- Shipboard Officer / Personnel / Crew
AREAS OF EXPERIENCE
• Navigation: Celestial, Loran C, Omega, GPS, coast piloting, ocean sailings and passage/voyage planning. Accurate noon reports.
• Fuel transfer procedures and oil spill response.
• Cargo handling: Container, breakbulk, bulk and liquid. Stability, load and trim calculations.
• Conventional cargo gear: Rigging for standard operations and heavy lifts.
• Crane operations: Telescoping and knuckle.
• General rigging: Light and heavy loads, safe and efficient techniques.
• Short and long splicing: Wire rope and fiber line.
• Welding: ASME 6G and 4G certified, extensive record of steel fabrication projects.
• Machine tool: Lathe, mill, radial drillpress-design, set up and operation.
• Personnel supervision: Design, implementation and maintenance of training programs. Crew motivation development/enhancement.
• Administrative tasks: Budgeting, cost projections, preventive maintenance record keeping, NTM chart and publication corrections/ documentation/record maintenance, ISM/SMS design, implementation and management, engineering and insurance interface.
• Emergency response: Fire fighting, MOB, lifeboat/skiff/zodiac deployment and operation. Distress assistance.
2016: Basic Safety Training course at Maritime Science Department, Clatsop Community College, Astoria, OR
2016: Leadership and Management Skills Course at Maritime Science Department, Clatsop Community College, Astoria, OR
2016: Radar Unlimited recertification at Maritime Science Department, Clatsop Community College, Astoria, OR
2011: Conducted crew member class to certification of RIGGER/SIGNALMAN/Safety Training aboard the M/V Cape Grieg enroute to Alaska
2009: Radar Recertification at Maritime Science Department, Clatsop Community College, Astoria, OR
2008: Dynamic Positioning Induction course completion at L3, Houston, Texas
2008: ECDIS course completion at Pacific Maritime Institute, Seattle, WA
2006: Vessel Security Officer at Pacific Maritime Institute, Seattle, WA
2004: Radar Unlimited recertification at Clatsop Maritime, Astoria, OR
2004: ISPS Course on board the Nantucket Clipper while at sea.
2002: Medical Care Provider and Medical PIC courses at RTM Star Center, Dania Beach, FL
2001: STCW-95 BST course at the Maritime Science Department, Clatsop Community College, Astoria, OR
2000: STCW-95 GMDSS & BRM courses/exams at the Maritime Science Department, Clatsop Community College, Astoria, OR
1999: Radar Unlimited recertification & STCW-95 ARPA course at Pacific NW Training Institute, Seattle, WA
1999: Flashing light test preparation with the use of Houston Marine computer software at home in Astoria, OR
1999: Radar Unlimited recertification, Maritime Science Department, Clatsop Community College, Astoria, OR
1998: Tankerman PIC DL; California Maritime Academy course, Vancouver, WA
1998: GMDSS Operator test preparation; Maritime Science Department, Clatsop Community College, Astoria, OR
1996: 1600 GT Master/2nd Mate preparation; Maritime Science Department, Clatsop Community College, Astoria, OR
1994: 3rd Mate preparation; Northwest Merchant Marine Training Services, Seattle, WA
1990: VendeC/Allen Bradley Programmable Controller Workshop, Edwards, CO
1990: Lohmann/Kissling Gearbox Workshop, Girdwood, AK
1990: Sabina SCR/DC Drive Seminar, Girdwood, AK
1988: Hilti Tool Workshop, Vail, CO
1986: Parker Hydraulics Seminar, Beaver Creek, CO
1982: Fafnir Bearing Seminar, Reno, NV
MARITIME LICENSES AND DOCUMENTS-MMC reference number: 2231834
USCG MERCHANT MARINER CREDENTIAL AND STCW 95 ENDORSEMENTS
MASTER - OCEANS, 1600 GT (3000 ITC TONNAGE)
MASTER - OCEANS, 5000 GT, UNINSPECTED FISHING VESSELS
2ND MATE - OCEANS, ANY GROSS TONS
U.S.C.G. MERCHANT MARINER'S DOCUMENT-ABLE BODIED SEAMAN/UNLIMITED
FCC GMDSS/O - GLOBAL MARITIME DISTRESS and SAFETY SYSTEM OPERATOR
RELEVANT ENDORSEMENTS AND CERTIFICATIONS
STCW-95 compliance: GMDSS, BRM, ARPA, BST, Medical Care Provider, Medical PIC & Basic/Advanced Fire Fighting.
Radar observer, unlimited (recent renewal)
Fire fighting, basic/advanced
First aid and CPR
Graduate of Croftholmen Cadet Academy, Norway
Current US Passport
British Columbia Pilotage
Welding certifications: A.S.M.E. B&P .V. Code (C.W.S. #103) 6G and A.W.S. D1.1-83 Sec. 5 PAR. 5.30 4G
Non-destructive testing, Magnetic Particle Inspection: Certified to Level 2 Inspector (ASNT, TL llA)
Trawl net design, repair and maintenance - course completion certificate.
Height: 6’ Weight: 220 lb. In good physical condition. Computer literate. Organized and detail oriented. Fluent in English and Norwegian. Some language skill in German. Sailboat experience.
Des Moines, WA,