? Enjoy work under challenging circumstances, requiring creativity, initiative, delegation, responsibility with authority.
? Contribute, significantly, to achieve the main objectives of the organization
Aug.,06 to Oct.,08 Chief Engineer
Aban offshore Ltd: Having 18 Drilling rigs/platform/ships.Expert in
Drilling operations in India since 23 years.
July,06 to Aug.,06 Lecturer- Part Time
Taught various subjects to candidates for MEO Class 1,2 & 4 , in LBS
CAMSAR and OERC – Famous Marine Institutes.
May, 2004 to Dec.,05 Technical Manager
• Samson Maritime Co: Having 18 vessels of multipurpose utilities specializing in diving, SBM and anchor handling operations, supplies, salvage and rescue operations.
March to April, 04 Consultant
• To create chemical division in famous Japanese company-
Identifying manufacturing facility, marketing, technical, quality
Controls, distribution, packaging, supplies locations.
2001 to January 2004 Chief Engineer
• Maintenance of entire plant, including machinery and auxiliaries, resulting in zero down time
• Management of engineering teams, tradesmen, technicians, and draftsmen
• Administration of inventory, personnel, and budget control leading to reduction of maintenance costs by 28%
1984 to 2001 Ashland Chemicals: Drew Marine New Jersey, USA
(ISO 9001 Certified)
Marketing & Technical Executive
• Responsible for marketing all products and providing technical support to all customers in the territory
• Territory of responsibility covering India, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka
• Increased sales from USD 350k to 1.9 million
1983 Offshore Supply Corporation Ajman, UAE
• Responsible for maintenance of 5 multipurpose vessels include hazardous liquid transporters
• Ensured compliance to safety, environmental protection, and machinery operations regulations enforced by national and international statutory bodies
1978 to 1983 Madras Marine Co. India Mumbai, India
Manager Marketing & Technical
• Increased sales by 32% every year
• Provided high quality technical support to domestic and overseas customers
1978 Oberoi Sheraton Hotel Mumbai, India
Assistant Chief Engineer
• Managed all engineering operations independently during long absences of Chief Engineer
• Managed civil construction work of annex buildings where over 300 deluxe rooms were added
• Oversaw installation of new centrifugal compressor based air conditioning plant
1980 Institute of Industrial Managers London, UK
Diploma in Industrial Management
1976 Ministry of Surface Transport, Govt of India Mumbai, India MEO Class 1, Steam Endorsement
1971 Ministry of Surface Transport, Govt of India Mumbai, India
MEO Class 1, Motor
1969 Ministry of Surface Transport, Govt of India Mumbai, India
MEO Class 2, Motor
1966 Directorate of Marine Engineering Training Kolkata, India
Graduate of Marine Engineering
MEO class 1 certificate of competency in Motor and steam
Excellent in communication at all levels to get objectives of the organization, spell
Out minute details of the targets, monitoring the progress, review and corrective
Action, motivation, leading the team members to meet dead lines, delegating with
responsibility and accountability.
Prepare specifications/scope of work after evaluation/study/feasibility of the project; Complete documentations and enforce tender/contract process, evaluations/negotiations with the contractors, liase with management and conduct reviews, prepare status report, budget; planning of implementation and procurement; enforce changed scope and schedules; assess performance of the contractors train, interview staff to implement new systems etc.
Monitoring and controlling production growth; developing and selecting vendors; supervising subcontractors; administering preventive maintenance; overhauling and installing new machinery; controlling inventory; carrying out periodical inspection, retrofitting and modifications to compliance rules to protect environment and ensure safety
Selecting and recruiting personnel, performance analysis of employees; negotiating with unions; resolving conflicts among workforce, to provide adequate training, encourage safe working atmosphere and enforce effective HSE policy
Formulated marketing strategies; sales and advertising; planning and forecasting; analyzing sales; training personnel; negotiating contracts; budgeting