS Marine Division as the prime sales and after-sales manager that grew prime sales from $112M to $664Mper annum.
Territory Marine Sales Manager, Americas West Coast 02/2000 to 09/2003
Caterpillar Inc.– Seattle, Washington
- Grew parts sales from $84M to $469M.
- Grew employee engagement from 72% to 96%.
- Strategized and implemented the execution of open architecture engine configuration software into all major Naval Architects, which allowed accelerated integration of engines into newly, designed vessels.
- Established the US and Canadian West Coast region as the global leader in growth for Caterpillar Marine by implementing partnership strategies with all major shipbuilders. Grew prime sales from $23M to $88M per annum.
- Increased market share from 34% to 88%.
Business Development Manager 01/1996 to 02/2000
Caterpillar Finance– Nashville, Tennessee
- Developed global IPP (Independent Power Plant) opportunities, financial modeling and initial business case presentations to the Power Ventures Board for equity investments.
- Negotiated power purchase, fuel supply, transmission and debt terms for more than 20 major international power projects.
- Developed and implemented equity investments in power projects totaling 340 MW.
Technical Sales Engineer 09/1994 to 01/1996
Caterpillar Inc– Lafayette, Indiana
- Led the heavy fuel systems design team for the 3600-product line.
- Project managed new project design and installation of 8 power generation facilities, including installation auditing, commissioning and client handover.
Service Engineer 07/1990 to 08/1994
Wärtsilä North America Inc– New Orleans, LA
- Awarded a three-year apprenticeship with focus on Wärtsilä Wichmann propulsion systems, Wärtsilä Vasa product line, EMD service and maintenance, cruise industry commissioning and warranty management.
- Achieved the Service Engineer rank within marine and power generation for Wärtsilä powered facilities on a global level.
- Collaborated successfully with engineering to design and manufacture products for new installation projects.
- English (Native), Spanish (Strong Working Knowledge), German (Working Knowledge), French (Comprehension).
Master of Science: Business Administration,Finance & International Business
Indiana Wesleyan University, Marion, Indiana USA
Bachelor of Science: Marine Engineering
United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY USA
Commissioned as an Ensign in the United States Navy
Unlimited horsepower Assistant Engineer USCG license; Steam & Diesel
Masters Course Work: Finance & International Business
Vanderbilt University, Owen School of Management, Nashville, TN USA
MBA course work
- Six-Sigma Green Belt
- Certified Marine Technologist & Fellow; Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology
- Member Society of Naval Architects & Marine Engineers
- Member Canadian Institute of Marine Engineering
- Member Royal Institute of Naval Architects
- Licensed Marine Engineer, Unlimited HP Steam & Diesel; United States Coast Guard
- Lt. Commander, United States Navy (Retired Engineering Officer)
- Leadership 22 years by 2019
Director of Aftersales and Asset Intelligence at Caterpillar Inc
1994 December - Dec 2017
Service Engineer at Wartsila Diesel
1990 July - May 1994
Chief Operating Officer at Energi Pros LLC
Finance at Vanderbilt Owen School of ManagementSep 1997 - May 1998
Master of Science
Business Administration and Management at Indiana Wesleyan University1996 - 1998
Bachelor of Science
Marine Engineering at United States Merchant Marine Academy1986 - 1990
- Master Coursework
- Certified Marine Technologist; Institute of Marine Engineering Science and Technology Apr 2012
- 3 A/E Steam Jun 1990
- 3 A/E Diesel Jun 1990