Chartering & Operations
- Vessel Operations
Personal Details: Date & Place of Birth: 11th June, 1967, India · Nationality: Indian · Marital Status: Married
Highly experienced, detail-focused, and goal-oriented Ship Broking, Chartering & Operations Professional with 25+ years of international leadership experience, and extensive broking and agency service expertise. Highly knowledgeable of all current economic, social and business development trends, committed to ongoing training and professional development to keep up to date on all evolving industry regulations. An outstanding communicator with the ability to build, train and motivate staff, cultivate productive relationships with clients and business partners, and collaborate effectively across all organizational levels within fast-paced, deadline-critical environments. Exceptional project management skills with experience creating and monitoring budgets, and meeting milestones and objectives. Record of extensive travel through Europe and Far East to meet principals and clients, and develop new business and retention strategies. Seeking new opportunities abroad.
Areas of Expertise include:
§ Commercial Ship Management § Budgets & Forecasts § Client Acquisition & Retention § Chartering & Broking § Market Reports & Trends § Leadership & Management § Ship Operations Management § New Business Development § Claims Resolution § Research & Analysis § Presentations & Public Speaking § Staff Training & Mentoring § Enterprise Expansion § Relationship Management § Sales & Purchases
M/S PRISTINE SHIPPING · Dubai, UAE/Mumbai, India · July 2003 – Present
Chartering & Operations Manager
Led operations of a ship-broking and agency service provider, assisting a wide range of international principals and clients. Serviced a variety of ship sizes, including Handy, Supra, and Ultra’s in addition to vessels calling at Dubai ports and dry docks. Facilitated pre- through post-fixture on voyage, TCT, and periodic basis.
- Strategically negotiated exclusive use of ships for principal owners, and represented principals regarding charter negotiations for commercial use.
- Perform negotiations to charter parties and agreements, and submit accurate calculations of laytime and demurrage statements.
- Finalized account statements for voyages and time charters, and successfully serviced Master of vessels regarding matters pertaining to ship loading, discharging, bunkering, stowage planning, and stability.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills while acting as Port Agent Liaison for acquisition of competitive disbursement accounts for port of call, ensuring pre-arrival and departure formalities.
- Monitored daily and final out-turn figures for loading and discharging, supervised stevedore operations, and ensured accurate estimates of cargo damages, shortages and claims.
- Participated in multiple networking and professional development activities, including Danish Shipbrokers Dinner (Copenhagen, May 2007), Piraeus Dinner (Greece, June 2007), and French Shipbrokers Dinner (Paris June 2008).
- Provided critical support to CSR and alma mater by administering and monitoring exams in Dubai, UAE for overseas students of Narottam Morarjee Institute of Shipping (NMIS) in Mumbai, India from 2009 to 2013. Provided additional training and mentoring of young Institute graduates.
- Moved from Dubai to India in 2015, and continue ship broking from India office.
INDEPENDENT SHIPBROKER · Dubai, UAE · April 2001 – July 2003
Successfully served local and international principals and clients, delivering a wide range of shipbroker duties.
- Attended ships in port and anchorages, consistently ensuring all owner requirements were met including Cash to Master, Underwater hull cleaning, Crew sign-on /sign-off etc.., regularly exceeding expectations.
NORMAR MARINE LLC · Dubai, UAE · May 1995 – March 2001
Provided service to owners of Tankers and Bulkers for an internationally renowned chartering and trading company with offices in Oslo, Sweden, Canada, Dubai, and Bombay. Strategically managed commercial enterprises, and oversaw key services including freight forwarding, ship husbanding, broking, bunkering, sales and purchases, and demolitions.
- Served as Head of Dry Cargo Division for the Commercial and Operations of Normar Fleet.
- Prepared and monitored budgets and implemented process improvements to reduce costs and maximize revenue generation.
- Negotiated pre- and post- fixtures, and charter parties.
- Managed all insurance and claim issues, planned voyage routes and schedules, and calculated laytime and demurrage statements.
- Attended international ships and managed port operations, ensuring compliance with all regulatory standards.
- Provided leadership regarding agent appointment and co-ordination, and oversaw communications between technical managers and ship personnel.
- Managed crewing services, including sign on and sign off, payments, sanctions and approvals, and ensured accurate classification of societies and P&I clubs.
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE · Mumbai, India · January 1990 - April 1995
Shipbroker for numerous companies in Mumbai, India including M/S Ashapura Minechem Pvt. Ltd. Chartering Division, Mumbai, India, and Blacker & Co. Pvt. Ltd., (Dry Cargo & Tanker Chartering Division), Mumbai, India.
Education & Training
Diploma, Shipping Management (Year II)
Narottam morajee institute of shipping | Mumbai, India
Bachelor of Commerce
UNIVERSITY OF BOMBAY| Mumbai, India