- Shipboard Officer / Personnel / Crew
Summary of Expirience
- 2 years as Safety Officer/Able Seaman Catcher/Processor Island Enterprise Trident Seafoods Washington & Bering Sea Alaska.
- 4 years as Master/DPO with Edison Chouest Offshore on Offshore Support Vessels in Brazil, Caribbean & Gulf of Mexico.
- 4 years as Captain on 4-Point Dive Support Vessel Premier Explorer for Louisiana Oilfield Divers.
- 6 years as 3/2 Mate (OICNW) & Able Seaman on Underway Replenishment & Special Missions Ships for Military Sealift Command worldwide.
- 12 years as Deckboss/Able Seaman on Catcher Processors for Trident Seafoods & others in Washington & Alaska
- USCG LICENCE: MASTER OF SELF-PROPELED VESSELS LESS THAN 1600 GRT UPON OCEANS; SECOND MATE OF SELF-PROPELED VESSELS OF UNLIMITED TONNAGE UPON OCEANS; RADAR OBSERVER(UNLIMITED); ARPA: GMDSS ABLESEAMAN UNLIMITED; LIFEBOATMAN; TANKERMAN ASSIST.
- STCW: QUALIFIED IN ACCORDANCE WITH PROVISIONS OF REGULATIONS II/1; II/2; II/3; II/4; II/5; IV/2; V/1-1; VI/1; VI/2; VI/3; VI/4; VI/5; VI/6 MASTER LESS THAN 3000 GROSS TONS (GT). OFFICER IN CHARGE OF A NAVIGATIONAL WATCH (OICNW UNLIMITED TONS). ABLE SEAFARER-DECK; RATING FORMING PART OF A NAVIGATIONAL WATCH (RFPNW); PROFICIENCY IN SURVIVAL CRAFT & RESCUE BOATS; BASIC OIL & CHEMICAL TANKER OPERATION; MEDICAL FIRST-AID PROVIDER; ADVANCED FIREFIGHTING; GMDSS OPERATOR; ARPA; VESSEL SECURITY OFFICER.
- DYNAMIC POSITIONING OPERATOR UNLIMITED: Exp. 08 April 2019
- TWIC: Exp. Jun 16 2018
- TOWING OFFICER ASSESMENT RECORD
- U.S. PASSPORT # 488930397 Exp. 25 Jan 2022
- TEXAS DRIVERS LICENCE # 34674804 Exp. 27 April 2023
Oct. 2016 to Oct. 2018 Trident Seafoods
SAFETY OFFICER/ ABLE SEAMAN; Catcher/Processor Island Enterprise
- Responsible for safety equipment, inspections, training & audits in addition to daily AB duties.
March 2012 to Sep. 2016 Edison Chouest Offshore
MASTER; C-Express and other Offshore supply & support vessels
- Responsible & in charge overall for the vessel including, but not limited to all aspects of vessel’s crew, operations, DP operations & equipment, navigation, maneuvering, administration, safety, security, training, and any 3 parties or visitors that may be onboard whatever their function.
November 2008 to March 2012: Louisiana Oilfield Divers
CAPTAIN; 4-Point Dive Support Vessel Premier Explorer
- Responsible & in charge overall for the vessel including, but not limited to all aspects of vessel’s crew, operations, 4 point anchor operations & equipment, navigation, maneuvering, administration, safety, security, training, and any 3 parties or visitors that may be onboard whatever their function.
May 19, 2003 to Nov. 28, 2008: Military Sealift Command-Underway Replenishment operations
USNS KANAWHA, USNS KISKA, USNS NIAGARA FALLS Third/Second Officer
- Officer in charge of safe navigation of the vessel. Watch Officer underway, at anchor & in port.
- Acted as Assistant Cargo 2nd Mate on USNS Kiska (Dec. 07-Feb. 08)
- Officer in charge of repair locker and emergency response team
- Conduct weekly Fire, Damage Control & Abandon Ship, MOB, Security, and SOPEP Drills for my designated teams while underway & in port.
- Responsible for safety of crew and communications with bridge during anchoring and mooring ops.
- In charge of documentation of SMS (ISM) drills, training and inspections and required logs.
- Responsible for Notice to Mariners chart & publication corrections
- Managed and trained unlicensed watch standers
- Responsible for pre-arrival/departure tests and inspections.
- Responsible for Bridge watch stander’s payroll.
- Performed 2 Officers Duties while he was away on leave (60 days)
- Served as CBRD Officer.
- Awarded “Outstanding Performance” citation on Niagara Falls.
USNS NIAGARA FALLS, USNS MERCY,USNS ZEUS, USNS ARCTIC Able Seaman
- Bridge Watch stander
- “Underway replenishment Helmsman”
- Responsible for daily maintenance on lifeboats & lifeboat davits.
- Designated crane operator
- Awarded “Outstanding Performance” citation
- Responsible for lifeboat & lifeboat davit maintenance
CHARTER/ TOUR VESSEL
August 15, 2001 to April 20, 2002: S/V SOUTHERN CROSS
- Oversaw renovation of vessel, managed daily business and logistics.
- Responsible for organizing and overseeing vessel charters.
BERING SEA INDUSTRIAL TRAWLERS
August 1991 to July 2000 & January 2003 to May 2003:
Trident Seafoods F/T SEATTLE ENTERPRISE, F/T KODIAK ENTERPRISE, F/T ISLAND Deck Boss; Night Deck Boss; Able Seaman
June 2002 to October 2002: Arctic Storm
July, 2000 to August, 2001: Aleutian Spray Fisheries
EDUCATION, LANGUAGE & COMPUTER SKILLS
- PACIFIC MARITIME INSTITUTE (PMI 6/04 – 11/04):
- CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY SONOMA 1987:
- FLUENT IN ENGLISH & PORTUGUESE:
PROFICIENT IN MICROSOFT WORD, EXCELL, OUTLOOK, POWER POINT
CERTFICATIONS & TRAINING
- Human Element Leadership& Management; Management level STCW gap closure (MPT2016)
- Electronic Chart Display Integrated Systems, ECDIS gap closure (MPT 2019)
- Company & Vessel Security Officer (MARSEC 2009)
- SafeGulf (ECO 2012)
- Environmental Awareness (ECO2012)
- Terrestrial & Coastal Navigation (PMI 6/04)
- Celestial Navigation (PMI 7/04)
- Electronic Navigation (PMI 7/04)
- Watchkeeping (PMI 10/04)
- Meteorology for Mariners (PMI 8/04)
- Gyro and Magnetic Compass (PMI 6/04)
- Bridge Resource Management (PMI 10/04 – MPT 5/02)
- Automatic Radar Plotting Aids-ARPA (PMI 07/04)
- Advanced Shipboard Fire Fighting (MPT 5/02)
- Basic Shipboard Firefighting (India-Tango 8/94, WA State FF Academy 5/98 & 4/02)
- 8-hour HAZMAT (Tyson Seafood 5/98)
- Medical Care Provider (PMI 9/04)
- Search and Rescue (PMI 9/04)
- 70 hr Global Maritime Distress & Safety Systems-GMDSS (PMI 10/04)
- Emergency Procedures (PMI 9/04)
- Cold Water Survival (Sand Pt USCG Sta. Seattle 1991)
- 30 hr Survival Craft (Seattle Maritime Academy 5/02)
- 40 hr Basic Safety Training (Compass Courses 5/02, MSC 3/07)
- Helicopter Firefighting & Damage Control (MSC 6/03, 3/07)
- Anti-Terrorism Level 1 (MSC 6/03, 9/05, 8/06, 4/07)
- Drill Instructor – Train the Trainer. (Tyson Seafood 6/98)
- Basic & Advanced Dynamic Positioning System. (ECO 2012)
- Ordnance Hazard Awareness (MSC 6/03)
- NAVOSH (MSC 6/03)
- CBR-D Orientation (MSC 6/03)
- 40 hr Tank Ship Dangerous Liquids (PMI 11/04)
- Basic Stability and Ships Construction Course (PMI 8/04)
- Cargo Handling and Stowage Course (PMI 8/04)
- Explosive Cargo Handling & Stowage (PMI 5/03
- Explosive MHE Operator (MSC 6/03)
- Small Arms Qualification (MSC 6/03, 8/05, 8/06, 4/07)
- Defense Logistics Agency Map Catalog Training (DLISD learning center 12/05)
- DOD Information Assurance Awareness (MSC 2/06, 9/06)
- Equal Opportunity Awareness & Prevention of Sexual Harassment (MSC 1/06)
- Marine Environmental Programs (MSC 6/03, 3/07)
ALL DOCUMENTS, CERTIFICATES & REFERENCES FURNISHED UPON REQUEST
Waterways and Oceans navigated worldwide:
Mississippi SW Pass to Harvey, Venice Jump-Tiger Pass, Bayou Lafourche, Fourchon, LaRose, Houma Nav Channel, Intracoastal Waterway LA & TX, Atchafalaya Rive & Bayou Schaffer, Calcasieu Pass-Cameron, Port O'Conner, Biloxi Bay & Bayou Bernard, Tampa Bay & SE coast of Florida. Itajai River Brazil, Bahia de Guanabara Brazil, Rio Capibaribe Brazil, Coast of South America Itajai to Venezuela, Bocas del Dragon T&T, Gulf of Paria Trinidad &Tobago, Chaguaramas T&T, Columbus Channel T&T, Caribbean Sea T&T to Gulf of Mexico, Puget Sound, Columbia River, Dutch Harbor & Aleutian Passes, Gulf of Alaska, Bering Sea, Atlantic N&S, Pacific N&S, Indian, Mediterranean, Arabian, Red, Persian Gulf & Strait of Hormuz, Gulf of Oman, Gulf of Aden, Horn of Africa, Malacca Strait, Java Sea, Timor Sea, Arafura Sea, Philippine Sea,