Administrator of Fleet Human Resources and labor relations
- HR / Recruitment
Self-motivated, dedicated and enthusiastic Human Resources Professional with 9+ years of experience in Human Resources and Leave of Absence Administration.
Areas of Expertise
FMLA/ADA/PDA Health & Welfare Programs Customer Service Oriented Training Facilitation HR Policies & Procedures Detailed Oriented Confidentiality HIPPA/COBRA/OSHA/ERISA Excellent Communication Skills Enrollment Database Maintenance/Management Compliance
University of Pennsylvania Health System Human Resources - Corporate Services
2007-Present – Human Resources Administrator
- Responsible for the coordination of various HR functions including Benefits Administration, FMLA, ADA, FLSA, EEO, Payroll, Compliance with state and federal Regulations.
- Provide technical content knowledge and skills applicable to a variety of group benefits and programs including Sick Pay, Salary continuance, Statutory Disability, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Family and Medical leave,(FML), Military Leave, Personal Leave, ADA, Vacation and Paid Time-off (PTO), Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance.
- Partner with employees, managers and colleagues to strategically manage the complete scope of the Federal
Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA); up to and including full
Physician certification review and eligibility determination, benefits status and payments, coordination of
Employees’ return to work and responding to all accommodation request.
- Focuses on development and management of absence and disability management programs.
- Investigate complex HR-related benefits issues and resolve those directly with employees in accordance with company policy.
- Provide benefit guidance in all aspects of employee benefits offered by UPHS including 401K retirement, medical, dental, vision, and tuition reimbursement, flexible spending account and COBRA benefit plans.
- Manage all administrative aspects of leave of absence to include tracking hours taken and working with managers to ensure that pay is accurate and correct.
- Participates in cross-functional Reasonable Accommodation (RA) weekly meetings to discuss possible accommodations and available jobs openings to facilitate the priority placement process for employees who are unable to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
- Understanding and compliance of regulations governing FMLA, ADA, Statutory Disability and ERISA, OSHA as it relates to Human Resources.
- Support HR team in the development and effective delivery of HR related policies and services.
- Deliver benefits presentation during new hire orientation.
- Coordinates with Shared Services Benefits Department for initiatives including but not limited to Open Enrollment, House staff onboarding, Health and Wellness Fairs, Benefits Fairs and Total Compensation.
- Assist with prevention programs.
- Recruiting and onboarding experience.
- Interpretation of Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Maintains Human Resource Information System (Lawson) to assure employee events are completed and up-to-date.
- Serve as a resource for employees and managers on short-term and long-term Disability inquires, conduct educational opportunities to improve the Penn Medicine community’s understanding of disability issues, and obligation to maintain compliance.
- Create and provide monthly, quarterly, and annual program metrics analysis and recommendations regarding plan or program design, process or service delivery improvements, opportunities to improve efficiency of programs and policy.
- Responds to external request for information.
- Assist with the administration of Worker’s Compensation claims.
- Collaborate with managers and employees to resolve any and all employee relation issues.
- Provide customer service support to internal and external customers.
- Experience representing company in areas of unemployment relating to leave of absences.
- Safety Committee member.
United Health Group/Americhoice Personal Care Plan Health Insurance Company
2001-2007 – AA/Lead Enrollment Reconciliation Specialist
- Provided administrative support to manager and staff.
- Develop and maintain filing system.
- Order office supplies.
- Responsible for researching and reconciling standard Medicare Part C and D capitation payments from the Centers Medicare Services.
- Verified through Marx System standard capitation payments due from CMS.
- Reviewed and processed new applications and change requests accurately and in a timely manner for up to 4,000 prospective members, to include approvals, withdrawals and denial.
- Coordinated and solved the timely resolutions of customer problems and issues.
- Maintained and generated statistical reports by gathering, analyzing, and creating various monthly spreadsheets.
- Acted as the lead person to handle requests for information and resolves or assists in resolving a variety of matters relating to enrollment.
- Act as a liaison between the Member Services Department and prospective members.
Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA – September 2012
- Currently attending-MS Human Resource Development
Devry University, Philadelphia, PA – June 2011
- BS/BA Health Services Management
- Honor Roll
Villanova University, Philadelphia, PA
- Human Resources Certificate
TECHNOLOGY AND SKILLS
Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, GroupWise, Outlook. Lawson, Qcera, and Kronos (E-Star).
Professional references available upon request.