Aim to be associated with a progressive organization that gives me scope to apply my knowledge and skills along with my hard work and patience, and to be involved as a part of a
team that dynamically works towards the growth of the organization.
Presently working as Asst. Ship Surveyor in Technical services(Plan Approval-Machinery) division of Indian Register of Shipping (member of International association
of classification societies), for last 4 yrs(from sept.2005 onwards)
o Current CTC: 6.8 lacs/year
o Expected CTC:7.5 to 8.0 lacs/year
o Notice Period: 3 months
Undergone one year intensive training imparted by experienced IRS ship surveyors and naval architects. The training also comprised of assignments and project in a particular ship type design starting form basics.
Previously worked in the Blue Star Ltd (Cold Room Production division) from Dec-2004 to Sep-2005.
Current work profile:
• Plan approval for pumping & piping systems for various
ship types such as Oil tanker,offshore support vessel,
general cargo vessels, passenger ships, tugs, dredgers,
self elevating drilling units etc.
• Design approval for ship’s propulsion & steering gear
• Design approval for marine gearbox.
• Plan approval for major modifications in existing ship
such as conversion of single hull to double hull.
• Approval of the various fire safety systems for ship such
as fixed gas fire extinguishing system, automatic
sprinkler system, and water based local application fire
extinguishing system, deck foam system systems for
compliance to SOLAS & flag administrations requirements.
• Approval of plans for MARPOL compliance (IOPP plan, ISPP
• My work also involves the project monitoring for various
new construction vessels.
1st class B.Tech. (Mechanical) from the Dr.B.A.Technological University,Lonere.
(Year of passing-July 2004)
1st class D.M.E. from Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education, Mumbai.(Year of passing-July 2001)
1st class Secondary Examination from S.S.C. Board Kolhapur. .(Year of passing-July 1998)
Presently doing Post graduate diploma in Fire Protection Engineering from MIT, pune.
• Working knowledge of classification as well as statutory
requirements (IMO Resolutions & Conventions such as
SOLAS, MARPOL) related to new shipbuilding and ships in
• Working knowledge of designing of various fire
extinguishing systems for ships.
• Expert in Auto CAD, MS Office tools.
• Knowledge of New construction survey of ships.
• Working knowledge of various piping related
codes/standards like ASME B31,IS 1239,IS 800.
• Very much aware of ship building & repair practices,
welding techniques used in shipbuilding & welding