Would like to start in a shore organisation in the operations/crewing deptartment. Have the experience of over 10 years at sea along with hard work to grow in this field
Safety Oriented * Worked as the safety officer for 6 years onboard A.P.Moller Vessels.
* As safety officer was directly involved with the implementation of all safety values /
Cultures as laid down in the company safety procedures
* Was directly involved in liaising with the office safety department on accident/LTA
/RWA follow ups
* As chief officer I was responsible in carrying out acceptance checks on all Dangerous
cargo during cargo operations in compliance with Maersk safety rules and IMDG.
* As chief officer I was also responsible for training crew onboard for mock drills, Safety
hazards during cargo operations, Dangerous cargo carriage rules and stowage, safety
* Being a part of the senior management onboard I was closely involved with the health
and safety environment onboard
Leadership • Worked as the departmental head of the deck department.
• Directed and supervised shipboard activities such as cargo
operations, exterior maintenance, emergency preparedness
and implementing company’s quality system.
Decision Making • Analysing the loading and discharge plan making
amendments in conjunction with Loading masters / Charterers.
• Deciding on the amount of cargo to load and preparing final
departure condition keeping the ship within the stability and
load line regulations.
Team Building • Served as Team leader in the shipboard management team.
• Motivated and trained people working under my department
in carrying out maintenance, repair and watch keeping
schedules in co-operation with other departments.
PC Skills • Computer literate experience in word, excel and power point.
Multi-Tasking * Conducted various inspections Both Port State / Vhetting from oil
Majors during port stay cargo operations
* Carried out cargo operations based on various inputs from
charterers , port authorities and load line regulations
* Was responsible for Manpower management taking into account
Rest hours regulations and operational requirements.
Commercial Viability * Ensured quick turn around operations in port to minimise delays
and punitive expenses to the company
* Ensured Maximum intake of cargo given the constraints to ensure
maximum freight for the vessel.
* Worked closely with Shipboard management for fiscal planning for
At present hold a Chief Mate FG unlimited certificate alongwith a Higher Nautical Diploma - BTEC from the university of lancashire in UK
At present hold a Chief Mate FG unlimited certificate will be proceeding for my masters in january 2009