Currently, I am seeking an opportunity for new challenges in continuation of my shipboard career with an establishment that offers continued professional development & feasibility for advancement in the above mentioned field.
Chief Mate, 2008 (ATB shuttle tanker "William J.Moore" & "McCleary's Spirit")
• Employed by "V-Ships Canada Co" as a relief Chief Mate aboard CMSG 15000 dwt articulated pushing tug & shuttle tanker barge combination performing cargo trips from Canadian East coast offshore to Seaway inland waters. In charge of cargo operations, tanks preparation, St.Lawrence river & Great Lakes pilotage, ISGOTT safety matters, deck crew & ship-to-port security interface.
2-nd Mate, 2007 (AHT "Petite Forte")
• Employed as a deck officer on board an ocean tug (BHP 8000) towing 10000 dwt barge trading internationally in the Great Lakes (Manager: "Great Lakes Int Towing & Salvage Co ", Canada) Competent at cargo loading, draft survey, towing winch operation, steering, spotting, platform anchor handling, Welland canal locks passage, British watch, other duties incorporated safety of navigation, security issues & charts update.
2-nd Mate, 2006 (AHTS "Sea Eagle II")
• Employed as a relief mate on board 560 mt displ Anchor –handling supply tug (BHP 11000) servicing jack-up rigs at gas wells in lake Erie (Operator: "Fettes Shipping Co", Canada). Specialized in rig anchor handling, supplies, steering, spotting, other duties incorporated safety & boat handling.
Skipper, 2006 (Yacht "Tallship Silva of Halifax")
• Employed as a Charter boat Captain/Restricted Engineer aboard 35 m LOA motor sailing passenger cruise schooner of "Canadian Sailing Expeditions", providing tours around Halifax harbor during summer season & cruises in the Caribbean in winter. The duties comprised overall command of vessel, crew & passengers, boat driving, safety of navigation, crew supervision & safety drills, sails training, passengers care & maintenance of deck, rigging & engine.
Port Facility Security Officer, 2005 ("ASG Security Group")
• Employed as a PFSO of Canadian "Armed Security Group ", conducting port-to-ship interface in port Union (ON) quarters. The responsibilities incorporated personnel security training, drills, surveillance, security patrols, security declarations & daily written reporting procedures. Proficient in problem solving, communication, provision of security patrols & protection of property.
Chief Officer, 2002-2004 (Gen.cargo "Royal Cooler")
• Employed as an overall Safety/ISPS Security, Medical & Cargo Officer aboard "Seatrade Group
Pool", Belgium 9100 dwt dry cargo-reefer product & container combination carrier. Expertise in fresh, frozen & chilled cargo inspection, handling, stowage, carriage.& treatment, stowage factor calculations, deck & mechanisms, ballast & garbage management, FW treatment, cargo gear & reefer plant maintenance & repair, holds inspection & repair, pre-loading survey, reefer container deck cargo transshipment & repair, cargo plans & cargo claims, sea protests & P&I matters, cargo documentation including mate receipts & bills of lading, general cargo care & securing, skilful deck crew management of 7 deckhands & external ISMS+ISPS audit + certification, provision of successful passing Class surveys & PSC inspections, integrated safety & security drills accomplishment, awareness of PSC requirements & maintenance of Safety/Security appliances, wide experience in drydocking & lay up working schedule for deck department routines
2-nd Officer, 2001 (Containership "Maersk Jarry")
• Undertook duties of Cargo, Safety & Medical Officer on board "Maersk Sealand" 13 500 dwt German containership of 1000 TEU capacity. Supervised as a Deck Mate stowage of both 20 & 40 feet containers including reefer boxes to the holds & on deck. Advanced knowledge of IMO cargo carriage & treatment. Extensive on the job training in operation of heavy lift cranes, stability & stevedore damage matters, internal ISMS auditor on board, fruitful cooperation with Port Control. Skilful operation of cargo computer softwares. Advanced skills in hospital treatment of crew aboard including nursing & injections.
2-nd Officer, 2000 (Bulk Carrier "Ekuelle")
• Performed Deck/Navigating & Medical Officer's duties aboard this 28000 dwt tramp multipurpose cargo carrier (Operator: "Atlantic United Marine", USA). Experience involved congested waters navigation, draft survey, break bulk transshipment both to the barges & shore side elevator, cargo cranes operation, maintenance & repair. Handling of 20 & 40" dry cargo & reefer containers or lighters, timber carriage on deck, log stanchions installation, carriage of fertilizers & grain as hazardous materials.
3-rd Officer 1999 (Reefer "Cooler Bay")
• Supervised cargo operations of loading/discharging fresh fruits as a Deck Officer aboard 7500 dwt conventional reefer-general cargo carrier (Operator: "Roswell Navigation Corp", Greece), performed stevedoring activities & tally while transshipment of frozen squids. Expertise in Great Circle sailing, inter-ship mooring to trawlers/jiggers & transfer of supplies/bunkers at sea, operation, maintenance & repair of jibs & cargo derricks as well as OOW & Safety Officer's routines.
3-rd Officer/Junior ADPO 1998 (Research vessel "Berezan")
• Scheduled Radio Operator's duties & operation of Nautronics DP-1 console aboard 1050 mt displ Coast Guard icebreaker, engaged in underwater shelf survey, hydro graphic research, diving support & maintenance of fairways. A volunteer environmental protection project initiated by Green Peace. Broad experience in visual navigation aids determination & accurate position fix.
Instructor (Marine Technological Insitute) /Marine Surveyor-Hull Inspector (JSC "Algenas") 1997
• Apart with instruction of "Safety of Navigation" & "Maritime English" to the cadets of this higher educational establishment handled also part time cargo survey job at the institute's commercial branch. Accountability for actions, social responsibility & contribution to the community, constructive response to changes. Particular expertise in team work, identification of alternative ways to achieve goals & get the job done
1-st Officer 1996 (Crew ferryboat "Mary-John")
• Assigned duties on board this 350 mt displ fast craft of Australian JSV engaged in offshore crew transportation to & from the accommodation barge- OOW & Safety Officer in charge of LS, FF & marine pollution control equipment routine maintenance + repair. Enhanced knowledge of crowd management & drill scenario planning & execution in acc. with SOLAS & MARPOL requirements
Radio Officer/DPO trainee 1995 (Shuttle tanker "Parapola")
• Responsibilities aboard this newly built 68000 dwt chemical/oil & product carrier (Owner: "Eletson Corp", Greece) were operation of GMDSS, radio watch & provision of radio communication as well as routine maintenance & repair of shipboard electric & radio navigation equipment as a part of shipbuilder's warranty & DP2 on the job training under supervision. Practical knowledge of COW, butterworth & stripping operations, segregated ballasting & tank ullage systems.
OS, AB ,Nautical cadet 1990-1994 (Deep sea trawler-factory freezer "Poltava")
• Performed various tasks as ordered: from catch gutting & net repair to operations of trawl rigging winches & helmsman's duties aboard this fish research trawler owned by Marine Scientific Research Institute of Oceanography.
• Bachelor of Science- Maritime College of Fisheries
• Transport Canada Chief Mate Unlimited ticket
Merchant Marine Chief Mate (ON1), holder of Transport Canada Master Intermediate Voyage license
More than 18 years in Marine Industry, including 5 years of progressively responsible hands-on management offshore experience in cargo handling, documentation, multinational crew management, marine hull & cargo survey inspection & maintenance of various bridge systems, deck mechanisms & cargo gear.
• Expertise with tug & barge, reefer, dry/bulk/general cargo & container carriers, experience includes tankers, ro-ro ferries, offshore AHTS & pleasure boats. Extensive involvement in ISM & ISPS shipboard management systems, computer literate in most popular softwares, good working knowledge of GMDSS & radio installations, radar & ARPA plotting, ECDIS, AIS & Dynamic Positioning consoles, have cadets instructional background.
Citizenship-Canada. Fluent in English & Russian, can read/write German, experience in management of mixed multinational crews.