Ballast Control Operator
- Vessel Operations
I have 15 years experience offshore with 12 years as a BCO on all types of MODU’s, with the past 5 years working internationally. I feel my training, experience and comprehensive education as a ballast control operator have provided me with a full understanding in my area of expertise.
Diamond Offshore Drilling Inc. ▪ Houston, TX October 2004 – September 2016
Ballast Control Operator Ocean Endeavor (Black Sea) (GOM)/ Ocean Nomad (North Sea) / Ocean Confidence (GOM) Ocean Quest (GOM)/ Ocean Victory (GOM)
As BCO I perform daily deck inventory and stability calculations while maintaining rig at operational draft and in stable condition while ongoing rig operations continue.
▪Operating anchor winches ▪ Filling in as Barge Engineer as needed ▪ Management of vessel movement to/from rig
▪Maintain daily log book entries ▪Daily usage reports
▪Carry out preventative maintenance and repairs on marine, ballast and bulk systems
▪ Monitoring and controlling supply vessel activity for offload/ backload of cargo and bulk supplies
▪ Monitor and control permit to work system monitor alarm panels for fire, gas and other emergency systems ▪Manage weekly fire and abandon drill command center
▪Oversee bulk product transfers and general repair and maintenance of related equipment
▪Proficient in computer programming such as Microsoft Office and Outlook
▪Accurately record weather and maintain onboard oil record book
Diamond Offshore Inc., Houston, TX
Marine Roustabout on Ocean Confidence (GOM) March 2001– October 2004
▪Perform any and all necessary functions on board the rig as directed and assist the Crane Operator with loading and offloading the rig.
Geneva High School- High School Diploma/GED 1984
- Barge Supervisor / License #000218194 / Expires 18-October-2018
- Barge Supervisor Marshall Islands / License #292235 / Expires 18-October-2018
- Lifeboatman / License #000218194 / Expires 18-October-2018
- Lifeboatman/Coxswain Marshall Islands / License #MH1011433 / Expires 18-January-2019
- GMDSS / License #DO00004296 / No Expiration
- GMDSS Marshall Islands / License #285968 / Expires 28-August-2018
- TWIC CARD / Expires 9-February-2017 (In Renewal)
Shore Based Training: Coxswain, Stability refresher-Course date 14-Feb-13, OGUK Medical-Exam taken Aug-16, Stability & Ballast control comprehensive (Course date Oct 2004), Barge Supervisor Course (Course date Jun 2009), Advanced Firefighting / Fire Team Leader (Course date Feb 2014), GMDSS Radio operator course (Course date Aug 2004), Offshore survival and Helicopter underwater egress HUET (Course date 29-Jul-16), Survival craft proficiencies (Course date Mar. 2011), FOET (Course date 11-Apr-14), Emergency first aid STCW (Course date Jan. 2007)
Rig Based Training: LOLER Competent Person (Course date 1-Sept-14), Manual handling (CBT & Practical), Confined space entry (Course date 5-Sept-14), Gas Tester (Course date 3-Sept-14), PUWER Awareness (Course date 10-Sept-14), Barge Supervisor trainee competency, Ballast control operator 1 & 2 competency, API rigger training, Gas detection, Risk assessment.
▪Reference letter and full CV attached ▪ Other References available upon request