I would like to work in the cruise line indursty again.
International Maritime Security Networks November 2007 - 2009
. Served as CEO of International Maritime Security Networks. 10/01/2008 -
. Responsible for running of day-to-day operations of company.
. Served as Marine Security SPEC. For International Maritime Security Networks
. Responsible for training students at different Maritime schools in Company Security and Vessel Security officer training and certification.
. Responsible for training of new Anti-piracy for Maritime vessels.
Master, Majestic America Line November2006 - 2008
· Served as Captain onboard the Steamer Delta Queen on the Western Rivers system.
· Responsible for the operation, safety and legal compliance of the vessel.
· Responsible for refurbishment and repair of vessels during lay-up periods.
· Supervised and implemented the startup of a new Safety Management System for the Delta Queen and American Queen.
. Responsible for all Coast GUARD annual and quarterly inspections.
. Extensive knowledge of Code of Federal Regulations.
. Extensive knowledge of SOLAS AND ISPS code.
. Managed and supervised budgets for both Engineering and Navigation
First Mate, Delta Queen Steamboat Co. April 1995 - November 2006
Second Mate, Delta Queen Steamboat Co. March 1987 – April 1995
New Orleans, LA
· Worked on the Steamers Delta Queen, Mississippi Queen and American Queen.
· Responsible for the safety and security of the vessel under the direction of the Captain.
. Responsible for budgets and routine ordering of supplies.
· Responsible for refurbishment and repair of vessels during lay-up periods, exterior and interior.
· Responsible for training the deck department.
· Supervised the deck department during ship evolutions and during daily work.
· Acted as Emergency Medical Response Officer.
Deckhand, Delta Queen Steamboat Co. March 1983-July 1986
New Orleans, LA
· Worked on the Steamers Delta Queen and Mississippi Queen.
· Responsible for carrying out ship evolutions such as mooring, landing and locking.
· Responsible for cleaning and maintaining the exterior of the vessels.
Owner and Manager, 2 Video Stores May 1990- July 2006
· Interviewed and hired sales staff.
· Scheduled staff to meet sales.
· Wrote performance reviews of staff and department managers.
· Ensured proper receipt, handling and display of store inventory.
· Assisted customers.
· Verified cash receipts and deposits.
· Responsible for all financial records.
Certified Welder, Marathon – Letourneau Aug, 1981-dec 1981
· Certified welder.
EDUCATION and TRAINING
Vicksburg High School, Vicksburg, MS May 1981
. Crisis Management, Pacific Maritime Institute August 2007
. Certified Company Security officer (CSO/VSO) and Vessel security Officer March 2007
. Basic and Advanced Shipboard Firefighting December 2005
. Unlimited Radar Observer – Inland August 2006
. Certified instructor in CSO,vso,PFSO FSO AND MSLEP.
. Anti-Piracy certified and Instructor
. MASTER OF STEAM OR MOTOR VESSELS OF ANY GROSS TONS UPON ILAND WATERS. RADAR OBSERVER (INLAND) EXPIRES 2011
. Certified in Crisis Management by Pacific Maritime Institute.
. Maritime Security SPEC WITH International Marine Security Networks. Certified by U.S.Coast Guard IN TRAIN THE TRAINER COURSES.
. Qualified to teach and certify Company Security officer, Vessel security officer, Maritime Security Law Enforcement, and Facility Security officer.
. Instructor certified to teach mariners in Company Security officer and Vessel Security Officer training.
. Knowledge of U.S. Coast Guard operating procedures and regulations.
. Extensive knowledge in Safety Management Systems
. Management experience includes: Hiring, supervising, training and general administrative functions.
I have excelent skilss with intergradeing with passengers and crew.
Excelent boat handling skills.
extensive knowlodge of U.S.Coast guard operateing procedures and regulations.
Extensive knowledge of Saftey Mangement Systems.
Mangement experience includes: Hireing,supervising,training and general admininstrative functions.