Director of Operations
March 2002 – Present Ocean Properties: (Parent company for Hilton Resort, X-Press to Key West, Bar Harbor Whale Watch Company)
Promoted to Director of Marine Operations for the entire company. Was in charge of vessel operations for all vessel deployment, crew hiring, training, and maintenance. Oversaw construction of all new vessels. Wrote and updated manuals for all vessels covering facilities operations, training, and Homeland Security.
May 2000 – March 2002 Hilton Resort and Marina, Key West, FL.
Promoted from Boat Captain to Director of Marina Operations. Responsibilities included management, tending to the needs of guests of the 4-diamond resort and daily operations of the marina, cruise ship port, and fleet of 4 passenger vessels and one motor yacht.
August 1997 – May 2000 Hilton Resort and Marina, Key West, FL.
Boat Captain, responsible for the safe operation and passage from Key West to Sunset Key an exclusive private island resort on various vessels.
May 1992 – August 1999 West Marine Products, Inc.
Store Manager of several stores for the nation’s largest and most successful boating accessories and apparel retailer. This company is comprised of 250 retail outlets, and other divisions including catalog, Internet and wholesale. Subsequently, was placed in charge of integration of newly acquired businesses and training of its associates
• University of Dubuque, Dubuque IA. Graduated May 1984 Bachelor of Arts Degree, majors in Business/Aviation Administration and Flight Technology.
• United States Coast Guard licensed Master Captain with Advanced Fire Fighting and Unlimited Radar, High Speed vessel operations
• Wisconsin Boating Safety Instructor, Wisconsin Department of Natural Recourses 1978-1988
• Federal Aviation Administration Licensed Commercial Pilot with single and multi-engine, instrument ratings since 1984
• Executive/ VP/ Director / Operations
• Multi divisional companies
• Over ten years experience with P&L’s. and budgets in excess of 10 million dollars
• Part of successful start up companies
• Government agencies
• Extensive writing of training, operational, procedural and security manuals
• Substantial training in a wide range of areas
• Mergers and acquisitions
• Trade shows and conventions
Accomplishments / Memberships
• Appointed to the Port of Key West Security Board of Directors.
• Letter of commendation from USCG for the operation and maintenance of the Sunset Key vessels operating in Key West, Florida.
• Letter of Commendation from USCG on Security procedures and operations for Pier B Cruise ship terminal post 9/11 in Key West, Florida.
• Goal and achievement awards from Ocean properties for the building and delivery of the HSC ATLANTICAT.
• Highest store sales and largest increase in sales, within the company (150 stores), for the San Diego West Marine location.